Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X -Music

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Sorry for not getting back to ya i replied to your PM just there mate,were doing the opening as the guitar player in our cover band is involved with the shop as he used to work for one of he new owners and they asked him to get us on board and as hes currently standing in with the bon jovi band until we get a new sambora it was a double whammy,were don both days at 4.30 til 5 see ya there man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Razcro

Whats the address? Its not on their website.

I havent beenover yet myself so not exactly sure of where it is but the address on their myspace is "Unit 1+2 Red Cow Retail Centre, Dublin, Dublin 22"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

It's just around behind the Red Cow .... easily found

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Any word on the nature of the supposed "prizes" / "freebies"?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    It's just around behind the Red Cow .... easily found

is it near where you get off at the luas at the red cow?, cause if i go i will be getting the luas out to it.

is it near where you get off at the luas at the red cow?, cause if i go i will be getting the luas out to it.

Yes I believe that's the case.

If you turn left after the Cow (coming from town direction) and take the first turn left again ( so behind the Cow) you're there.

That's how I recall it anyway.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yes I believe that's the case.

If you turn left after the Cow (coming from town direction) and take the first turn left again ( so behind the Cow) you're there.

That's how I recall it anyway.

cool cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mattfender

You're starting working there on Thursday and you've not seen the place ?Wierd....

Opening this weekend anyway then ?

Didnt have interview there!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭tweeky

At the launch this thurs eve, Great setup loads (ie. hundreds) of gtrs/drums/keys and space!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭bibi-phoque

Is it open already? I thought the shop was opening this saturday lunch...

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭GobBass

Yeah,I wanna know if it's open as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

GobBass wrote: »
    Yeah,I wanna know if it's open as well.

http://www.xmusic.ie/

Open the 11th....tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭GobBass

Grr.....I want it now.....*tantrum building,patience dropping*:mad::mad:

A Price List at least would be nice.

:D:D

Same here! my TD6-KX needs a few upgrade :-)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

chin_grin wrote: »
    http://www.xmusic.ie/

Open the 11th....tomorrow.

The drum room is fecking savage :D Should have taken a couple photos of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

feylya wrote: »
    The drum room is fecking savage :D Should have taken a couple photos of it

...............and why didn't you? ¬_¬ You tease you!

Cos I was too drunk on their free beer and tasty free pizza :D

Well, I'm back from there, not a bad setup. Free hotdog and free energy drinks today!
    I don't think there were ready for opening though, no prices anywhere, electronic drums not plugged, and apparently their system crashed so it was quite difficult to get any prices.
    In regard to drum hardware, items about 15€ more expensive than Thomann, doesn't seem like much but does add up if you buy a lot of stuff in one go (like I usually do). An order of 400€ in Thomann would have been 500€ in xmusic. But hey, you get your stuff straight away, and it's easier to return stuff. Just not today though, they had nothing in stock! Drummers, come back next week :-)
    Friendly staff anyway, so it's definitly a plus. I tried to negociate a bit but I don't think there will be too much of this unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

I tried to negociate a bit but I don't think there will be too much of this unfortunately.

Yeah Ive a feeling there won't be much negotiating of prices, unless of course you know someone there very well ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

I'm going to throw a spanner in the works here and ask why does everyone seem to think a superstore like this is a good thing. Is it really going to be that much cheaper?

Whatever happened to supporting small business? Apart from the fact that they closed what was a convenient place to pick up a set of strings or whatever and move it down the country.

I'd much rather get on line now and get what ever I needed rather than travel out to the mad cow. Actually that's not entirely true, Perfect pitch, Charles Byrne and Goodwins are is still in town.

As far as im aware the old musician inc shop is now "xmusic express" so you can still pick all that stuff up cheap ie sticks strings etc...and also the shop will be online aswell and the prices are the same online as instore,Also by talking to the lads today their pretty much matching thomanns prices on most stuff,and one more thing for the record i dont work there my bands just played at the opening days

^^^
    I know that and I've shopped in musician since it opened, but I don't think be traveling all the way out there.

Afaik, if you want something, you ask in the X-Press shop and it'll be there 2 days later so you don't have to trek out to Ballymount.

studiorat wrote: »
    I'm going to throw a spanner in the works here and ask why does everyone seem to think a superstore like this is a good thing. Is it really going to be that much cheaper?

Whatever happened to supporting small business? Apart from the fact that they closed what was a convenient place to pick up a set of strings or whatever and move it down the country.

I'd much rather get on line now and get what ever I needed rather than travel out to the mad cow. Actually that's not entirely true, Perfect pitch, Charles Byrne and Goodwins are is still in town.

As is Musician Inc, which I believe is staying open (but I could be wrong there, tha t was what I was originally told.)

The thinking behind it, as I understand, is that in order for a local store to compete agin TheHinternet they'll need 2 things.

Namely Low overheads and Volume sales. That's taking the obvious i.e. the have the stuff you want.

They have practically no stores, just a delivery area - so the shop is the store, cutting down on store staff requirements. Virtually everyone who works there, and there's not really that many, is a sales guy (as I understand)

I'm guessing if they can shift a load of the cheaper stuff (as if often talked about here) the prices should be reasonable so you get the best of both worlds, stuff you want at a price you want. The consumer wins.

However that's not to say no one looses. I'm very glad I'm not relying on the 'Maker to pay for the Brewer Chrimbo this year.

As regards your 'I'd much rather get on line now and get what ever I needed' comment, don't you mean pop out to me and borrow it? Any sign of those Morocco snaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Nyquistic

Ye're some spoilt lot, ye are! The nearest decent music shop to here is over 80 miles away! :eek: Wot I wouldn't give to 'ave a warm Luas under me bum to whisk me out and back .... we culchies would need to pack hang sangwidges and flasks of tay for a trip to X-Music! :)

Nyquistic wrote: »
    Ye're some spoilt lot, ye are! The nearest decent music shop to here is over 80 miles away! :eek: Wot I wouldn't give to 'ave a warm Luas under me bum to whisk me out and back .... we culchies would need to pack hang sangwidges and flasks of tay for a trip to X-Music! :)

Ah yes, remember when they used check our passports at Checkpoint Charlie Haughey at the Phoenix park on the way in ? ..... that's if we weren't taken out by snipers in the Curragh ... all for a capo and 2 plecs.

Ah yes, remember when they used check our passports at Checkpoint Charlie Haughey at the Phoenix park on the way in ? ..... that's if we weren't taken out by snipers in the Curragh ... all for a capo and 2 plecs.

Haven't been to a good lynchin' in years!

studiorat wrote: »
    Haven't been to a good lynchin' in years!

The hangins at Culchie Corner were always well attended I heard ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

A
    However that's not to say no one looses.
    tut tut tut. and you call yourself a pedant.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement