Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News part 4 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Before you know it, you'll be fighting one of the Paul brothers :pac:

Theyre taking everything i worked for!! :D **** id happily get clowned by one of them for half a mil lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,523 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Ariel Helwani is joining BT Sport. UFC, boxing and WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Does anyone know what the situation is between Ian Garry and Team KF? Apparently they have parted ways (according to rumours) and Chris Fields won't be in Ian's corner fighting for the Cage Warriors title this weekend.

I think Ian is living over in the UK now since he hooked up with Layla Anna Lee so I presume he has just had to move gym for that purpose anyway??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the situation is between Ian Garry and Team KF? Apparently they have parted ways (according to rumours) and Chris Fields won't be in Ian's corner fighting for the Cage Warriors title this weekend.

I think Ian is living over in the UK now since he hooked up with Layla Anna Lee so I presume he has just had to move gym for that purpose anyway??

That was a very strange piece with Sean Sheehan. I only saw the clip of that piece but seems very odd

• Registered Users Posts: 39,092 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Whelo79 wrote: »

Was that her interrupting interview?
    It’s seemed a bit odd alright

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwomW5Aovlc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Mellor wrote: »
    Was that her interrupting interview?
    It’s seemed a bit odd alright

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwomW5Aovlc

Just watched this.......... she interrupted the interview. That's just so weird!

Definitely something going on!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭PatrickDoherty

Very talented kid, they seemed very close him and Chris so im surprised they've fallen out before hes even hit the big time.. woman or money is my guess here like most problems in life...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,555 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Very talented kid, they seemed very close him and Chris so im surprised they've fallen out before hes even hit the big time.. woman or money is my guess here like most problems in life...

I know people who know him & i get the impression its not because of money ,

Life can be tough for a young lad with so much expectations ,
    His missus works for BT & is 12/13 older than him ,she was married & had a kid all in the past 5 years, Now there's nothing wrong with that at all & i would never judge anyone's relationship but it could bring a lot of extra things into a young athletes life or it could help settle him , Who's to know

He's a really nice chap & i hope he does as well as he possible can ,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Very strange interview, she had a post up on her Instagram saying he was singing to the media.

He's put up an Instagram post saying 10 dyas out Team KF decided not to support him so he's no longer a part of the team,.

One comment on Twitter thatz he's been Megan Markled whatever that means

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

He's put up an Instagram post saying 10 dyas out Team KF decided not to support him so he's no longer a part of the team,.

One comment on Twitter thatz he's been Megan Markled whatever that means

Just seen it now yeah.

Alot more to it than that I'd imagine. Wish him luck the weekend either way.

ASOT wrote: »
    Just seen it now yeah.

Alot more to it than that I'd imagine. Wish him luck the weekend either way.

Ye as i said seems like a really nice bloke and hope he goes and puts on a stunning performance

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭PatrickDoherty

If hes living in England its probably a case of him training elsewhere and the guys in KF arent going to go along with that, cant blame them really.

If hes living in England its probably a case of him training elsewhere and the guys in KF arent going to go along with that, cant blame them really.

Wonder what camp he will go to

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭selassie

Maybe he'd expect to get the James Webb treatment, didn't he move back to and train in England towards the end of his (ongoing) career but was still cornered by KF.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Lol, Sage Northcutt has been enjoying the Mexican supplements since leaving the UFC...

556771.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Sage NorthcuTRT

Mad how he's been starched so badly in my memory.

Seen the YouTube video of Garry now is it just me or is it a bit weird & embarrassing for a fighters missus to be interrupting to make sure he what he says is ok,
    The hand on the shoulder & the way she did it was very telling whos the boss

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

She's an experienced presenter and social media type giving him a bit of quick advice. I think she just has his best interests at heart and didn't see a problem with it.

Would be petty from them if that is the case imo. People travel all the time for the sport. But would really depend on the schedule.

Or prehaps where he was planning on training.

Must be more to it. Chris was supporting him on social media and talking about being in the corner.
    Seen the YouTube video of Garry now is it just me or is it a bit weird & embarrassing for a fighters missus to be interrupting to make sure he what he says is ok,
    The hand on the shoulder & the way she did it was very telling whos the boss

She's pretty experience with the media. She'll almost be in a PR role for hm.
    Could have been a bit more covert though.

• Advertisement

Khamzat has declined a fight with Rockhold saying he's staying at 170.
    It's the right decision, but makes he look a fools after the "I'll fight anyone at 170 or 185" "I want 170 and then 185 the next week" etc nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,642 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Has he recovered from his battle with long covid yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

It's the right decision, but makes he look a fools after the "I'll fight anyone at 170 or 185" "I want 170 and then 185 the next week" etc nonsense.

Tbh, given the state Rockhold is in, that seems like the sort of fight you'd expect him to take and get a handy enough win against a big name. Can't see Rockhold ever winning a big fight again.

Just seen the weigh in for Cage warriors looked like Garry was on his own ?
    Didn't see anyone there with him & even after he weighed in back down to a seat on his own to re-hydrate ,

Surely he has someone to corner him ? Would you be aloud to fight without someone in the corner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Just seen the weigh in for Cage warriors looked like Garry was on his own ?
    Didn't see anyone there with him & even after he weighed in back down to a seat on his own to re-hydrate ,

Surely he has someone to corner him ? Would you be aloud to fight without someone in the corner

Hes going full mike Perry. Have they not bought an apartment in Dublin? She posted home and Irish shamrock a while back. Maybe she's unhappy and wants to go back to the UK?

but1er wrote: »
    Hes going full mike Perry. Have they not bought an apartment in Dublin? She posted home and Irish shamrock a while back. Maybe she's unhappy and wants to go back to the UK?

Honestly iv no idea where they are living ,
    I only guessed it was the UK because she have a young son in the UK but who knows ,

I just hope the lad reaches his potential pivotal moment in his tomorrow night i hope it goes well ,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Chimaev is a muppet. Beats up 2 cans back to back and starts talking like hes a world champion. Like a dagestani James Gallagher.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ElBastardo1

Honestly iv no idea where they are living ,
    I only guessed it was the UK because she have a young son in the UK but who knows ,

I just hope the lad reaches his potential pivotal moment in his tomorrow night i hope it goes well ,

It seems to me like the Tommy Gunn story in Rocky. Garry claimed it was the team doing all the talking and he'd say nothing until after the fight and then released a statement claiming it was over and he had to get out his side as Team KF were doing all the talking. Has anyone seen King or Fields say anything? I haven't and they are exceptionally quiet of social media. They are the biggest losers out of all this. Garry may go on to have a great career but the two lads who helped him get to where he is are gonzo. They never got the UFC money as a gym like Sence Kavanagh's SBG did.

It seems to me like the Tommy Gunn story in Rocky. Garry claimed it was the team doing all the talking and he'd say nothing until after the fight and then released a statement claiming it was over and he had to get out his side as Team KF were doing all the talking. Has anyone seen King or Fields say anything? I haven't and they are exceptionally quiet of social media. They are the biggest losers out of all this. Garry may go on to have a great career but the two lads who helped him get to where he is are gonzo. They never got the UFC money as a gym like Sence Kavanagh's SBG did.

ILook guys always move camps and things happen but its strange it happened 10 days out and at such a pivotal time for him,

Garry & "the team" are on the verge of the big time , seems very strange that a middle ground could not be found seen as you mentioned there is a lot to lose on both sides,

Garry most important fight that could set him up for life
    The lads getting that UFC recognition for the gym that could also set them up for life,
    That's without even going into the fact Garry been there from day one & always seemed to have a reat relationship with them ,

Just seems a shame for all involved

• Advertisement

They never got the UFC money as a gym like Sence Kavanagh's SBG did.
    They’re a relatively young gym. Haven’t had anyone get to that level until Garry. That’s pretty normal. In fact, never getting to the UFC is normal.
    A bit unfair to bemoan Kavanagh’s success. He did the yards in the little leagues for years too.

Whats “Sence”? Somebody posted that the other day and I thought it was a typo. But there it is again.

Advertisement