Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Demons Souls

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,497 ✭✭✭✭noodler

tonydude wrote: »
    people if your interested in demons souls its on sale on adverts.ie

And who would be selling that do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Gerbilbert

The people I attacked was the blind chick and the guy who sits on the stoop by the "pool". The first guy you talk to in the Nexus. Hes not a merchant. If hes not going to matter then Ill just keep playing. The blind chick doesnt seem to care, must be emo >_>

Is the Deluxe edition important?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Gerbilbert wrote: »
    The people I attacked was the blind chick and the guy who sits on the stoop by the "pool". The first guy you talk to in the Nexus. Hes not a merchant. If hes not going to matter then Ill just keep playing. The blind chick doesnt seem to care, must be emo >_>

You're lucky they're about the only characters that don't matter if you attack, altho killing the guy by the step will drive your soul tendency towards black.

You get nothing great from the phalanx demons soul, just the scraping spear which is only good against others players and the weapons trophy. go to the demons souls wiki and look up the demon souls section to see what you can get from each demon.

the guide in the deluxe edition is meant to be pretty good, altho with the net there's no real need for guides anymore.

BTW anyone around soul lvl 160 or 235 and has the maxed pulpstone(fatal) weapon contact me, i'm stuck on 98% and its the last trophy i need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Got my US Limited edition today. So pretty!

Starting all over again as a Royal, currently at SL 19 or thereabouts. If anyone else is playing the US version hit me up for some co-op goodness. ID: Slurms

(can't believe I've bought this game twice now!)

Much if any of a difference?

Couple of translation improvements, that's about it. I was just hankering after all the lovely extras! The guide is awesome actually.

Going through this run as an Assassin build Royal. So I can't upgrade my endurance or vitality, it's gonna be tough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Starting all over again as a Royal, currently at SL 19 or thereabouts. If anyone else is playing the US version hit me up for some co-op goodness. ID: Slurms

Tempted to double dip for guide and US servers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

If anyone else is playing the US version hit me up for some co-op goodness. ID: Slurms

Is that possible in the game?
    I read in a review that you cant invite friends, u are stuck with playing with random people. Is that true? also, I heard that there is no means of communicating with other players apart from a few hand gestures.

Also, where did you order the limited edition from? how much did u pay and how long did it take for u to get the limited edition?
    I dont have this game but i am planning to get it .
    Thanks in advance.

I got it from VG+ and it took 4 days to get to me. Think I paid 60 euro altogether.

You can co-op by organising with a friend to start in a certain world and then one of you drops their blue eye stone, then the person in Body form finds the soul sign and, bam, it's co-op time!

And Gummy, do double dip. Totally worth it for the lovely limited edition embossed box!

• Advertisement

And Gummy, do double dip. Totally worth it for the lovely limited edition embossed box!

Damn you!!!!

I double dipped just there. Its your fault and Pete Dorr's

Should I wait for a possible EU release...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

I got it from VG+ and it took 4 days to get to me. Think I paid 60 euro altogether.

You can co-op by organising with a friend to start in a certain world and then one of you drops their blue eye stone, then the person in Body form finds the soul sign and, bam, it's co-op time!

I did the same thing and ordered the deluxe edition from vg+ (I know, sad). The save files from the asian version are not supposed to be compatible with the US version but does loading the US version on your PS3 do any damage to the Asian save files?

Oh and I'm on my NG+ run through now. Big jump in difficulty. I wasn't expecting to get killed with one hit from a Fat minister on 2-2 or the blue eyed knights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Still waiting on axelmusic to send it, very disappointed with them.

noodler wrote: »
    Should I wait for a possible EU release...

Nope. Atlus don't publish in EU. They use Square Enix (or Ghostlight in the past) and i can't imagine it happening anything soon if they haven't even planned a release of their psp persona game in EU.

VGP charge around €60 for deluxe. I can guarantee Gamestop will charge that for regular version.

VGP charge around €60 for deluxe. I can guarantee Gamestop will charge that for regular version.

To be honest, I dont think the games is even going to come to gamestop. I have only seen games that are officially released in europe being stocked in retail stores.
    Since there is no european release, i seriously doubt if the retailers will stock games like demon soul and the new god of war collection

jmx009 wrote: »
    To be honest, I dont think the games is even going to come to gamestop. I have only seen games that are officially released in europe being stocked in retail stores.
    Since there is no european release, i seriously doubt if the retailers will stock games like demon soul and the new god of war collection

erm.. I never said they'd sell the US version (They can't anyway). I meant if Atlus ever partnered with anyone in Europe to publish it, Gamestop would probably charge for regular edition as much as it is to import the Deluxe Edition from VGP.

erm.. I never said they'd sell the US version (They can't anyway). I meant if Atlus ever partnered with anyone in Europe to publish it, Gamestop would probably charge for regular edition as much as it is to import the Deluxe Edition from VGP.

Ohh my bad .....

• Advertisement

BTW a restoring on a new console will lose you your DS saves.

Very tempted on the yank version, i have definate buyer for my asian copy. anyway i've heard of it happen with asian version of games and euro\us, can the trophies be get again on the US version?

No longer, just ordered it, gahh!!

Yeah you get the trophies all over again.

I've taken down 1-1 and 2-1. Never had a magic using character before so it still feels really fresh!

The kris knfe at the end of 2-1 is very handy for a magic user, boosts your magic but lowers magic defense(does'nt really matter as there's few magic using enemies). It also stacks up with the ring of magical sharpness.

I need to do 3-1 to get the Clever Rat's ring, and that'll always be equipped. The build I'm using is a low vitality so I'm trying to keep it under 30% in order to get the attack boost.

Just need a bow for when my spells aren't in range.

If you're not bothering with strength or dex go with the lava bow(any bow+7 with spider demons soul(ignite is a waste of 2 magic slots)), it has a high start off damage but once you get dex and strength up, the vicious compound bow easily beats it. Morion blade with the clever rats is lethal. If you've a female build, 3-1 has the silver bracelet too, 20% more souls and stacks with ring of avarice and thirst.

Once i get the US version must meet up with ya, got leveling up down to a tee in the game so should'n take long.

If you're not bothering with strength or dex go with the lava bow(any bow+7 with spider demons soul(ignite is a waste of 2 magic slots)), it has a high start off damage but once you get dex and strength up, the vicious compound bow easily beats it. Morion blade with the clever rats is lethal. If you've a female build, 3-1 has the silver bracelet too, 20% more souls and stacks with ring of avarice and thirst.

Once i get the US version must meet up with ya, got leveling up down to a tee in the game so should'n take long.

My strength is going to 22 and dex to 30. Need it for the Purple Flame Shield and Moon Winged Spear +5. Poke and runaway, then cast magic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

I just beat 1-1 :D, that part with the dragon was annoying.
    are you supposed to go to 1-2, or 2-1 next?:confused:

I always do all the x-1 worlds first, the x-2 ones can be pretty tough.

Level up a bit first, get some stones and bump up your weapons, 2-1 should be next(get a stabbing weapon for world 2, spears good), if you did'nt like the draon in 1-1 then you'll hate 1-2.

I'm on NG+ at the moment. Beat 1-1 and 1-2. I think I screwed up my levelling because blocking a hit pretty much removes all of my stamina. I went to 4-1 and couldn't touch the skeletons this time round. 1 some times 2 blocked hits knocks me back then the follow up kills me.

I got my US version the other day. The book is very nice although in places it looks like they copied straight from the english wiki.

My US copy was shipped yesterday. Now to play the waiting game.

• Advertisement

From VG+ too?, i'm praying they stick to their 3 day delivery record. altho uncharted 2 will keep me going.

My copy came in 4 days. Although I have waited 2 weeks for delivery from them.

From VG+ too?, i'm praying they stick to their 3 day delivery record. altho uncharted 2 will keep me going.

3 days? usually takes a week for me from VG+.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Comeone please link me the best place to buy this?
    Cheers.

jayteecork wrote: »
    Comeone please link me the best place to buy this?
    Cheers.

http://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?cPath=486_494&products_id=15657

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Just ordered mine from VG+. Should keep me going until I pick up uncharted for christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭atat23

Just ordered mine from VG+. Should keep me going until I pick up uncharted for christmas.

yeah same here, ordered it about 30 mins ago along with Afrika, never ordered anything from them though so I wonder what the delivery time is?

I expect it might be a bit of a wait since it's coming all the way from canada, still though, even with shipping it's still a good bit cheaper than what a new game in ireland costs, such a rip off around here :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Ziggurat

Guys, I have to ask: is this a grindan game for grindan people? I like a good dungeon crawl as much as the next person but years of WoW have...decreased my tolerance for such grinds.

Otherwise this looks like a great game and I'm very, very tempted to buy it.

Had one of those 'Demon's Souls' moments while playing last night:

So there I am going through 1-3 when all of a sudden I get the dreaded message: A Black Phantom has invaded! ****! So I run to a strategic position, at the top of the stairs where all the assassins hide, knowing that I've not unlocked the portcullis and that BP will have to run up those stairs.

I hastily equip the Graverobbers Ring and the Ring of Sincere Prayer, ready my Talisman of God (still need to get world 2 to Black Tendency so Scirvir can drop the Talisman of Beasts), and hope for the best.

All of a sudden I see him! Big, bruising and with a dirty great big two handed sword. One hit and I know I'm done from that (remember I've not touched my vitality at all). Nervously watching him approach, noting that he seems to be checking all the hidden spots expecting an ambush, I begin to worry...

He gets closer and closer, sprinting now. Time is limited, so I let loose. My royal begins to chant and just as the BP rounds the corner and spots me, Wrath of God hits him full blast! He's floored but has a small amount of health remaining. I summon up the emote menu, bow, then finish him off with my spear. Felt so great! You invaded the wrong game bitch!
    but then 5 mins later I was killed by a flaming boulder!

/\ You posted that on eurogamer :D

• Advertisement

ShaneU wrote: »
    /\ You posted that on eurogamer :D

Aye I did but I wanted to share it with everyone, cos I'm so proud innit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Vorrtexx

atat23 wrote: »
    yeah same here, ordered it about 30 mins ago along with Afrika, never ordered anything from them though so I wonder what the delivery time is?

I expect it might be a bit of a wait since it's coming all the way from canada, still though, even with shipping it's still a good bit cheaper than what a new game in ireland costs, such a rip off around here :mad:

Their shipping times are generally quite good. 3 - 4 working days usually.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

So tell me about the Net functions of the game.

I hear users can leave tips for other people and whatnot.

Is being connected to the net essential for this title?

This should tell you everything http://www.atlus.com/mediawiki/index.php/Online

Basically if you play offline, you won't be able to summon people to your game, see hints people leave, or see the bloodstains that show how people died.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭Cold|Fusion

ShaneU, did axelmusic get your copy to you?

Had one of those 'Demon's Souls' moments while playing last night:

So there I am going through 1-3 when all of a sudden I get the dreaded message: A Black Phantom has invaded! ****! So I run to a strategic position, at the top of the stairs where all the assassins hide, knowing that I've not unlocked the portcullis and that BP will have to run up those stairs.

I hastily equip the Graverobbers Ring and the Ring of Sincere Prayer, ready my Talisman of God (still need to get world 2 to Black Tendency so Scirvir can drop the Talisman of Beasts), and hope for the best.

All of a sudden I see him! Big, bruising and with a dirty great big two handed sword. One hit and I know I'm done from that (remember I've not touched my vitality at all). Nervously watching him approach, noting that he seems to be checking all the hidden spots expecting an ambush, I begin to worry...

He gets closer and closer, sprinting now. Time is limited, so I let loose. My royal begins to chant and just as the BP rounds the corner and spots me, Wrath of God hits him full blast! He's floored but has a small amount of health remaining. I summon up the emote menu, bow, then finish him off with my spear. Felt so great! You invaded the wrong game bitch!
    but then 5 mins later I was killed by a flaming boulder!

I dont have the game but that made me want to have it. !!

ShaneU, did axelmusic get your copy to you?

nope, they cancelled a week after release date, said Atlus didn't live up to their promise and they weren't getting any more deluxe editions back in stock. If I ordered from VG+ I'd have the game by now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭Cold|Fusion

That sucks man, I ordered from there upon your recommedation of them and I received the game last Tuesday.

C|F

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,843 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's not essential but you are totally missing out if you don't. It's weird but lets just say that it's mainly a singleplayer game and the online functions enhance the single player experience like nothing else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Is this out in Ireland yet or due for release? Seems interesting, but I'm going to play through what I have so I can wait.

Advertisement