Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 261 - Apr 24th - 3 Title Fights

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

empacher wrote: »
    Great knockout, DC let out a mad cackle during the reply at her being out cold, shouldn't really laugh at that.

DC needs to go. Such a tit

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Nah she ......was defending herself.

No she wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Masvidal flying knee replay in 10 seconds would really top off the madness of this card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Batattackrat

I'm trying to understand how these lads make weight.

I'm 6 ft and 161 pounds and scrawny as ****.

Mon Masvidal.
    Interesting round.

• Advertisement

Suppose first round goes for Usman. Close enough though and he did **** all on the ground. Takedown probably outweighs getting up and a couple of strikes though.

I'm trying to understand how these lads make weight.

I'm 6 ft and 161 pounds and scrawny as ****.

Shows how fat most people are. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Batattackrat

Shows how fat most people are. :pac:

Nah I'm as skinny as they come

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Clean as a whistle. Stunning KO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭hawaii501

What a KO by Usman. Have some of that Masvidal!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

What a punch.

Damnnnnnn

He is a beast.

3/3 in 2 bets so far.
    Split for the main event, Usman by points or Masvidal KO/TKO.
    Cashing out is for bitches. :pac:

Sucks to be this guy. :pac:

Early stoppage!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Pound for pound greatest male fighter right now and maybe ever.

2 wins for Usman so there'll not be a third fight but I thought Masvidal was getting some joy with the leg kicks. Usman looked to be twitchy about it. Might've given the impetus to just go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

What a ko

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Street Jesus got baptised.

Khabib v Usman.

Book it for all the monies.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Early stoppage!

He was just taking those punches trying to tire Usman out.

• Advertisement

KOs, submissions, freak accidents and in bed by 5:30am. Great night of fights :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Only saw the main event. The absolute myth that has grown up the last few years about Masvidal being some sort of elite striker completely exposed for the nonsense it is all over again.

Usman had landed the big right a couple of times and Masvidal was able to shake it off, seemed to be over egging it for much it didn't bother him.

Colby outside must be raging.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Would love to see a proper striker like Wonderboy against Usman

Colby outside must be raging.

Surely he's next? It's the only fight I really wanna see in the 170 mix

KOs, submissions, freak accidents and in bed by 5:30am. Great night of fights :pac:

Only 20:56 fighting total on the main card over 2 hours and 20 minutes. Didn't drag at all though, hopefully however they moved things along tonight is the new normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭The DayDream

Herb was awful slow at getting that stopped that KO was a lot more clear than rose's and he let him hammer him 6 more times.

One of the most dramatic UFCs in recent memory, was worth staying up for even if Rose's kick cost me an acca would have paid 250. Should not have went against her anyway big fan of hers but didn't think she would win tonight.

The Asian fighters were mostly shíte and Zhang and that Gen Z showboater both had awful attitudes.

Now to go to sleep and have nightmares about legs flying and flaying every which way

Only 20:56 fighting total on the main card over 2 hours and 20 minutes. Didn't drag at all though, hopefully however they moved things along tonight is the new normal.

Normally a few early finishes are a curse. You get stuck watching the same promos over and over again and start feeling tired quick with all the downtime. They really need to stick to moving things along.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Now that I’ve seen an event with a full crowd again after what seems like a decade, I’d find it very hard to go back to watching an empty arena.

It’s always a brilliant sport, but the roars of the crowd tonight just reminded me of what was so badly missed in the last 13 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Surely he's next? It's the only fight I really wanna see in the 170 mix

Presume so, but I meant as in sense that I give him no chance against Usman. I imagine he'd have loved a freak Masvidal win and then he could lie on him for five rounds when it's his turn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

hawaii501 wrote:
    Would love to see a proper striker like Wonderboy against Usman

You see Usman is the complete fighter, he can knock you out, stick you against the cage, take you down, dominate you, and ground and pound or submit you.
    Being proficient in one area of MMA isn't enough against Usman.

Advertisement