Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-03-2010, 23:53   #46
Mr E
Administrator

If you're installing for the first time, then a wipe is recommended.
When you install subsequent versions, you can overwrite without wiping.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
16-03-2010, 00:09   #47
delta214

Is there any way of backing up the apps, or do i just have to make a list and reinstall them?
16-03-2010, 00:14   #48
Mr E
Administrator

I'm sure you can use titanium backup or something like that, but the apps are so small, it takes minutes to set them up again. Any apps you paid for (if you paid for any) are tied to your gmail account, so they show up as "Purchased" in the market and can be redownloaded very easily.
(2) thanks from:
22-03-2010, 10:08   #49
James.m.c

Thank god this thread was set up, the last one was pretty much a joke reading it. I'm still having alot of trouble with the 3g reception dropping, and I have lodged a complaint with meteor in the hope that they would hactually do something. Instead I'm free to end my contract and move elsewhere.

They gave up pretty easily, they would not or could not help me
23-03-2010, 16:03   #50
breeno

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.m.c View Post
Thank god this thread was set up, the last one was pretty much a joke reading it. I'm still having alot of trouble with the 3g reception dropping, and I have lodged a complaint with meteor in the hope that they would hactually do something. Instead I'm free to end my contract and move elsewhere.

They gave up pretty easily, they would not or could not help me
Lads, I'm in the same boat. My phone is completely dropping coverage about 3/4 times a day, pretty annoying if people are trying to ring text me. I got onto Meteor and they said there's nothing they can do apart from sending it off for repair which wont do anything as it's a network problem! I signed up to an 18 month contract in November last, cant have this issue going on like this until then. Do I have any options?
Advertisement
23-03-2010, 16:08   #51
Mr E
Administrator

Maybe a meteor user can answer this, but can the radio be upgraded easily on one of their phones? Updating the radio can improve reception and signal quality.

Just out of curiousity, look on your phone (Settings) and find out what version of the radio is installed. It will be on the About screen, and it is called "Baseband Version" I think...
23-03-2010, 16:21   #52
breeno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr E View Post
Maybe a meteor user can answer this, but can the radio be upgraded easily on one of their phones? Updating the radio can improve reception and signal quality.

Just out of curiousity, look on your phone (Settings) and find out what version of the radio is installed. It will be on the About screen, and it is called "Baseband Version" I think...
I'm using the latest radio 63.18.55.06ju_6.35.09.26. Had the same problem with any radio I've tried.
23-03-2010, 18:30   #53
Yenwod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baza210 View Post
You might want to mention that you can access paid apps if you use a SIM card from a paid-apps enabled country like an O2 UK SIM. You can then download the application over your home wifi.
Could you elaborate on this please? I have access to an english sim card...what application do I need to download? I may root my phone in the future but for the moment, would like to try this. Thanks!
25-03-2010, 00:03   #54
Proxy

Just wondering if anybody has found a radio app that can play Irish radio stations (particularly TodayFM)? I've found other radio streaming apps, but none that could play the web streams. Ideas? Thanks.
Advertisement
25-03-2010, 00:21   #55
Andrew76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yenwod View Post
Could you elaborate on this please? I have access to an english sim card...what application do I need to download? I may root my phone in the future but for the moment, would like to try this. Thanks!
Just pop in your UK sim card and go into the Android Market place as normal (over wifi), you should be able to search for paid apps or see them under the "Just In" heading. You'll need to sign into Google Checkout using the UK number and a postcode and then you can buy apps, download and install as normal. Then when you switch back to your normal sim card they're still there. Works a treat.
25-03-2010, 09:37   #56
wardie101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
Just wondering if anybody has found a radio app that can play Irish radio stations (particularly TodayFM)? I've found other radio streaming apps, but none that could play the web streams. Ideas? Thanks.
I use "A Online Radio" and it streams Today FM and Newstalk fine
Thanks from:
25-03-2010, 10:07   #57
madmoe

I use "A Online Radio" as well but can't find 2FM and some of the others :-(
Thanks from:
25-03-2010, 20:00   #58
overthebridge

TuneWiki gets me streams of TodayFm - Great App too By the way !!
25-03-2010, 21:01   #59
madmoe

Using TuneWiki for weeks now and its the business! How do you add the streams??
26-03-2010, 10:51   #60
Yenwod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew76 View Post
Just pop in your UK sim card and go into the Android Market place as normal (over wifi), you should be able to search for paid apps or see them under the "Just In" heading. You'll need to sign into Google Checkout using the UK number and a postcode and then you can buy apps, download and install as normal. Then when you switch back to your normal sim card they're still there. Works a treat.
Nice!! Thank you kindly sir

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion