Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney+

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

All up and running......nothing watched yet :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Successfully up and running on firestick and android. Will try samsung tv in a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭pah

I'd anyone else getting an error in the Google play store subbing the app isn't available in your location?

Yes, until I remembered my VPN was running and connected to a Spanish server :p

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭nialldinho

paulboland wrote: »
    Disney+ App now active on Sky Q

App is listed in Apps section

Strange. I can see it on my main sky q box but not the mini. Both show the same software versions

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭stayback

The LG tv is 2015 so can’t get the app on the tv have Netflix app but not Disney plus. What are my best options now. Ease of use etc . Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

stayback wrote:
    The LG tv is 2015 so can’t get the app on the tv have Netflix app but not Disney plus. What are my best options now. Ease of use etc . Thanks

Firestick but I see that they have gone back to full price. Around 60 euro or so

• Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Firestick but I see that they have gone back to full price. Around 60 euro or so

I know this is annoying but what’s involved in doing it this way? My jvc tv doesn’t have it so I think fire stick might be my best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

The DisneyLife app had a message that is was “becoming DisneyPlus” so I assumed this to mean that Disney would swapped the subscription.

Yesterday I got charged for DisneyLife.

So am I wrong? Were we supposed to cancel the subscription ourselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,619 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Nalz wrote: »
    Thanks but icon appears fine on Netflix YouTube etc

An Icon is not indictive of the quality. 2 things

1- they have said they are cutting the bandwidth by 25% or more.
    2- you dont activate your UX team to change the icons based on item 1 its too much work.

Whatever about previous US tests before the crisis, id be surprised if its more than 1080P and yes thats a very good quality most people wont notice the difference because of the vibrant colours in disney content.

It will look great regardless. And people tend to only see the difference in 4K stuff if they have two of the same panels side by side with different qualities on it.

Sleeper12 wrote: »

Is curry’s the only you can get a fire stick .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,688 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Does anyone know if this has showed up on a Now TV Stick yet?
    My mum has one but I need to know it's there before trying to explain adding it over the phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

listermint wrote: »
    An Icon is not indictive of the quality. 2 things

1- they have said they are cutting the bandwidth by 25% or more.
    2- you dont activate your UX team to change the icons based on item 1 its too much work.

Whatever about previous US tests before the crisis, id be surprised if its more than 1080P and yes thats a very good quality most people wont notice the difference because of the vibrant colours in disney content.

It will look great regardless. And people tend to only see the difference in 4K stuff if they have two of the same panels side by side with different qualities on it.

He's saying he has no cast icon at all. As in he can't cast in any quality whatsoever. Zero quality. Because he can't cast! Same as myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

stayback wrote:
    Is curry’s the only you can get a fire stick .

Amazon but they are 50 sterling and you need parcel motel. These sticks were almost half price on amazon a couple of weeks ago

Are you guys getting HD ?

My connection is okay and Netflix & Prime Video are fine but I’m getting DisneyPlus at DVD quality.

I know Disney said they’d be reducing quality but I thought the meant dropping the 4K.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Seems there maybe issues with geo location. Was fine on my home broadband this morning, but when I went to check something while on mobile data it tells me it's only available in certain locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I notice VPN and DNS services affect it had Germany set on in my VPN and it said not available in some geo locations but was fine once I turned it off.
    Also I was getting a lot of buffering on my LG tv, which I have Getflix installed so had to change DNS back to standard and it worked fine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭JJJackal

Mine wont load on tv at all

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

Anyone else having problems on the firestick, app won't launch when I try to use it. Thought it might be blocked cause Amazon have prime.. any ideas..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭facehugger99

stayback wrote: »

What year does your LG tv need to be to get the app?

I have it on my Samsung TV no problem but can't see it for download on the LG tv in the spare room.

I have it on my Samsung TV no problem but can't see it for download on the LG tv in the spare room.

I was told it has to be 2016 or later

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Downloaded it on the a 2016 Sony Android TV. Works great

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

No luck getting the app on my dumb "smart" TV, thankfully Chromecast is perfect for situations like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Murple

salmocab wrote: »
    I know this is annoying but what’s involved in doing it this way? My jvc tv doesn’t have it so I think fire stick might be my best option.

Is this JVC TVs in general? I bought a new one in the last few weeks and disappointed that I can't get the Disney+ app today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Is there a play store on the Samsung tv to get the app or how do you install it?

Murple wrote: »
    Is this JVC TVs in general? I bought a new one in the last few weeks and disappointed that I can't get the Disney+ app today.

It’s difficult to find real information but apparently some use Roku which supports it, I’m annoyed as it was only yesterday morning it even occurred to me that it might not work. It’s flying along on my Android tablet but with the current carry on the wife was keen for it to be in the telly for the kids to sit down and hopefully shut up.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Hideki99235

Does anyone know if Disney PLus is like Netflix where you can use it on as many devices as you like, but limits you to the number you can use at the same time? i.e. I can log in from anywhere on any device as long as 3 or less others are watching at the same time. Thanks :D

Does anyone know if Disney PLus is like Netflix where you can use it on as many devices as you like, but limits you to the number you can use at the same time? i.e. I can log in from anywhere on any device as long as 3 or less others are watching at the same time. Thanks :D

9 devices 4 at a time I think.
    Might be7 devices

4 devices at once and an account can have seven profiles

salmocab wrote: »
    9 devices 4 at a time I think.

Is it a simple matter of just signing in on a new device or do you have to log out of another?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

PTH2009 wrote: »
    How come family guy is not on it ???

Do fox have there own on demand service

Same reason we've got all the Fox Xmen stuff except Logan & Deadpool, there's nothing above a PG-13/12+

Advertisement