Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonic boom (another sonic game)

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I read that Nintendo were pretty hands off during development.
    Playing the game betrays little that suggests they had some hand in it, so if they did have input they were able to adopt an entirely alt persona and allow the game to feel 100% Platinum/Sega.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

No I know, I really like B2, I meant in the sense of the one nintendo apparently supervised being good, and the one they supposedly didn't being garbage (again)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I'm not necessarily against the implementation of the homing jump, but tracking it back to Sonic Adventure and its sequel, it just categorically did not work, and there was no discipline in implementing it. Not only was it a sometimes twitchy, awkward shot, but it gave so many levels a rail-like quality that lent it an air of "right, we got this, you just hold the controller."

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

So this game is terrible, full of glitches and ps2 era textures, there is a glitch that allows you to skip 80% of the game, it has been beaten in under an hour already, Shadow and Metal Sonic are there for no real reason apparently bar the fans would enjoy them being there, and from what I have seen on twitter there is a glitch that makes the graphics better? WTF?

Also read there was 3 or 4 testers for bugs and glitches in the game and that was it.

I want to play this for myself but 40-50 euro just seems like a waster of money so I'm gonna wait till a price drop.

Thoughts on Boom so far?
    Games bad, comic and tv show good

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Also read there was 3 or 4 testers for bugs and glitches in the game and that was it.
    3-4 testers for a normal-size, linear game is the norm AFAIK.

Assuming 3 months testing, that's still €20-25k costs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Having a small test team for a game like this would be alright.

Not responding to bug reports logged by those testers on the other hand...

Think I'l wait for a price drop, the 3DS version doesn't look much good either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I paid €7 for Sonic Unleashed, it was €10 too much

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,147 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

cloud493 wrote: »
    Think I'l wait for a price drop

If it's a piece of crap why would you buy it at all? :confused:

<snip, sorry for double post>

• Advertisement

If it's a piece of crap why would you buy it at all? :confused:

100x This

Get Shovel Knight or Kirby or Rayman or something.... just... not.... this...
    Do not reward them for that they have done here.

Sure I bought duke nukem. Sonic 06. Too human. Lots of bad games. Long as I buy it pre owned.

cloud493 wrote: »
    Think I'l wait for a price drop, the 3DS version doesn't look much good either.

There is a demo of the 3DS version on the eshop, its pretty bad too tho lol

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

heh, I'm not saying its a good game (hell I played it at the eurogamer expo and disliked it immensely) but I am oddly feeling sympathetic because everybody seems to be out very quickly to bash it to bits.

compared to sonic 06 which is the worse sonic game where it was mostly ignored as a bad game initially and then a few weeks after release it trickled in how really really bad it was.

The game is barely on shelves and already gamegrumps are trying to redo the success of their sonic 06 series with it etc.

Sort of makes me sympathetic.

It's a game made by a company who are in a business to make money. It's not an unloved puppy.
    If people make crap games they should not be rewarded with profits and sales. It's that simple.
    If people make crap games that run a beloved franchise into the ground and stamp on it, well even more reason to avoid.
    The fact people will part with money for this beggars belief.
    Though that being said I've stated before I'm not a Sonic fan

q8QamPi.png

9lefZI4.jpg?1

I'm reasonably sure thats 4 different sonic games :pac: reviews are coming in, and surprise, its tanking horribly.

LoathsomePalatableIbis.gif

http://www.tssznews.com/2014/11/15/reports-suggest-brb-exodus-ahead-of-sonic-boom-launch/

The studio's staff turnover rate was high during development.

• Advertisement

http://www.twitch.tv/ftcr69
    if anyone cares there is a charity livestream of Rise of Lyric starting at 6PM, with special guests like Mike Pollock a.k.a Dr.Eggman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Sonic 06 makes sonic boom look like sonic 06

Advertisement