Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General MMA Chat/News part 4 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

Jake Paul really went to town on Dana and Mcgregor in his latest YouTube music video.

Can't post it but check it out. Very funny but more importantly all he says in it is actually true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Anyone looking to pick up tickets for UFC London in March later in the week? Is it worth getting fight club or is the newsletter pre-sale usually safe enough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Gustafsson back in at Heavyweight against Ben Rothwell in May. Don't like that fight for him but hope he's back to good form.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 UISRMELE

Did anyone get tickets for the event in London?

Found it very difficult to get 4 tickets sitting together through ticketmaster so I ended up cutting my losses and will be sitting in the nosebleeds for an outrageous price.

With a few things going on I never got a chance to sort out Fight club subscription. Will be trying tomorrow morning on the newsletter pre-sale. What price were the nosebleed seats?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 UISRMELE

The cheapest nosebleed ticket at the moment is sitting at £302.75.

I have little experience with purchasing tickets for UFC events nor purchasing tickets with ticketmaster, but surely the price would have to come down for newsletter pre-sale and the general sale right? Or is the demand just so high at the moment that it warrants these outrageous prices?

I should mention that at the start of the pre-sale, an average nosebleed ticket was between £95-£125. Maybe these prices will be seen again tomorrow morning?

I'm guessing that they release a very limited number of cheap tickets to both the fight club pre-sale and the newsletter presale that get snapped up immediately. I'm going to try tomorrow morning, but I won't be paying £300 per ticket.

I wonder when the newsletter pre-sale code goes out.

No joy here this morning - go through once on AXS, but 400 for quid a ticket. Was in both queues immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Shocking process. Didn't even get the option to buy any. Why is it 400 for the cheapest tickets? Is it because they are limited seats or was it scalpers already reselling them?

I got through on AXS a few times for 400 quid tickets but released them. Got through then once for a pair of £125 each tickets and went to buy them immediately - got through personal details and shipping details and when I got to billing details, the county I'm from wasn't in the dropdown list and it wouldn't let me proceed as it didn't match my shipping details (which had all of the counties). No back button then either, so after painfully watching the clock count down I tried to hit back on the browser and kicked me out entirely. Very annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

£300 for nosebleeds???

Feckers are bogging their arm in because its been so long.

I sat front flippin row in Cologne for UFC 99 for about €350.

No joy again this morning. That's a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Porthallian

It would be easier to get a golden ticket for Willy Wonkas chocolate factory than anything on Ticketmaster. Bots and scammers hoovering all the tickets up. Shambles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

Been to 15 UFC events never seen a sale as bad as UFC LONDON this week. 8 tickets per person the touts are laughing at us.

No tickets available yesterday or today so they let nearly the whole allocation go in the fight club presale or somewhere else?

Resale and "platinum" getting ridiculous at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

This is the first European event in years that I haven't been looking for tickets for.

25+ events and I've never failed to get tickets but this might have been the one to break me by the sound of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

The roof of the O2 in London has been severely damaged by the storm today. Difficult to see how the UFC event goes ahead there next month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,612 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Mendes looking swole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,494 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Cain Velasquez arrested for attempted murder, a shooting:

That’s really disappointing to read, a bit shocked to see him involved in something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

I've seen reports that he shot a person believed to have abused his child, not sure how true that is though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,036 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

He shot at him but missed and hit someone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,905 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Jesus, imagine if he was trying to kill his child abuser and jailed for shooting someone else, what a crazy situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,162 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I assume this card will be a mess when it kicks off as already the Wood fight is off as his opponent is fighting Vlad, but they actually did put together a really good card..shame about vlad going all dictator.

Its Usman next for the title I assume if Khamzat wins handily, no other fight makes sense really.

https://twitter.com/BigMarcel24/status/1499477586153545734?cxt=HHwWjIC99fC6m88pAAAA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,284 ✭✭✭✭rob316

What are the UFC doing making Masvidal one of the top paid fighters? He's 37, a journeyman, isn't going to be a title contender. He's got the same thing going for him as Diaz, he's tough and sort of gangster, his thrash talk consists of calling people a bitch, that's really it. Maybe he could fight McGregor? That would sell, perfect match stylistically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,814 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Its crazy,

He gets his ass handed to him by any of the top 5 ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,961 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Leon Edwards is on a nine fight win streak since losing to Usman in 2015. He has to get a shot at Usman now.

• Advertisement

Dana doesn't want him getting knocked out by Jake so giving him good money to stay in the UFC.

His best days are behind him, but lets not say he is totally goosed, losing three times to Colby and Usman isn't a disgrace, he has still a few money fights left. He could fight Robbie any Diaz and while I don't see it ever been made, the biggest fight the UFC could do is him v Conor.

Heck their would be interest in him v Luque/Edwards and obviously Chimaev.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Velasquez looking at 20 years in jail if convicted.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭US3

Really looking forward to Ufc London this weekend. I notice Tom aspinall is 14/1 to win by submission. Seems crazy good odds to me ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Ferguson Chandler for UFC 274 should be a great fight.

• Advertisement

The card desperately needed that, but its still very weak for me.

Chatter about Rose v Esparaza and O Malley fighting on the card which hopefully happens.

Odd that Dana has not been able to make Nate v Dustin also, seems like both men are down and would add star power to any PPV.

I can't see it being a good fight. 30-27 or a finish for chandler, horrible match up for Tony

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭Homelander

I'm looking forward to it a lot.

Olivera v Gaethje, Chandler v Tony, Rose v Carla, Cowboy v Lauzon are all solid fights from an entertainment POV even if the odds aren't very good for many of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,036 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Cowboy billed suspiciously high on the card for a PPV and for someone whos lost 9 of his last 14 fights in 5 years. A nice "thank you" from Dana in his last fight?

Was originally supposed to be a fight night but was moved.

He had 25 mins in a cage to batter him only a few weeks ago ffs

Obviously don't wish harm on anyone but this is always likely to happen to Colby. Its a really macho sport so speaking non stop trash about people's family and kids , someone will catch up with you outside the cage.

https://twitter.com/espnmma/status/1506345823055007748

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭xtal191

No fan of Colby but Masvidal is a complete scumbag, running from behind and sucker punching someone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Thing is he never spoke about Masvidal's kids. He said Masvidal was a deadbeat dad.

Masvidal had a bruised ego after being 50-44'd in their fight so he decided to sneak up on Covington, wearing a mask to sucker punch him a couple of times. In order to try and gain the moral high ground he claimed to have done this the "speaking about my kids" excuse because it sounds more honourable than the real reason. He's got history of sneaky attacks like this - It is not honourable but MMA Twitter is full of idiots who are buying it just because an unlikeable figure is at the other end of it this time.

Masvidal is a Bi*ch ,

He is what 38 years old & going around sucker punching people, He had 25 minutes in a cage & couldn't do anything, take your loss & man the f*ck up, your not a gangster & if your are that even more embarrassing sort you life out,

He's sounds like a baby , the same bloke talked all kinds of **** about Ben's family ,

Oh yeah just to clarify definitely not defending the bloke as clearly a twit.

From what I can gather, he found out where he was partying through social media, then got masked up and then suckered punched him with his mates and ran off,,,,,what a tool.

• Advertisement

Masvidal likes to bang on about 'street code' but he's the ultimate pussy. A bang average MMA fighter that got some fame from a 1 in 100 knee against Askren. Never has a fighter got so far with such little talent.

He smacked Colby with three or four sucker punches and Colby was still standing.

There's only one gangster in MMA and that's The Bad Guy.

McGregor knows exactly what he's doing.

Pereira getting fast tracked it seems, suppose that makes sense as he 34.

Interesting fight nonetheless as whoever wins probably fights Izzy as he has beaten everyone in that division.

https://twitter.com/MMAJunkie/status/1507791318872961025

Stickland is the favourite? Will definitely lump on Pereria

Their was criticism online from people who thought Pereira would blast out Silva his last opponent. Silva is not exactly peak Jon Jones but he had won his previous 7 fights and is very tough so Alex not getting it done before it went to the cards for me is nothing to worry about.

On Strickland I think he is pretty good myself, although he isn't the most exciting to watch.

Silva also won his last 7 by KO or TKO ,

The Pereira v Izzy is a beautiful story line & something the UFC needs right now , They are running out of big story's at the moment for the fights & its those big stories that make them the most money ,

Anyone know why fighters don't miss weight anymore. Seems to be ages since a fight was cancelled. Also I can't think of anyone that's popping with USADA anymore either, TJ being the last high profile one almost 3 years ago. Are the ufc covering it all up ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Quick look in feb 2022 and see fighter missed weight. It still happens but not usually that much.

The UFC 271 early weigh ins took place on Friday morning from the host hotel in Houston, Texas, and it was not without its share of drama. William Knight missed weight by 12 pounds for his short-notice fight against Maxim Grishin, forcing the commission to bump their 205-pound showdown to the heavyweight division.

Same card: Elsewhere on the card, the flyweight bout between Alex Perez and Matt Schnell was canceled after Perez missed weight by two pounds. 

This month missed weight https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/UFC-273-Weighin-Results-Title-Bouts-Set-2-Fighters-Miss-Weight-185855

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,612 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

There's been over 60 fighters that popped with USADA since TJ.

OSP, Jessica Penne, Gilbert Melendez, Sean O Malley, Agusto Mendes, Paulo Costa, etc. Most guys who pop are unknow new signings.

List here, type "mixed" into the filter

https://www.usada.org/news/sanctions/

• Advertisement

LOL

Canelo doesn't need this fight at all, and it would be a murder if it happens.

If Usman is so desperate for a pay day then try and make the McGregor fight happen ffs.

https://twitter.com/Canelo/status/1519089946031656960?cxt=HHwWgMCs8byQ8pQqAAAA

Advertisement