Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommy Robinson

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

It's neither unhinged, or "far right drivel", to point out hypocrisy. You can believe this girl without being a right-winger or believing that Tommy was correct in lashing out at him.

I think most parents would understand his reaction after them having their eight year old come and tell them some man groped them in a pool.

I was sceptical myself, thought he might have fed his daughter lines, but unlike some I viewed the footage before posting and it's clear that Tommy didn't do that, that he in fact gave his girl every chance to give her side and even double checked if it could have been an accident.

If you could quote me where I said the child shouldn't be believed then please do so. Otherwise, I won't be wasting time on your falsehoods.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

The child probably was molested. The molestor probably was allowed to walk away because the Dad was a bigger prize.
    The Dad understandably is beside himself, especially given that he has so closely followed the racist grooming gangs scenario in the UK for years. Aside from any other bolloxs from Robinson or others, and there is plenty, that is the backstory, subtext, context etc to this movie clip.

This is a scenario that is conservatively calculated to have resulted in 1500 girls in Rothergam alone, some as young as 11, being repeatedly raped. These girls were targeted precisely because of their class and ethnicity. Many thousands more young girls were kidnapped, lured, drugged and gang raped throughout the UK for the past 2 decades and more. Maybe 10s of 1000s. They were then disgracefully abandoned by the forces of the state as inconvenient truths. If the tables were turned racially, it would possibly have caused riots on the streets.

I understand him being really really really pissed off. The heroes in chinos on this thread fretting for the police woman being shouted at completely ignore the reality of the festering backstory of the grooming gangs. Predictably. Whatever keeps them comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,291 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Gynoid wrote: »
    The child probably was molested. The molestor probably was allowed to walk away because the Dad was a bigger prize.

I'd say it's more likely they had proof SYL punched the guy (considering his injuries), but they didn't have proof the guy touched the girl, so that needs to be investigated before he's charged, and it should be fully and thoroughly investigated.

Penn wrote: »
    I'd say it's more likely they had proof SYL punched the guy (considering his injuries), but they didn't have proof the guy touched the girl, so that needs to be investigated before he's charged, and it should be fully and thoroughly investigated.

No, that is half the answer. Detain the one who punches AND detain the suspected molestor immediately, particularly to get his phone in case evidence would be lost through passage of time. Personally I think a potential child molestor ranks a lot higher on the scale of requiring immediate intervention than a father who was punching the alleged molestor. But that is just me, maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,004 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

The child probably was molested. [...]

The heroes in chinos on this thread fretting for the police woman being shouted at completely ignore the reality of the festering backstory of the grooming gangs. Predictably. Whatever keeps them comfortable.

You have no idea whether anyone was molested. You have an accusation of molestation. You have video evidence of SYL causing a disturbance and shouting at the officers.

And with nothing but an accusation you’re willing to say it probably happened. Do you usually find yourself in the #ibelieveher camp?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Amazing coincidence that an assault like this, commited in such a public place, just so happened to be carried out by an Asian man on Tommy Robinson's daughter

Where did he say it was an asian man?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

You have no idea whether anyone was molested. You have an accusation of molestation. You have video evidence of SYL causing a disturbance and shouting at the officers.

And with nothing but an accusation you’re willing to say it probably happened. Do you usually find yourself in the #ibelieveher camp?

Wow this is why rape victims fail to report. Its because of people like you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭MakingMovies2

Knowing Tommy it was probably him that did the groping. Hope the scummer gets 5 years for this, fingers crossed.

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    Wow this is why rape victims fail to report. Its because of people like you.

Yawn.

No it isn’t. I wouldn’t believe it happened just because someone made an accusation. Would you? Honestly?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

I hate Robinson and everything he stands for. Is it possible his girl was groped and he reacted to it? Yes it is. Is it also a fact Robinson is a serial liar and propagandist? Yes it is.

Honestly we will have to wait and see what transpires. If there was an allegation of sexual assault then the cops will investigate it, whether they do a good job of that remains to be seen.

I mean it’s easy to call “bullsh*t” on something like this considering who it is but it would be a particularly depraved thing for him to concoct, even for an utter scumbag and con artist like him.

I don’t think definitively writing it off completely or embracing it wholeheartedly is the best thing to do here.

• Advertisement

Yawn.

No it isn’t. I wouldn’t believe it happened just because someone made an accusation. Would you? Honestly?

And yet usually you are such a White Knight.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Knowing Tommy it was probably him that did the groping. Hope the scummer gets 5 years for this, fingers crossed.
    ah come on outta dat, boi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

seamus wrote: »
    What a coincidence that a well-known attention-seeking nutjob happened to catch someone in the act of molesting his daughter and was all set up to record his subsequent confrontation with the police.

It couldn't be that...he's a lying dirtbag? Could it? ��

Just like a lot of “victims” these days

And yet usually you are such a White Knight.

Yeah if not believing an accusation based solely on an accusation, makes me a white knight, then fine.

Do you believe all the accusations or are you a white knight, like me, who doesn’t believe anything with that little evidence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

I thought we were “believing all victims“ these days???

How do you think it makes other victims of sexual assault feel about coming forward with comments like those.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I feel very sorry for his daughter in this.

Rather than have her father treat her sensitively after coming to him with a genuine concern, he instead decided to record a conversation with her retelling the incident, then edit and upload that recording to his personal media vehicle for the whole world to see, for profit. Not to vindicate her, but to make him money.

Then he went off on one chasing down and assaulting the guy she accused, as a personal vendetta. This wasn't a spur of the moment decision, he didn't see red and lose the rag. He had plenty of time to consider this course of action, after calmly sitting his daughter down to record the accusation.

Then rather than put his hands up and speak to the police like a rational adult, "Yeah, fair guv, I did, but let me tell you what's happened", he arranged someone to film him having a good old rant on camera, screaming about how badly oppressed he's being, so that it could once again be uploaded to the world, for likes and profit to his own media vehicle.

No consideration for his daughter in this, at all. He's a pure narcissist.

This is the TR playbook. Get caught acting like a scumbag, start ranting about immigrants and paedos. The Gemmaroid does it too.

And their drones lap it up.

I thought we were “believing all victims“ these days???

How do you think it makes other victims of sexual assault feel about coming forward with comments like those.

You might believe all victims. I don’t believe anything unless there’s enough evidence to conclude one way or the other.

I believe the girl. I don't think SYL is enough of a prick that he'd subject his daughter to making things like this up which could potentially result in her being questioned by police. For my money, she's telling the truth.

But the fact that SYL and his family or whoever he was with a) videoed his daughter telling him, b) videoed him arguing with the police and c) put out his video explaining the situation to his followers is just disgusting imo.

Penn wrote: »
    I believe the girl. I don't think SYL is enough of a prick that he'd subject his daughter to making things like this up which could potentially result in her being questioned by police. For my money, she's telling the truth.

But the fact that SYL and his family or whoever he was with a) videoed his daughter telling him, b) videoed him arguing with the police and c) put out his video explaining the situation to his followers is just disgusting imo.

You don’t have a clue what exactly the daughter said or if it’s true. Neither do I. Only one of us is being honest about what we do and do not know.

If bc she made a credible accusation, then it should be investigated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

You might believe all victims. I don’t believe anything unless there’s enough evidence to conclude one way or the other.

So if a rape victim cant prove they were raped its a lie, disgusting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Strange to have this recorded and shared to be sure but on the other hand Im aware Robinson has had a contentious past with the media and police in the UK. I'm guessing in his mind recording it and releasing it would be a way of documenting evidence and making sure its not "brushed under the carpet" as well as stopping media from spinning the info.
    I don't know but I wouldn't be dismissing the child's claim because of the views of her father like a lot of ye here.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

"Contentious past with media and police" is a polite way of saying that he's been in jail for a number of violent crimes and frauds, has physically threatened journalists, harrassed many, many organisations and been caught out fabricating stories about immigrants.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭MOR316

Yawn.

People do and have believed any kind of accusation.

Not me personally but, many do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭MOR316

And what if it is a lie?

It's been known, people have lied in the past

Not everything people say is true. I know 4 people who have lied about it. That's horrendous on the people they have accused.

EDIT: For the record, I'm talking in general, not just this particular issue

Nope. You might take that approach. But I don’t.

I take the approach that I believe things only when/if there’s enough evidence to believe it. Otherwise I just accept that I don’t have enough evidence to conclude one way or the other.

Someone making an accusation isn’t enough evidence to conclude one way or another. And all we have is one person saying their daughter made an accusation. So there’s not enough evidence to conclude. Simple enough approach to beliefs.

What approach do you take?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

seamus wrote: »
    "Contentious past with media and police" is a polite way of saying that he's been in jail for a number of violent crimes and frauds, has physically threatened journalists, harrassed many, many organisations and been caught out fabricating stories about immigrants.

The families of such people should still expect police protection without prejudice.

You don’t have a clue what exactly the daughter said or if it’s true. Neither do I. Only one of us is being honest about what we do and do not know.

If bc she made a credible accusation, then it should be investigated.

I agree that we don't know, and it should be investigated. I'm simply saying I don't believe the daughter would make it up of her own accord, nor do I believe SYL would try and coerce his daughter into making a false allegation as a publicity stunt, because that would be subjecting his own 8 year old to questioning by police etc.

So I believe the daughter, but a full investigation by the police if they feel her accusation is credible is warranted. But SYL's filming of the events is disgusting regardless imo. Maybe he recorded himself questioning his daughter so as to get her account on film while it was freshest in her mind. No need to release it publicly though. No need to release video of him arguing with the police. No need to make his own video showcasing these things.

He should have let the police deal with everything and co-operated fully with them once they came. Instead he's making a big public showing of his daughter's alleged assault to drum up his own support. That's disgusting imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,652 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

WrenBoy wrote: »
    I'm guessing in his mind recording it and releasing it would be a way of documenting evidence and making sure its not "brushed under the carpet" as well as stopping media from spinning the info.

Nah, he is trying to make money off it.

I tried watching the video and first thing I was asked for was bitcoin.

Because apparently pay-pal booted him for being a racist criminal cúnt.

Given his long criminal history, including for violent assault if found guilty he is going back inside.

WrenBoy wrote: »
    Strange to have this recorded and shared to be sure but on the other hand Im aware Robinson has had a contentious past with the media and police in the UK. I'm guessing in his mind recording it and releasing it would be a way of documenting evidence and making sure its not "brushed under the carpet" as well as stopping media from spinning the info.
    I don't know but I wouldn't be dismissing the child's claim because of the views of her father like a lot of ye here.

But t could prejudice any trial.

Was he after Justice or revenge?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭R.F.

He is a scumbag of the highest order. One of the worst people you can think of. He spreads so much hate and influences a lot of weak minded people.

It is his own fault that many will be very dubious about this incident.

Advertisement