Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Just back from a 'quick' shop to pick up some goodies for later. Smoked salmon and some cream... no idea what I’m having the cream on, but I’m having cream 😆

You could make a salmon mousse/pate thing. I made one with yogurt, fresh dill, horseradish and a few capers and it was lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Eleysian wrote: »
    You could make a salmon mousse/pate thing. I made one with yogurt, fresh dill, horseradish and a few capers and it was lovely.

You might just be on to something. I make a yoghurt and horseradish sauce for smoked salmon and would never eat it without capers, so I love those flavours.
    But as I am lazy, I will probably just have it on a french coffee!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Just back from a 'quick' shop to pick up some goodies for later. Smoked salmon and some cream... no idea what I’m having the cream on, but I’m having cream 😆

There's always room for cream - Irish Coffees? :)

It's a beautiful evening here in the west. Feels almost spring-like. The extra few minutes of light adding something imperceptible. Happy New Year!

Pretzill wrote: »
    There's always room for cream - Irish Coffees? :)

That’s probably what I had in mind, well French coffees as I got very drunk on whiskey once so can’t stand the smell of it, or hot chocolate with rum and topped with cream. I will definitely think of something

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside wishing someone would make me an irish coffee or a french coffee 😛

^^^ Sliding Irish coffee across to you Seph.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,956 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Have you warmed up at all Mam?

Thanks Eleysian , I have somewhat . Just hoping it's not the plague I'm catching tbh :pac:

Happy New Year you lovely people , lets hope it brings happiness and peace of mind to all :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I think you should go with this idea poochie......and eh...I suppose 🤔 I'll volunteer my taste test services, ya know so no one but me would be in danger of food poisoning in case the ehh...salmon is off .

😸😃
    ^^^ Sliding Irish coffee across to you Seph.

Too kind E 😃

I am not sure if it is ok to mention this. As the year draws to a close I have thought often of Shpud and his family....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I don't do New Years as I find them too sad and lonely thinking about lost loved ones but a very happy, prosperous and healthy New Year to you all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,956 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I don't do New Years as I find them to sad and lonely thinking about lost loved ones but a very happy, prosperous and healthy New Year to you all.

I don't either tbh , always found it sad .
    'll be at home with son , we'll get a takeaway and maybe play cards , who knows .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

And to you Srameen. And to the others on here.

I am sitting outside my uncles house waiting for him to return and wish him the same.

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I don't either tbh , always found it sad .
    'll be at home with son , we'll get a takeaway and maybe play cards , who knows .

Take away sounds good mam :-P

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Last coffee of the decade.
    To get me through to 4pm.
    Then home for a nap before the inevitable sh1tshow that will ensue tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

In case I don't get round to it later on, a happy new year to all those who frequent this thread.

May 2020 meet, and even exceed, your wildest dreams.

• Advertisement

Always a bit melancholy at New Years too. Best I’ve had was an early night, no better way to start the year than with a great sleep!
    Hope you all have a great year and even better decade.

Seph, smoked salmon mousse coming your way, and french coffee. With some of Mam's take away you’ll be full as a tick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Yes I don't really "do" NYE myself generally. Sometimes I stay in, sometimes I go out. Tonight was a going out one but plans have changed and it's now a staying in one and I'm ok with that.

I really hope my fellow Wherers can have a great 2020, life has thrown some shít at me this year but here I am still standing and ready to fight back next year and I hope it's the same for anyone else here who feels that 2019 wasn't a good year for them. And if you feel like it was a good year for you then here's to an even better one next time around.

Never give up hope or self belief and compliment yourself every day.

Happy New Years everybody :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

New Year's eve is nearly always a quiet affair here, these past few years. But I do like the promise of January and a new dawn. So I will raise a glass or two tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Perspective in focus today, I've been at the funeral of a friend in his fifties today and just come from the wake of a friends son who was killed in a car crash early on Sunday morning.
    Dont mean to be maudlin, but it's a different new year for both those families, there are many more I'd say

Happy new years eve everybody. I'm geared up for some sort of a good night as we are invited to a party at one of our neighbours just now, a small do they say, but I hear there's about 20 going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Happy New year where-ers.

Never been bothered by it myself. Will probably be in bed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Alecto

Happy New Year all of you lovely people you. I hope 2020 brings everything you desire. I always feel sad around New Years too I guess, looking back on the year and thinking about separating from my wife and how things haven't really progressed for me. Still, I think the year before was worse so onwards and upwards, here is to 2020 being better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I've never observed NYE. Hope nobody's feeling too pressured or disappointed. Remember, tomorrow is another day! Go make it work! :)

About to watch Secretary for the first time. Two people have told me I should so I'm wondering what I'll find :D

Ps. Prosecco is indistinguishable from vineagar?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,546 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Happy new year wherers! I hope next year is good to you all.

Quet enough one planned as I find it a maudlin and sad time, and it heralds in the return to normality.

Still, I have far more excitement planned for later in the week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Happy New Year guys! 2020 is going to be tops :)

I’ve a sedate enough evening planned but not holding out much hope in regards to the carry on of me. I seem to have an awful habit of finding myself balls deep in some sort of mischief and having to lay low for weeks after it.

Also don’t be expecting any New Years resolutions from me. I am going to be the same erratic foul mouthed crude amazing talented funny beautiful clever smart ray of sunshine I’ve always been

Might stop drinking a bit

Might

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Also don’t be expecting any New Years resolutions from me. I am going to be the same erratic foul mouthed crude amazing talented funny beautiful clever smart ray of sunshine I’ve always been
    Speaking only for myself Shoes.... I wouldn't have you any other way. :)

You are one funny lady..... well maybe not lady exactly, but you are a woman and you are funny :D

:D

• Advertisement

Happy new year wherers! I hope next year is good to you all.

Quet enough one planned as I find it a maudlin and sad time, and it heralds in the return to normality.

Still, I have far more excitement planned for later in the week!

Oh what ya got planned ?

Bedside with sleepy head on me, just woke up from a nap, I promised I wouldn't and the the next thing I was 😴

Well if you were any different from that we'd boot you outta here 😏

Couchside. Few glasses of lemonade, a bad movie or two and that's my lot for the evening!
    Nice day though, went to Wicklow and walked in the woods :)

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Couchside. Few glasses of lemonade, a bad movie or two and that's my lot for the evening!
    Nice day though, went to Wicklow and walked in the woods :)

Glengdalough ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,214 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Enjoying quiet pints with a friend. Gonna have a few at home with Mrs G in a bit. In bed well before the happy new year stuff. But happy new year anyway folks!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Poolside after swimming laps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

My friends Mum passed yesterday and my other friends Mum last Saturday.

I’m spending NYE with my Mam.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Happy new year guys and gals ( ye mad but the most nicest feckers)
    I don’t always post but I’m here quietly observing

This year has not been the greatest but things will be different in 2020 . Life throws you things that you can’t control so just need to turn it around and go with it

HAPPY NEW YEAR 🥳

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    I don’t always post but I’m here quietly observing

Like a cat in the shadows waiting to pounce

source.gif

😛

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Might stop drinking a bit

Join me in dry January and virtue signalling all over the shop!

All round to Seph in the morning for a strong coffee. Thanks bud!

Glengdalough ?

Yup and a bit further down towards Glenmalure.
    Not used to walking and wouldn't know that area so was nice to just tag along with some friends and know I wouldn't have to find my own way home :p

All round to Seph in the morning for a strong coffee. Thanks bud!

I'll have the peru coffee brewed 😃
    Cali_girl wrote: »
    Yup and a bit further down towards Glenmalure.
    Not used to walking and wouldn't know that area so was nice to just tag along with some friends and know I wouldn't have to find my own way home :p

I do that all the time as well, pretend to know where I'm going but secretly I'm following the other person or people

😛 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Another one here not too fond of celebrating the new year. I’ve had a lot of deaths in the last couple of months that made me more unwilling than normal to go out and watch my friends get super drunk while I sip my seven ups.

So instead, I’m babysitting. I am now 100% sure that there’s no better way to spend New Year’s Eve than building Lego towers, fighting dragons, and eating guggy eggs with two under fives. Even if my arms are ready to fall off from flying the three year old around the room. Happy new year, all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭gifted

Have a great one folks.....hope ye all find happiness in whatever ye find.....2019 was a bit of a strange one for me.......finally changed my job, massive pay cut but way less ****e to put up with........still there's no price on that.

Not in here as often as I should have been through the year so hopefully I'll rectify that ....ye are going to be sick ****e of hearing about my three chicks.....

Manly hand shakes to all the blokes in here and loads of virtual dropped hands to the hot ladies in here.....I could name ye but wouldn't be fair to name my virtual top 5 hot women in here.....

Have a fab 2020 folks......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Happy New Year to you all and may 2020 bring you happiness, health and most of all Me :D

2019 was a mix of a year for me between my mother being in hospital and meeting my favourite man CH :) He's my diamond :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

Happy New Year to everyone on this. Hope 2020 brings you all peace of mind and all the luck in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,870 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Athbhliain faoi mhaise daoibh - Here's to a great 2020 everyone

2019 was plodding along until through some random things I got to know Auto, she is a very positive influence on me.:)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Off work so in the sick bed. Hope those of you celebrating enjoy yourselves, hope those of you that find yourself in a more maudlin place have some happy memories of those you have lost..

Feel better Grem!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement