Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VU DUO2

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

VUDuo2 wrote: »
    I’m looking for a “child” friendly Android TV box (Ethernet connectivity ) that will run the VU+ PlayerHD, would either of the above boxes work or is there something similar that would ??.

It might be more child friendly to get another low'ish spec enigma box. I have used the VU+ Zero and Edision OS Mini and a plugin called Remote Channel Stream Convertor. Connect the box to the home network and setup the plugin. You can add all (or some) bouquets from the Duo2, you can setup the box with same image / skin, you can access recordings on the Duo2.

Basically you get full functionality with same user experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭VUDuo2

My brother has a Broadband & TV package & he has shared his online account details with me.

If I go onto the Internet (on a PC) in my home, I can watch all TV channels in his subscription
    Also, I can chromecast the channels from my PC to my TV but I'm wondering is it possible to connect my VU+DUO2 to his Internet channel subscription and be able to watch them on my TV ??

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭The Dark Knight

Hi, can anyone recommend (or provide) a good image for the Duo 2 that combines Saorview and UK FTA Satellite channels into single EPG?
    I have a dual DVB-S tuner and using a PlayStation Play tuner for DVB-T.
    Thank you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

Hi, can anyone recommend (or provide) a good image for the Duo 2 that combines Saorview and UK FTA Satellite channels into single EPG?
    Thank you!

latest Vix does that if im correct

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭ocy

My 8year old vu duo is not doing so well, crashing constantly and choppy playing of recordings.

Hard drive appears to be ok. We replaced a capacitor a year or so ago and worked on for a while.

So have decided to splash the cash and buy a replacement . Is the vu duo2 the best replacement.

Ideally want minimum 2 satellite tuners ability to watch/record 2 or more terrestial channels (2 satellite transponders) variable speed play.

Any help appreciated. Where is best to buy from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

to be honest duo2 seem to be the best choice as there is alot of support for it (tons of images, plugins etc.) and youll decide to go for it, try:
    http://www.satworld.ie/vu-duo2-linux-satellite-receiver.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,556 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I've Duo and Duo 2 both still going strong and very little hassle with them over the years.

Maybe check out the thread by newclareman on the satellite forum about the set up and box he has posted about.
    Looks a good set up and relatively cheap.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057925678

Thank you!

Hi, just checking in again on above request.
    Thank you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭cargen

Hi, just checking in again on above request.
    Thank you!

Openvix with autobouquet maker plugin should do it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

Hi All, a few years ago I was looking at getting a Vu Duo box. In the end, I upgraded to Sky Q.
    What is the best box on the market.
    I'd have two satellite feeds, 1 Saorview feed and I'd add a HDD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

batman2000 wrote: »
    Hi All, a few years ago I was looking at getting a Vu Duo box. In the end, I upgraded to Sky Q.
    What is the best box on the market.
    I'd have two satellite feeds, 1 Saorview feed and I'd add a HDD.

I can recommend the Vu+ Duo2 receiver. It is dearer than some other receivers but it is a very reliable box. The physical appearance of the box was a consideration for me and the Duo2 is a good looking box.

As you have Sky Q you will need to check what type of LNB is at the end of your dish. If it has 2 outputs it may need to be changed as it is an FBC (full band capture) LNB which won't work with most receivers. If the existing LNB has 6 outputs you will not need to change as that is a hybrid LNB and will work as is.

cargen wrote: »
    Openvix with autobouquet maker plugin should do it

Thank you!
    Have you any links for the above?

Advertisement