Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Military Photos

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Le Yeehaa...*

*may not be true ;)

NMM

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭whupass

babybundy wrote:
    if you look back by the trusters you while see no turbulance in the grass

thing is if you look at the back you can also see the puff of air coming off the back of the plane. so i guess there are fights for and against.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

_41910026_dipeight.jpg

This is the taiwan air force dropping anti-missile flares for a display.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

whupass wrote:
    thing is if you look at the back you can also see the puff of air coming off the back of the plane. so i guess there are fights for and against.

Even when taxing on the ground the engines are running, how else would it move?

Rovi wrote:
    How do you say "YEEHAA!" in French?

That doesn't look like a french tank more like an israeli MerkavaMk1

http://www.israeli-weapons.com/weapons/vehicles/tanks/merkava/MerkavaMk1.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Fair enough, the picture was originally captioned as a 'French Panther, but I defer to your superior knowledge.

So, does anyone know how do you say: "YEEHAA!" in Hebrew?

I could be wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭whupass

Even when taxing on the ground the engines are running, how else would it move?

i know the engines are on but what i meant was there is a litle "whisp" of air coming of the back of the plane, not from the engines, but like the trail left by a plane in the air when you look up there is a long line of white after it, this is the sort if thing coming of the end of the fuselage

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

Some photos from the USS Intrepid in New York, a decommissioned carrier now a very nice museum. I will hopefully get some more up of Ellington Air force base down here in Houston. I plan on going tomorrow maybe if the weather gets better.

IM000041.jpg

IM000043.jpg

IM000051.jpg

IM000050.jpg

IM000056.jpg

IM000057.jpg

IM000055.jpg

IM000036.jpg

IM000053.jpg

IM000054.jpg

IM000058.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭babybundy

whupass wrote:
    i know the engines are on but what i meant was there is a litle "whisp" of air coming of the back of the plane, not from the engines, but like the trail left by a plane in the air when you look up there is a long line of white after it, this is the sort if thing coming of the end of the fuselage
    the angle of flight is wrong as well its too level

• Advertisement

whupass wrote:

True. But in other photos in this thread that wisp is originating from the engines and not the tail of tail, it could just be the angle we're looking at. If you think about it hes very far off centerline aswell. Like you say who knows. The lack of blur is what makes it looks fake to me. But then maybe with a very fast camera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

There are lots of good pictures here

http://www4.army.mil/yearinphotos/2005/images.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Maskhadov

I concur. Also the Israelis are always using the V (either upside down or on its side). The French would never use such a symbol.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

my father and my uncle on the set of "The Blue Max" (1966)

i've e-mailed the guy who took the photo and given him the url for this forum. he has many more photos from the movie.
    i can't remember which regiment my father and uncle were in. they were FCA, if memory serves.
    anyone here around 40 years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Good one JuleP. Blue Max was a pretty good movie, shame about the German soldiers with No4 LE's though :rolleyes:, but then I guess the Irish army was a good one to use as extras...

Picture119-rs.jpg

....because they already looked like Germans :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

LMAO. that first guy certainly does look like your typical sausage eating, beer drinking German.

they actually played both sides in that movie, but then again, there is some german ancestry with the english. :D

I suspect that they are just regular PDF during the Emergency. Look at the collar badges and buttons. The Irish Army did use German helmets. There is a well known picture of them wearing coal scuttle helmets in an old Irish History book (Leaving Cert level early 70's). I can't remember the name name but it had a green hard cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

If you're into those kind of pictures you should have a look at the following site:
    http://www.militaryphotos.net/

E.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Hagar wrote:
    I suspect that they are just regular PDF during the Emergency. Look at the collar badges and buttons. The Irish Army did use German helmets. There is a well known picture of them wearing coal scuttle helmets in an old Irish History book (Leaving Cert level early 70's). I can't remember the name name but it had a green hard cover.

Thats right Hagar, 1927 pattern helmet made by Vickers in the UK for the Irish Army, they were used up to early WW2 but were replaced with the British 'Brodie' helmet, as they looked a bit too German :p

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭armchairninja

AH-64 Apache

Dont Know Why, but I love this pic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

these are probably photo-shopped but they appeal to my strange sense of humour. Allegedly a marine squadron serving in the middle east somewhere....
    my.php?image=marines1kh3.png
    my.php?image=marines2mh0.png
    my.php?image=marines3kw7.png
    my.php?image=marines4ll5.png

And can someone tell me how to display these instead of linking them!!!??? :o

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

gatecrash wrote:

You are looking for the Direct link on ImageShack it should be the last one,copy this.Now on boards when you want that photo on a post you need to click on the Insert Image tab,its the 5th one from the right.

Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Dub13 wrote:
    You are looking for the Direct link on ImageShack it should be the last one,copy this.Now on boards when you want that photo on a post you need to click on the Insert Image tab,its the 5th one from the right.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Teagan CoolS Vane

Moi..

Haddatha, South Lebanon. 88th bn 2000-2001.

(Hill 880).

Just rushing out the door. But I've a stack load more of abandoned IDF/SLA tanks etc on my HD somewhere which I can throw up here if anyone's interested.

I'd be interested, please put up a couple.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

So would I.

This is a B&W photo of me in a SISU APC on the Israeli/Lebanon border. On post UN 6.50 We nicknamed it 'Break for the border' as it was put up right after the IDF withdrawal from Sth Lebanon.

When they withdrew the Ukrainian anti-mine teams came in with mine ploughs and literally ploughed a road right to the border, where we set up a post... Hense 'Break for the border'!!..

This is an abandoned SLA T55 MBT in outside Bint Jabail (Lebanon). It was abandoned, then stripped of parts with the IDF withdrew in March 2000.

First flight of the F-35 on Dumpalink.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

gatecrash wrote:
    these are probably photo-shopped but they appeal to my strange sense of humour. Allegedly a marine squadron serving in the middle east somewhere....
    my.php?image=marines1kh3.png
    my.php?image=marines2mh0.png
    my.php?image=marines3kw7.png
    my.php?image=marines4ll5.png

Those pictures are Genuine as the OP who took those is a regular poster on ukar.co.uk and said they are Genuine.

Advertisement