Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

The Mess - Military Forum Off Topic Thread!

  • #1
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 Poccington


    Right lads, it was decided that the Forum needed it's own Off Topic Thread.

    This is where ya come to shite talk, have a crib, talk about your glory days, have a bit of banter and slag everyone elses Unit. Basically, the kinda stuff any good soldier does :p

    The Moderating won't be as strict, such is the nature of the thread with banter etc. but make sure the banter is light hearted. Step out of line and expect to be punished.

    Let the shite talking commence. :)


«13456727

Comments



  • Anyone gonna be at the Brigade Competition coming up very soon? If so let me know and we can have a talk over some Army curry :pac:




  • Don't you, like, need a Brigade to have a brigade competition?

    When's the last time an Irish Brigade ever did anything as a brigade? Being appointed to Brigade S-3 has got to be the death knell to an Irish officer.

    NTM




  • Don't you, like, need a Brigade to have a brigade competition?

    When's the last time an Irish Brigade ever did anything as a brigade? Being appointed to Brigade S-3 has got to be the death knell to an Irish officer.

    NTM

    I hope you're not suggesting that the DF is undermanned or is not quite what it says it is? :pac:




  • Don't you, like, need a Brigade to have a brigade competition?

    When's the last time an Irish Brigade ever did anything as a brigade? Being appointed to Brigade S-3 has got to be the death knell to an Irish officer.

    NTM


    Well we do have a brigade duty officer, so there - up your swiss :P

    .




  • Right here's one (old sweat time)...

    Any of the older lads here remember the song from Lebanon..

    "Christian shells from Saff Al Howa came raining down upon Tibnine.."

    I'd love to get the rest of the words to it.

    .


  • Advertisement


  • Mairt wrote: »
    Well we do have a brigade duty officer, so there - up your swiss :P

    .

    So that's what BDO stands for!

    You've no idea how many times I've been on Stand Too and heard the BDO being mentioned and I've never had a breeze what it meant, apart from the fact it was an Officer :pac:




  • Could it not also be a Battalion Duty Officer?

    NTM




  • Well in my day it was CDO. That is Command Duty Officer and we did stand too in Clancy Bks. Do you know where that is? :p:p




  • rednik wrote: »
    Well in my day it was CDO. That is Command Duty Officer and we did stand too in Clancy Bks. Do you know where that is? :p:p


    Without getting too operational about it, the CDO as it was back then is the BDO now.




  • "Careful, careful the place is full of Mods and heavy hitters Iceage"

    Yeah...but if the CDO is the BDO who might be an NCO...... whos on base?? :P


  • Advertisement


  • Mairt wrote: »
    Without getting too operational about it, the CDO as it was back then is the BDO now.

    Do these abbreviations actually do anything or are they there to keep old men in work?!




  • Do these abbreviations actually do anything or are they there to keep old men in work?!


    Actually I'd rather do a beat again than their duty tbh.




  • "Christian shells from Saff Al Howa came raining down upon Tibnine.."

    Any joy guys? tell you what Mairt if you get that sorted I'll PM you the words to a really filthy one for my old Regiment when I was a kid.

    Shocking...actually in todays climate it would probably gey you arrested! :rolleyes:

    on Second thoughts.....lolol




  • I heard some very interesting news during the week with regards the Recruitment Ban on the PDF at least. Will wait till I hear more before spreading the word.




  • Heard at work today that a circular is being drawn up re: tax on pension lump sum. Still nothing concrete but it seems to be firming up. If it does come in I see a mass exodus of those close to retirement and with no new bods allowed in it would appear that poccington will be on back to back duties for the next 3 years or so :eek::p




  • concussion wrote: »
    Heard at work today that a circular is being drawn up re: tax on pension lump sum. Still nothing concrete but it seems to be firming up. If it does come in I see a mass exodus of those close to retirement and with no new bods allowed in it would appear that poccington will be on back to back duties for the next 3 years or so :eek::p

    With 25yrs service I'm paying close attention to this also, if they're planning a future levy on my pension I'm off into civie street.




  • I recommend to all the lovely members of the Military Forum to buy tomorrow's Irish Sun. The DF's most high profile civvy, Miss Colette McBarron will be spilling the beans on how "badly" she was treated by the big bad Army. I guarantee it shall make for some hilarious reading.

    It will also give you an insight into just how mean The Vikings really are to their troops :P




  • concussion wrote: »
    Heard at work today that a circular is being drawn up re: tax on pension lump sum. Still nothing concrete but it seems to be firming up. If it does come in I see a mass exodus of those close to retirement and with no new bods allowed in it would appear that poccington will be on back to back duties for the next 3 years or so :eek::p

    Pfft, that'll never happen... I hope :pac:




  • Irish Sun.

    That tells ya all you need to know:P

    Did anybody get it?




  • I got it.

    I've never seen so much ****e in my life. She's a liar and I for one am thankful that she's no longer in uniform.

    What a ****.


  • Advertisement


  • Regarding Miss Mcbarron, all i can do is slap my forehead, grimace and groan. She just put a bullet-sized hole in her foot. I mean, the Sun? If she cared one iota, she would have at least gone to the Star. But no, the british owned Sun, who in the same breath mentioned the rights of the Gurkas to british citizenship. Oh Colette, what have you done?




  • Poccington wrote: »
    I got it.

    I've never seen so much ****e in my life. She's a liar and I for one am thankful that she's no longer in uniform.

    What a ****.

    I take it she was on about the time she went home while on duty,then said she was sexually assaulted?That was her wasent it?




  • I take it she was on about the time she went home while on duty,then said she was sexually assaulted?That was her wasent it?

    Yeah it was her.

    No, she was just talking about how scared she was while in the Army, how mean the Army was to her, how scary it was listening to people have sex, how mean Big Army is to females... Even though Big Army is afraid to do anything wrong to females. Then there was this absolute gem, she was giving out because the uniform isn't flattering to females. Oh and of course, she said she would've won Miss Ireland if it wasn't for the Army.

    In reality, Big Army bent over backwards to accomodate and deal with McBarron. She got more rope than most and rather than do some good, she hung herself with it. It's been a long time since McBarron's main priority was soldiering, thank **** she is gone.




  • Poccington wrote: »
    Oh and of course, she said she would've won Miss Ireland if it wasn't for the Army.

    And when she got through to the final or whatever she was saying how the army was a big help to her!

    "I think being in the Army is a plus. I wouldn't be at liberty as much as other girls to speak out, which isn't a bad thing."

    Silly b***h.




  • Poccington wrote: »
    Yeah it was her.

    No, she was just talking about how scared she was while in the Army, how mean the Army was to her, how scary it was listening to people have sex, how mean Big Army is to females... Even though Big Army is afraid to do anything wrong to females. Then there was this absolute gem, she was giving out because the uniform isn't flattering to females. Oh and of course, she said she would've won Miss Ireland if it wasn't for the Army.

    In reality, Big Army bent over backwards to accomodate and deal with McBarron. She got more rope than most and rather than do some good, she hung herself with it. It's been a long time since McBarron's main priority was soldiering, thank **** she is gone.


    She was with the Vikings for a while there, we all know about them and their odd habits of Rape the Men, Slaughter the women. I Imagine that was scary:D




  • She was with the Vikings for a while there, we all know about them and their odd habits of Rape the Men, Slaughter the women. I Imagine that was scary:D

    Us Vikings are just misunderstood :pac:




  • I shared a house in limerick with a few Guards for many years. The sound of them having drunken sex upstairs while I tried to watch tv still sends a chill up the spine.

    The biggest problem with listening to others having sex is you start to wonder why you aren't doing the same... and is slowly eats away at your soul.
    Poor Collette.




  • Thats funny...really changed her tune didn't she. http://www.independent.ie/national-news/battle-for-miss-ireland-crown-army-officer-on-a-mission-to-conquer-the-beauty-world-1380634.html

    "I think being in the Army is a plus. I wouldn't be at liberty as much as other girls to speak out, which isn't a bad thing."

    For such a clever girl shes a bit of a thick really. What did she expext when she joined the Army FFS. :rolleyes:




  • iceage wrote: »
    What did she expext when she joined the Army FFS. :rolleyes:

    Uniforms sutible for a catwalk,everybody around to refrain from intercourse and for Dermot Earley to throw himself at her feet when she walked past praising the very ground she graces obviously:pac:


  • Advertisement


  • Should have quietly told her to cowboy the fcuk up. Tawt... Opps should I have said Ma'am?

    Shouldn't really take the piss should I?











    Should I??


Advertisement