Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Back to quartz - don't know if this or my el Primero is my favourite.

475487.jpg

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

Happy Bank holiday weekend. A naughty bottle of stout before heading home.

63CFBAA6-7C19-443A-B796-BF8EE3F54A16_zpspp4cltj0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

I would have titled it 'Time for a Guinness' 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 19,672 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

DSOTM pitch black today on the brown strap from the vintage black

mZ4vSiv.jpg

npnCzQm.jpg

TukaMBd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Cracking watch Cyrus, not gone on the brown strap myself

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,457 ✭✭✭micks_address

Cyrus wrote: »
    DSOTM pitch black today on the brown strap from the vintage black

*SNIP* it's in the title.

Beautiful watch....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

475807.jpg

First time to wear this since coming back from the holliers.

(Feeling a little cheap and tacky now having posted after the gorgeous Omega above).

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

I need to put new batteries in all my quartz watches so I can post new pictures here again haha

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    I need to put new batteries in all my quartz watches so I can post new pictures here again haha

or just take pictures of them at the right time of the day when they happen to be correct

• Registered Users Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Eoin wrote: »
    Blanchy90 wrote: »

or just take pictures of them at the right time of the day when they happen to be correct

Well, we're not talking videos here. A picture of a watch stopped is the same as a picture of a watch moving!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Birneybau wrote: »
    Well, we're not talking videos here. A picture of a watch stopped is the same as a picture of a watch moving!

Unless they're LCD only :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Birneybau wrote: »

Unless they're LCD only :D

Aye, didn't think of that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Picked up a new watch today from the post office. I know there will be haters of this but I like it and I know what it is and isn’t :)

The watch is a Parnis GMT and is based closely on a certain Rolex. I bought a sterile model which I’m sure gets sold on to unscrupulous forgery experts who add extra decals etc.

475877.jpeg

Initial thoughts are that it’s a well put together watch made from some good quality materials, the bracelet is solid with solid end links, it also has a decent clasp with a ratchet adjustment system. The watch is made from stainless steel with a ceramic bezel and sapphire crystal. I’m not sure about the movement as I’ve not opened it yet but in general Parnis use Seagull movements which I find tend to have noisy rotors but keep decent time.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,775 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Rolex Batman "homage" for less than 1% of the price. What's not to like :p

Have you a link to where you bought it from? Is it waterproof at all according to the specs?

unkel wrote: »
    Rolex Batman "homage" for less than 1% of the price. What's not to like :p

Have you a link to where you bought it from? Is it waterproof at all according to the specs?

Sent you a PM with a link to where I got it. Not sure about waterproof specs? I’d imagine it will have some degree but I wouldn’t be going diving with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Yer granny's table cloth is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭893bet

, it also has a decent clasp with a ratchet adjustment system.

It’s even better than the real thing!

****ing Rolex with their 10k watches with no micro adjustment.

893bet wrote: »
    It’s even better than the real thing!

****ing Rolex with their 10k watches with no micro adjustment.

Maybe at some stage I can transfer it to a real one :) Havng this on my wrist has made my mind up on getting a real one. The color scheme, I wasn’t sure of and I was torn between getting a Sub or a Batman and having worn a Seiko 5 Sub style watch, this one has my mind made up.

Now just to find one for a reasonable price that doesn’t involve waiting a few years and giving away the naming rights to my next child.. Somehow, I’m thinking the Panerai I also want will come easier and before the Batman....

I wasn’t sure about showing this here as I know that real watch nerds won’t like this as it is a blatant homage bordering on copy of a fantastic timepiece. Unfortunately it everyone can afford a real one but in my opinion it shouldn’t stop them being able to enjoy the styling it brings. Personally I hope to get my hands on either a Batman or a Pan before the end of the year now that I’m happy with how they look.

Sent you a PM with a link to where I got it. Not sure about waterproof specs? I’d imagine it will have some degree but I wouldn’t be going diving with it.

Could I get that PM too?

• Registered Users Posts: 64,775 ✭✭✭✭unkel

According to the link it's 3atm water proof. Afaik that means it's ok to wear outdoors in the rain, but I would not shower with it on or go swimming with it. Never mind diving :p

• Advertisement

1798218.jpeg

This is inbound.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,457 ✭✭✭micks_address

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

Picked up a new watch today from the post office. I know there will be haters of this but I like it and I know what it is and isn’t :)

The watch is a Parnis GMT and is based closely on a certain Rolex. I bought a sterile model which I’m sure gets sold on to unscrupulous forgery experts who add extra decals

Initial thoughts are that it’s a well put together watch made from some good quality materials, the bracelet is solid with solid end links, it also has a decent clasp with a ratchet adjustment system. The watch is made from stainless steel with a ceramic bezel and sapphire crystal. I’m not sure about the movement as I’ve not opened it yet but in general Parnis use Seagull movements which I find tend to have noisy rotors but keep decent time.

How much to one of them pieces cost? 40mm with an Japanese auto movement and glide lock?

IMG-20190320-153921-382.jpg

My smallest Seiko 5 37mm and my biggest Seiko Sumo 45mm both on Barton elite Silicone straps.

The straps are a revelation on the Sumo, just makes it so much nicer to wear and it looks nicer too (sporty diver) I'm liking the ones I ordered as they have a Black top and a coloured bottom red/green.

20190320-090736.jpg

20190320-090424.jpg

20190320-090735.jpg

IMG-20190320-101130-424.jpg

2shea wrote: »
    How much to one of them pieces cost? 40mm with an Japanese auto movement and glide lock?

About €70 all in.

About €70 all in.

That's not to bad. What movement does it use and where can you buy them? Great beater watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Picked this up on Ebay for 30 quid, new but the original black silicone strap had a scratch. Replaced it with a nato - nice cheap addition to the collection.

475945.jpg

2shea wrote: »
    That's not to bad. What movement does it use and where can you buy them? Great beater watch!

Picked it up on AliExpress. Mods, please delete if not allowed.

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bEWVBcTW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

Thats some selection, they have a Tudor under the brand Courget lol.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement