Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where are you right now? Part 5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Happy Christmas Eve, all! I'm sitting down watching a Christmas Carol (1935 version) with the smell of turkey roasting in the background. Heading out shortly for my annual Christmas Eve breakfast with my two best friends, and then a busy day of food prep and visiting ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Shpud2 wrote: »
    In a psychiatric unit which has been my home for the past while. Hot shower had, breakfast has been eaten and now to wait anxiously to see if I'll be home for Christmas. I've missed you all.
    Happy Christmas Eve.

Great to hear from you Shpud2. Take it easy and hope you have a lovely Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Good to hear from you Shpud. Hope you get home for Christmas. Be well!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

In the Mammy's house but heading home to deepest darkest Tipp in a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

It's nice to hear from you Shpud. I'm glad you're getting some help. Hope you have a nice Christmas :) x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

After killing myself doing crazy hours, i am now drinking prosecco and waiting for someone to start looking after me, so I don’t look like like a horrific ball of sh1te when santa comes down the chimney, the dirty yoke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Heading out to collect the turkey and may take a walk to see what's buzzing.

Hopefully not the turkey still making noise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Is it too early to have a festive drink?! Hope not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Is it too early to have a festive drink?! Hope not.

It isn’t. Had my first at 10:30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,919 ✭✭✭gifted

In a psychiatric unit which has been my home for the past while. Hot shower had, breakfast has been eaten and now to wait anxiously to see if I'll be home for Christmas. I've missed you all.
    Happy Christmas Eve.

Good to hear from you Sphud....your sounding positive....fingers crossed for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

It isn’t. Had my first at 10:30

And, just to be sure, you are a good example to follow? Right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭I says

6k run to clear the system for tomorrow

Was going well till the run finished beans on toast,mug of tae, 4 mikados and a fistful of quality streets. Nom nom nom
    Happy Christmas ye magnificent animals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

what on earth was in my... mind wittering on about staying abed all day...
    Maybe I forgot what day it is.... I mean REALLY

Well, after a walk, just before the heavens opened, and stayed open, been busy kitchen side as I cannot cook on the day and prepare... Tried that and ended up back abed with no food!

so I took the laptop through and went into dervish mode... All I have to do tomorrow now is the sprouts and put the turkey breast roast, which is now safe in a cool room where no 4 pawed mouth can get near it... Potatoes for roasting and carrots and parsnips ditto all parboiled and ready... carrots and parsnips cooked and finely mashed.. The potatoes are home grown... ;)

wild out there and glad I am not to be over the ocean and needing back... last post has been so gate firmly shut and Christmas is ON! ALLELUIA!

Still have to finish the decorations in here but that will be soon done.... lovely music .... ah so blessed I am! So very very blessed... Fire smouldering and blazing warm.... good island turf.... wild wind making it all snugger.... wishing you all as much as I have here... Mince pie anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Great atmosphere in town. Of course on such days one invariably meets a friend...you'll come in for one...ok just one....glad I had my designated driver with me.

Bed....of all the days to be struck with a bloody cold.....feel like ****e.......hope it's not man flu....couldn't handle that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Cushtie

Watching a Jack Reacher movie; can't accept Tom Cruise in the role, as Reacher in the books is described as a bear of a man.

+ 100!! Yeah. I cant read the books now without seeing Cruise on my mind. To me it was always a Hugh Jackman type of figure. I was gutted when I head Cruise got the gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Happy Christmas Eve.

So glad to hear from you. You've been missed. Can't tell you not to be anxious cause I know that doesn't work but try to think positive and we're all sending you massive support and hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

On the train to Wexford- next stop, Rathdrum

gifted wrote: »
    Bed....of all the days to be struck with a bloody cold.....feel like ****e.......hope it's not man flu....couldn't handle that.

Hope you feel better soon gifted. Sleep as much as you can..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,952 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

It's doing the rounds down here too Gifted , hopefully it doesn't turn into that awful Plague (flu!) that everyone seems to have gotten last year .

Rest up , fluids , paracetamol and hopefully you'll be bounding down the stairs in the small hours with the chicks :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Man flu is awful

*bro hugs*

Watching the Conjuring :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Finally finished work and now I can fully get into Christmas mode :D

1 more sleep :D

Gifted I hope you're better tomorrow :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,270 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Climbed on a B787 as a passenger and snored for the two hour flight home, off for the next 7 days, went to do some last minute food shopping in wonderfully empty shops. Now time for some night cocktails.

Merry Christmas Witchie as its now Xmas KL time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

couchside, just finished wrapping presents :D

good to hear from you shpud, was thinking of ya :)

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Solomon Pleasant

Just back from the pitch.

Running laps to burn off the alcohol and chocolate of the last few days with the aim of being fit enough to play championship football come Summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

smurfjed wrote: »
    Climbed on a B787 as a passenger and snored for the two hour flight home, off for the next 7 days, went to do some last minute food shopping in wonderfully empty shops. Now time for some night cocktails.

Merry Christmas Witchie as its now Xmas KL time.

Ah that was what we heard here...sounded like thunder ;)

Home as in? ireland?

winding down here.. just fused the sockets trying to sort Christmas lights so binned that idea... sokay, just that climbing on a chair to click the switch back to on is rather hard these days, and getting down even more so.. step stool always on my shopping list.

Nine Lessons and Carols by candlelight was utterly..... Christmas..sheer bliss it was

See thee on the other side of midnight..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Glad to hear from you Shpud, hoping you enjoy your Christmas :)

On the couch watching Johnny English, after eating a whole chocolate Santa to myself and I feel sick. All food and drink shopping done so I'm not moving again for a while.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Shpud, so, so good to hear from you. You've been mentioned nearly daily here.. Hope you are doing ok..

In my sisters in Wexford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,952 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

In the kitchen , just potatoes left to peel , everything else sorted , watching Mary Poppins on BBC1 :D

( young at heart I am !!)

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    In the kitchen , just potatoes left to peel , everything else sorted , watching Mary Poppins on BBC1 :D

( young at heart I am !!)

Real Christmas vibes Mam! Enjoy :) x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,209 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Out collecting my sweet and sour and satay sauces for tomorrow. Year two of the Chinese takeaway style buffet on Christmas Day. A big success last year. If its not broken, don't fix it.:D

In bed

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bedside balmed out , tired after minding my nephew :3
    northgirl wrote: »
    Watching the Conjuring :pac:

What's that like?

Bedside balmed out , tired after minding my nephew :3

What's that like?

Not bad so far. I do like Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga and the action is pretty much there from the get go.

northgirl wrote: »
    Not bad so far. I do like Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga and the action is pretty much there from the get go.

Spooky ? Loads of jump scares 😱?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Lighting the Welcome candle in the front window, as I have done here for the last 47 Christmas Eves and my father did at home for 30 years before that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Smokes, nearly forgot to get them :o onward to the coalface..

• Advertisement

Spooky ? Loads of jump scares 😱?

Yeah! I'm enjoying it :)

Lorraine and Ed Warren, 2 real life paranormal investigators are investigating a "haunting". I never thought I'd watch these things alone but here I am - FTW!!

I'm glad to hear you are ok Shpud x

I'm sitting in the car having my think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I'm glad to hear you are ok Shpud x

I'm sitting in the car having my think.

Best place for a think is definitely the car :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Need a good think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Home, had a fight with mam, it’s Christmas alright. Banging headache too :rolleyes:

I'm out of bed folks....like a bear with a sore head.....have to shake it off as the three chicks are looking at me funny......ok they're giving out to me lol lol....gonna head to my happy place and get the Panna Cottas ready for tomorrow....

Hope everyone in here will have a great, happy, safe Christmas day tomorrow.

• Advertisement

I'm out of bed folks....like a bear with a sore head.....have to shake it off as the three chicks are looking at me funny......ok they're giving out to me lol lol....gonna head to my happy place and get the Panna Cottas ready for tomorrow....

Those chicks are fierce lucky to have you gifted :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Autosport wrote: »
    Best place for a think is definitely the car :)
    I normally have mine in the shower :)

You too Gifted - by name and by nature :D

A wonderful day to you and yours!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Well, I have to say, dinner was amazing. :D
    The turkey was juicy, the stuffing was perfect and everything was timed to perfection. Opened a couple of gifts after (we always open one on Christmas eve, usually from the gang in Navan cos its new jammies) we won't see half the kids til new years eve so they opened most of their gifts from us.
    I have to say I enjoyed it immensely. And now to get the small babies hyper about santy before bed.
    I'm so happy to have had all the babies here today, especially Elliot, it was such a different time last year. He's snug in his new fluffy jammies watching the lights on the tree.
    Happy Christmas everyone, I hope all the sickness eases for you and santy is generous and plentiful.

cbyrd wrote: »
    Well, I have to say, dinner was amazing. :D
    The turkey was juicy, the stuffing was perfect and everything was timed to perfection. Opened a couple of gifts after (we always open one on Christmas eve, usually from the gang in Navan cos its new jammies) we won't see half the kids til new years eve so they opened most of their gifts from us.
    I have to say I enjoyed it immensely. And now to get the small babies hyper about santy before bed.
    I'm so happy to have had all the babies here today, especially Elliot, it was such a different time last year. He's snug in his new fluffy jammies watching the lights on the tree.
    Happy Christmas everyone, I hope all the sickness eases for you and santy is generous and plentiful.

So happy for you CByrd. What a well deserved day you had. I can only imagine that you are on cloud 9 :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement