Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Miname wrote: »
    Walled pit, short draw. Breakfast rolls or the likes I think the first year you were there because the olds were away and I wasn't cooking for ye. Ham I think last year. He didn't get you driving the hearse yet.

Well the first year I worked with him was 9 years ago this year and the second was last year. Your killing me here I haven't a clue!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,483 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

C0N0R wrote: »
    Well the first year I worked with him was 9 years ago this year and the second was last year. Your killing me here I haven't a clue!

Would love to get back on the silage fleets again. Life's alot simpler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Does anyone know anythibg about linder tractors in Ireland
    Mate of mine had a Demo one for a few days. He liked it. Bit too high speced for what he would buy though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Was following this weapon spreading chicken litter till 2 am this morning.
    The Big Muk 412 by KB Design.
    The rotor is fitted to the right of centre of the container. When the material starts to drop and discharge gets light you give a spool valve a pick and a section of the floor and left side which is hinged push more dung towards the chains. Keep working the spool valve gently and after a minute or so the floor has come right up inside to the rotor and has emptied completely. Unfortunately i dont have a pic of the floor fully up but you can see the marks inside on front wall.

VDLivVwl.jpg

y4J1FlMl.jpg

yejVWQPl.jpg

VqOXrJEl.jpg

Was following this weapon spreading chicken litter till 2 am this morning.
    The Big Muk 412 by KB Design.
    The rotor is fitted to the right of centre of the container. When the material starts to drop and discharge gets light you give a spool valve a pick and a section of the floor and left side which is hinged push more dung towards the chains. Keep working the spool valve gently and after a minute or so the floor has come right up inside to the rotor and has emptied completely. Unfortunately i dont have a pic of the floor fully up but you can see the marks inside on front wall.
    That's a big girl alright. What does it hold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Could be close to 12cum. Great yoke to shift dung.

She'd be heavy loaded. Looks heavy empty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭Base price

A couple of years ago I bought a new front wheel and tyre for my late Uncle's 168, which is probably the first time that it got a new part since it was manufactured :eek:
    It is rough on the edges but starts on the button every time even in the depts of winter. The gear lever comes away in your hand unless you keep a downward pressure on it confused.png Great security device when I'am back in ncd as I can peg it into the back of the jeep :)
    The tractor mows with an old PZ, turns/rows 30 odd acres and draws in the silage bales from same.
    Also does 4 or 5 runs to the bog with a tipping trailer every year.
    Pic is from a few years ago when my brother and I were doing a bit of mechanical work on it.

Feck it - I just realised that the picture is lopsided. Maybe Kovu can do her thing or one of the other Mods :-))

lViA445l.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭johndeere3350

Tell me lads how many posts I have to have before a photo can be posted??
    And how do I go about it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Tell me lads how many posts I have to have before a photo can be posted??
    And how do I go about it

50 posts I'm afraid. But if you can upload it to an image site & post the code with spaces e.g (http : / / imgur.com/lViA445 ) I'll embed it for you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭MfMan

Could ye be persuaded to fit a PTO cover?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭MFdaveIreland

Reggie. wrote: »
    The two feeding tractors here MF 168 and MF 188

Yv9LPe5l.jpg

V47WYjVl.jpg

Reggie, are the studs on the 10-16 tyre the same as the one on the 165. looking a set for a 165 to put a loader on, thanks

Few from abroad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭ford 5600

The two feeding tractors here MF 168 and MF 188

Yv9LPe5l.jpg

V47WYjVl.jpg

The "real workhorses". Not polished and pampered like the 398. Looks better than it did new. Easy for it when this pair are doing the work, and it only for posing. :rolleyes::)
    That's one of the last 168s with the Lambourn cab. 2 nice honest tractors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

My trusty MF698, ****e cab and all. It's the tractor i learned to drive on. Still mechanically sound bar the brakes, which pull to one side or the other no matter how they are adjusted

ZoaSBzyl.jpg

Tv2KtnUl.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

My trusty MF698, ****e cab and all. It's the tractor i learned to drive on. Still mechanically sound bar the brakes, which pull to one side or the other no matter how they are adjusted

ZoaSBzyl.jpg

Tv2KtnUl.jpg
    Our landini getting overhaul here atm. Dad has whole yoke striped down
    has all lights working now and got her starting on key again.
    have a lad coming to look at electrics.
    She needs brakes looked at now and new 4wd unit in front axle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭visatorro

Our landini getting overhaul here atm. Dad has whole yoke striped down has all lights working now and got her starting on key again. have a lad coming to look at electrics. She needs brakes looked at now and new 4wd unit in front axle

you've spent a few pound on it recently, must be staying around for the long haul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

two feeding tractors MF 168 and MF 188
    ]

That FIL of yours is no messer. Fair play to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

That's a big girl alright. What does it hold

**** aka dung

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

visatorro wrote: »
    you've spent a few pound on it recently, must be staying around for the long haul

I've no plans in changing her any way. 30e for ignition switch and another switch. And she's slot safer now.
    Dad found a s/h 4wd unit in cork last yr but we never followed it up

• Advertisement

Muckit wrote: »
    That FIL of yours is no messer. Fair play to him

The 168 belonged to his father so it's part of the landscape at this stage

That time of year again

2mcsSjLl.jpg

JyOm5xGl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

That time of year again

The joys of footin turf...sprayed 3 acres today and knapsacked the roadway and both yards.i suppose I'll be shot for it this time next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

That time of year again

2mcsSjLl.jpg

JyOm5xGl.jpg

Will ya fcuk off with that depressing scutter the fcuking bog and turf

I said wrote: »
    Will ya fcuk off with that depressing scutter the fcuking bog and turf

Oh yeah that's right I forgot your a wimp :D

Oh yeah that's right I forgot your a wimp :D

I'll take a hopper of ya once ya peg it into the shed when ya deliver it what s the price of a hopper this year

I'll take a hopper of ya once ya peg it into the shed when ya deliver it what s the price of a hopper this year

15 euro for us as We use the smaller 4 sod behind the tractor. Don't know what is a 10 sod hopper. That self propelled throws them out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭stanflt

At maize

bChfaufl.jpg

17ZgK1vl.jpg

37HrEOEl.jpg

stanflt wrote: »
    At maize

That's a fair lump of a fert spreader

stanflt wrote: »
    At maize

Nice outfit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭raypallas

stanflt wrote:
    At maize

That spreader is an animal! How many tonnes will that fert spreader hold? Does it do lime as well?

That time of year again

2mcsSjLl.jpg

JyOm5xGl.jpg
    Usually end up in bogs cutting silage or mulching.
    Wouldn't draw anymore of it on myself haha

Usually end up in bogs cutting silage or mulching.
    Wouldn't draw anymore of it on myself haha

This generation is very soft :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭Grueller

Thanks be to jaysus we have no bogs down here. Come to think of it we always had strawberries to be picked. Trust me, every bit as bad as footing turf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Grueller wrote: »
    Thanks be to jaysus we have no bogs down here. Come to think of it we always had strawberries to be picked. Trust me, every bit as bad as footing turf.

You can't eat a sod of turf though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

15 euro for us as We use the smaller 4 sod behind the tractor. Don't know what is a 10 sod hopper. That self propelled throws them out.

10 sod hopper here is €70 I think but she's a sow. I fecking HATE the bog I'd rather sit down with the mother in law for a chat than go to the bog. The lads here turn it by machine and all but bringing it home is still to much.

10 sod hopper here is €70 I think but she's a sow. I fecking HATE the bog I'd rather sit down with the mother in law for a chat than go to the bog. The lads here turn it by machine and all but bringing it home is still to much.

The turning by machine is only a balls of a job. Is it the tractor one or quad one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

The turning by machine is only a balls of a job. Is it the tractor one or quad one

Why do you say that, never saw one working apart from on youtube, thought it looked a might job! Have no love for the bog either though.

Why do you say that, never saw one working apart from on youtube, thought it looked a might job! Have no love for the bog either though.

It breaks up the sod too much plus the sod might not turn right so won't dry. So would have to be turned again leading to more breakages.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

Never seen it I'll try get a pic when they are at it. I think this is a home invention from local lads that work the bog for a few generations.

Never seen it I'll try get a pic when they are at it. I think this is a home invention from local lads that work the bog for a few generations.

There's one that's like an old potato harvester with the conveyer chains running along side the tractor. The quad one is like a snow plough and just flicks the turf over

Its actually a 12 sod hopper , M4s. You would have a nice load of turf out of a hopper the size of it.

They have a turner that is made on a 3 ton mini digger under carriage. A super machine. Not sure is 7 or 8 euro a hopper. certainly if you had anything at all to do with your time, you wouldn't dream of doing it by hand. they also have another machine on the back of a tractor, in reverse gear. That in mainly used for windrowing.

The machine turner works well in a dry year , when the bog is dry underfoot, and the turf would need to be nearly half dry to work a machine.But in a wet year you will neither have the ground or the turf dry enough to work one. I would count the machine turning a better job , if the conditions allow it, because it disturbs the bog underneath as well as the turf.

ford 5600 wrote: »
    Its actually a 12 sod hopper , M4s. You would have a nice load of turf out of a hopper the size of it.

They have a turner that is made on a 3 ton mini digger under carriage. A super machine. Not sure is 7 or 8 euro a hopper. certainly if you had anything at all to do with your time, you wouldn't dream of doing it by hand. they also have another machine on the back of a tractor, in reverse gear. That in mainly used for windrowing.

The machine turner works well in a dry year , when the bog is dry underfoot, and the turf would need to be nearly half dry to work a machine.But in a wet year you will neither have the ground or the turf dry enough to work one. I would count the machine turning a better job , if the conditions allow it, because it disturbs the bog underneath as well as the turf.

Your breaking the one of the major rules of the bog right there. Never break the crust of a bog and never reverse a trailer on the bog :)

Your breaking the one of the major rules of the bog right there. Never break the crust of a bog and never reverse a trailer on the bog :)

I would have agreed with you on the crust once upon a time. But now most sp ray the hollows so that the vegetation dies off. Also a lot work a land leveller on it, so that the surface is like a tilled field. A recipe for disaster though in a wet year. The turners are made using 2 rows of potato harvester chains.

ford 5600 wrote: »
    I would have agreed with you on the crust once upon a time. But now most sp ray the hollows so that the vegetation dies off. Also a lot work a land leveller on it, so that the surface is like a tilled field. A recipe for disaster though in a wet year. The turners are made using 2 rows of potato harvester chains.

Them chains can be rough enough tho

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Posted on behalf of mythos110.

Some of my gear to be pulled out in the next few weeks. The "new" Renault is to replace the old reliable F130 and the jf900 will be replaced with a 1050 for this year!

dINwR22l.jpg

cU6Dbqhl.jpg

WPBb81El.jpg

IemDcDXl.jpg

aKLzswyl.jpg

e968GbRl.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement