Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

The Mess - Military Forum Off Topic Thread!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

Poccington wrote: »
    was sweating like a paedo in a barney suit!

Thats now replacing my "sweating like a priest in a playground" line.

While i'm asking, anyone know if there is a direct entry as an army engineering officer, going off a honours degree in mech engineering?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭pmg58

Yes there is, but the competitions only rarely take place, i.e. when there is a need for engineer officers. Not sure how often, maybe every few years? Wouldn't mind going down this route myself to be honest.

Hmm yeah, regular cadets are only option then probably

Well its a lot more reliable on waiting for a DE competition to be run.

Is anything reliable these days mate

Sush, dont say the R-word

• Advertisement

SHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I suppose you could say reliable is a relative term!

Nah looks like were in the same boat, got my Civil Eng degree this year, would love to be an engineer officer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

Nevermind that Direct Entry malarkey, get yourself a Cadetship and have the 15 months of craic down in the Cadet School :pac:

I really do love resting off.

Today is a day for a spot of training and lots of swanning. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Jebus Crust...this place is getting a bit mouldy with moaners....Anyone got any decent jokes? I'm bored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Nora Gorgeous Poplin

iceage wrote: »
    Jebus Crust...this place is getting a bit mouldy with moaners....Anyone got any decent jokes? I'm bored.

Q; Where does a bullet leave the rifle?.

• Advertisement

Q; Where does a bullet leave the rifle?.

I don't know Nora Gorgeous Poplin....Where does a bullet leave the rifle?

"God... this better be good" :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Behind... but I'm only guessing that one.

Wait for it! Wait for it!.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Nora Gorgeous Poplin

I don't know Makikomi....Where does a bullet leave the rifle?

"God... this better be good" :P

In your arm's!..

Here's one to get the lads with at lunch time...

Q; What was Rommels last words to the men before every tank battle...

*you'll always get the know-it-all's who'll swear blind they know it but can't remember*

A; "Right men, get into your fvcking tanks".

:P

Another silly one...

Q;Where did Hilter keep his second armies?

A; In his sleevies!.

:D

I'm crap at jokes, can never remember them, or p1ss myself laughing before the punchline. So I decided to steal Ahem... Aquire one or two of the Net. :)

The soldier serving overseas and far from home was annoyed and upset when his girl wrote breaking off their engagement and asking for her photograph back.

A creative fellow, he went out and collected from his buddies all the unwanted photographs of women that he could find, bundled them all together and sent them to her with a note stating the following:

"Dear Mary, I can not remember which one is you ... please keep YOUR photo and return the others!!!

Q: How many Americans does it take to screw in a light bulb ?
    A: Only one, but he does it from 30 miles away using laser targeting, and at a cost of US $8,000,

Jesus must've been a Guardsman. He only had twelve mates and one of them jacked him in for beer tokens!!!

I'm crap at jokes, can never remember them, or p1ss myself laughing before the punchline. So I decided to steal Ahem... Aquire one or two of the Net. :)

The soldier serving overseas and far from home was annoyed and upset when his girl wrote breaking off their engagement and asking for her photograph back.

A creative fellow, he went out and collected from his buddies all the unwanted photographs of women that he could find, bundled them all together and sent them to her with a note stating the following:

"Dear Mary, I can not remember which one is you ... please keep YOUR photo and return the others!!!

Q: How many Americans does it take to screw in a light bulb ?
    A: Only one, but he does it from 30 miles away using laser targeting, and at a cost of US $8,000,

Jesus must've been a Guardsman. He only had twelve mates and one of them jacked him in for beer tokens!!!

I'm off to get pissed.... Its been a sh1te day really.... What with all the comings and goings. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Hagar wrote: »

Watch your dressing!!!Lift em,bend em,sink em!!!!

****ing hell I'm tired.

****ing hell I'm tired.

Work or recreation related?!

• Advertisement

Work or recreation related?!

Work related.

Had an absolute **** of a week and I never wanna see another shell scrape for as long as I live.

Work related.

Had an absolute **** of a week and I never wanna see another shell scrape for as long as I live.

I never want to see another army dinner in Mullingar again,lost a stone in 2 weeks:mad:

I do enjoy putting it back on though!

I never want to see another army dinner in Mullingar again,lost a stone in 2 weeks:mad:

The only thing that kept me from wasting away completely the last two weeks in Mullingar were the chicken tenders in Sofia's! I'm still upset they ran out of them on the last night.

pmg58 wrote: »
    The only thing that kept me from wasting away completely the last two weeks in Mullingar were the chicken tenders in Sofia's! I'm still upset they ran out of them on the last night.

The battered sausages and the deep fried mars bars where good also!

I think I lost all my weight on the dancefloor in the lane rather than the frantic running around the square carrying logs and tires!Damn cheating recruits!

Going by your posts lads, I would've gladly swapped losing a stone down in Mullingar for the week I had.

Cushy bastards. :p

Going by your posts lads, I would've gladly swapped losing a stone down in Mullingar for the week I had.

Cushy bastards. :p

I dont know Pocc,I like to eat my food in the knowlege that I wont be stuck on the toilet for the next couple of hours!Doing 4 sh!tes in 1 day takes it out of you,Hole on me like the japanese flag!:P

ROFL. Now THERES a description.....

And yet they couldnt understand why the billets kept running out of toilet paper :rolleyes:

pmg58 wrote: »
    And yet they couldnt understand why the billets kept running out of toilet paper :rolleyes:

Or why the toilets kept blocking up:(

• Advertisement

Jesus lads, that bad? I had an interesting conversation with a fellow I know about the benefits and downfalls of british rat packs, and a certain biscuit we remembered with fondness included within them, Biscuit AB.

End of the sh!ts as you know them! known more by they more amusing, but oh so true description. Biscuits anal blockage. :D

Advertisement