Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheryl Tweedy/ Cole/ Fernadez-Versini /

• 17-05-2007 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭little miss

Just reading about her latest spat with Lily Allen this time - both calling each other names etc, the usual! I have to say, I admire her guts! I think its great fun that she's stirring things up all the time, and not thinking before opening her mouth! Makes a nice change to some nicey nicey celebs who say what they should say rather than what they want to say!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Lilly Allen deserves it though...god that girl annoys me a feirce amount!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭little miss

At least she gives back as good as she gets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

i think cheryl tweedy belongs on a council estate,she just got lucky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

^^^^^

Like half the population of Tallaght?

Shes a skanger granted, but dont confuse the two.

Actually, ironically enough Allen is a bigger scobie but from a seemingly wealthier upbringing/area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

more than half the population from tallaght lol I'm just glad I'm not originally from there so i dont have the accent:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Tha Gopher wrote:
    ^^^^^

Like half the population of Tallaght?

Shes a skanger granted, but dont confuse the two.

Actually, ironically enough Allen is a bigger scobie but from a seemingly wealthier upbringing/area.

Lilly Allen is a symbiotic colony of bacteria and yeast?

Anyway what ever she is she is pretty annoying. She is a rich private school girl who wants to do "urban music" because she doesn't have to get a real job.

The next one of my friends who tells me that she is "keeping it real" will be getting a smack from me ... fighting with Girls Aloud .. wtf? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

id have lilly allen before cheryl tweedy the knackjob anyday!!lilly allen knows shes a scumbag cheryl tweedy tries to act like she's not lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

flynnser19 wrote:
    id have lilly allen before cheryl tweedy the knackjob anyday!!lilly allen knows shes a scumbag cheryl tweedy tries to act like she's not lol
    What? Lilly Allen is not a scumbag, she comes from a very privileged background. She's the Guy Ritchie of female pop singers. I never thought you could get anyone as annoying as Keith Allen until he decided to procreate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Bazmo, coming from a wealthy background does not mean you can't be a scumbag!! They are not mutually exclusive!

I know at least one wealthy f*ck from a wealthy background who is a complete scumbag and someone I wouldn't piss on if he was on fire!

Either way both Cole and Allen certainly act like scumbags regardless of their origins.

r3nu4l wrote:
    Bazmo, coming from a wealthy background does not mean you can't be a scumbag!! They are not mutually exclusive!
    I agree wholeheartedly, but imo I believe that she is not a scumbag and just plays up to it to give herself some "street cred"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭lady_j

Lilly allen is loud, obnoxious and brash but she's no scum bag. She has a brain and she's standing up to a media tormenting her about her weight. I sont particularly like her but at the end of the day shes very young and has been thrown in the media deepend.

Tweedy on the other hand is jumped up pond scum. She disgusts me. She embodies every type of bad stereotype there is for women. Oh hang on I have no talent so I'll marry a footballer, drop half my body weight, and get tangoed then I'll be worth something...She's been part of the media circus, but still runs about spouting her ill-informed, petty thoughts. Calling Allen a chick with a dick was pathetic schoolground bullying. Allen's reaction was childish but then again she's very young and Tweedy should really know better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a135975/cheryl-cole-tops-most-inspirational-poll.html
    Cheryl Cole is considered to be Britain's most inspirational woman, a new poll has revealed.

The X Factor judge beat off competition from Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling, who took second place in the Mecca Bingo survey. Queen Elizabeth finished third in the top ten list of positive role models for women.

Last year, Cole topped a list of the worst examples set to British women, leading Mecca's Lesly Hughes to comment: "It is interesting to see how much public opinion of Cheryl has changed."

Earlier this year, the Girls Aloud singer topped a poll to find the UK's favourite fantasy body.

WTF :confused:
    Cheryl Cole has topped a poll to find the UK's 'favourite fantasy body'.

The Girls Aloud singer beat fellow X Factor judge Dannii Minogue and TV cook Nigella Lawson.

Spice Girl Mel B, Madonna and Lily Allen took the next three spots in the survey.

More than 2,000 people of both sexes were quizzed in the YouGov poll on behalf of slimming aid Zotrim.

She looks too skinny now she needs to eat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I wouldn't consider looking like a stick figure to be a fantasy body! She's so beautiful I agree but way too skinny these days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

True.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭mizzzy

she looked stick thin on the x factor the other night...id go as far to say she looked ill:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I thought she looked liked someone from Tallaght, Ballymun, Coolock [Insert scobie area] going to their debs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I think Cheryl is an absolute belter. She has lost a lot of weight in the last year though, probably a tad too much.
    On a related note I would love to terminate the life of that rat Ashley Cole.

cheryl_tweedy_363.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭thermo66

she looks emaciated these days. yuck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Lee501

i dont think cheryl deserves anything what u say boout her she won the xfactor first time on the telly u should be all prod of her lilly allen causes problums

she's desperate skinny though :p.

And to be fair it comes down to luck which judge wins as it depends on who they get in their category. She might have given her someone to talk to and advice and all that but Alex had the talent she would most likely have won no matter who her judge she had. If it was down to the judges Sharon would have won at least once as she is very popular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

I think she is an absolute scanger. Can't stick her.

she is no scannger at all she is lovely girl she is alsos in one of the most poplour bands these day girls aloud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Aidric wrote: »
    I think Cheryl is an absolute belter. She has lost a lot of weight in the last year though, probably a tad too much.
    On a related note I would love to terminate the life of that rat Ashley Cole.

cheryl_tweedy_363.jpg

+1

a tad? She could do with an extra stone or more on her. Its not attractive the bag o bones look!

She's probably a nice girl but my god she's a bit of a drama queen. She was always so aware of the cameras .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Cheryl would get it something bad.

there is nothing wrong with her what so ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

two babes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Nothing wrong??:rolleyes:

Holy crap she's getting attacked by cousin it.

• Advertisement

i love cheryl she is the best thing ever

really? Your easily pleased. Thats a good thing not dissing you or anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Cpaw

Just seen this on a mag cover today and was shocked:eek: Surely she isin't?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Cpaw

According to 'new!' mag, she is pregnant. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Did you open the mag and actually read it? Most of the time what is on the cover is not what they are saying in the article. Usually a headline like "Ashley Pregnant?!" means "Is she Pregnant" most people don't notice the ? Anyway would it be so shocking if she was? She is married after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Wicknight wrote: »
    She is a rich private school girl who wants to do "urban music" because she doesn't have to get a real job.
    +1
    r3nu4l wrote: »

I know at least one wealthy f*ck from a wealthy background who is a complete scumbag and someone I wouldn't piss on if he was on fire!
    Agreed. But her background isn't "street"/"ghetto" and a lot of new-monied types can be scummy but she's not new-monied either.
    Lee501 wrote: »
    i dont think cheryl deserves anything what u say boout her she won the xfactor first time on the telly u should be all prod of her lilly allen causes problums
    Jesus, Mary and Joseph... Boards.ie has temporarily become Bebo'd/YouTubed!
    Cpaw wrote: »
    Just seen this on a mag cover today and was shocked:eek: Surely she isin't?
    She's a 25-year-old married woman - what's so shocking about it?

I like Lily Allen though, but I hate the way she gets all teary when someone takes a pot shot at her weight - I thought she was all feisty and "couldn't-give-a-sh1t". Getting upset is playing into their hands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

Lee501 wrote: »
    i love cheryl she is the best thing ever

Lee501. By your post I'd say you are quite young but believe me Cheryl Cole is not a good role model just because she is pretty and on television. She is an embarassment to women particularly when she forgave her husband after him sleeping with some trollop and having it splashed acrossed the papers. I don't want to be superficial and slag her off on her appearance but if you consider somebody who has a Body Mass Index of less than 18 (seriously unhealthy) and a back full of tramp stamps attractive, well you really need to stop paying so much attention to magazines and reality shows.

Sorry not meaning to sound harsh but I am in an industry where I see this type of media potrayal ruining young peoples lives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

It's fair enough to say she's exquisitely beautiful but she is just too thin to be healthy. The thing is, I don't think I've ever heard anyone remark her body at the moment looks great - in fact the opposite - but she's still getting lots of exposure and all of it positive, so that's enough for 13-year-olds to aspire to have a bod like her. I know when I was 14/15 I wanted a body like Kate Moss's and I would have been a generally quite single-minded teen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Dudess wrote: »
    It's fair enough to say she's exquisitely beautiful but she is just too thin to be healthy. The thing is, I don't think I've ever heard anyone remark her body at the moment looks great - in fact the opposite - but she's still getting lots of exposure and all of it positive, so that's enough for 13-year-olds to aspire to have a bod like her. I know when I was 14/15 I wanted a body like Kate Moss's and I would have been a generally quite single-minded teen.

Pics.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I'd love a body... anybody.... me so horny.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

This is not After Hours. Check where you are before posting or bans will be issued.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

Cpaw wrote: »
    According to 'new!' mag, she is pregnant. :confused:

Uh oh, now she'll have to eat something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

No pics so? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Kold wrote: »
    No pics so? :(

Refer to post 29

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Who the **** are you to say that somebody belongs on a council estate you arrogant, self-righteous fool. I can't stand the girl(s) or this thread but at least they have made half respectable livings for themselves and will hopefully give their children a better chance in life than if they grew up in a council estate.

The more people not in council estates the better.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

K4t banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 fiona3953

Neesa wrote: »
    True.

People tend to forget that Girls Aloud come from a Reality show just like the X Factor.. Back then the likes of Pop Idol weren't making money like the X Factor does now and didn't have as big a financial backing!

Let's be honest nobody thought the girls would make an album after their xmas number 1.. They've had it tough and lived out of cars in the early stages of the band, whereas Alexandra Burke was given a penthouse apartment and a sweetener cheque to start her off! :rolleyes:

I have to say though i wouldn't have ever called myself a fan of theirs until Cheryl joined the X Factor.. She may be from a council estate in Newcastle but she has proved that it doesn't matter where you come from or who you are you can achieve success! It's inspiring.. :D
    lubie76 wrote: »
    Lee501. By your post I'd say you are quite young but believe me Cheryl Cole is not a good role model just because she is pretty and on television. She is an embarassment to women particularly when she forgave her husband after him sleeping with some trollop and having it splashed acrossed the papers. I don't want to be superficial and slag her off on her appearance but if you consider somebody who has a Body Mass Index of less than 18 (seriously unhealthy) and a back full of tramp stamps attractive, well you really need to stop paying so much attention to magazines and reality shows.

Sorry not meaning to sound harsh but I am in an industry where I see this type of media potrayal ruining young peoples lives.

And as for her "tramp stamps" I have tattoos and they are a form of art although mine's on my wrist and hip I don't think people's personal choice of how they decorate their body a reason for slating them.!
    Her weight plummeted with the media scrutiny about her marriage and to be fair you can't slate her for taking him back.. it happens everyday and not in the spotlight! I feel sorry for her to be honest and think that for what she went through in her early life you would too!

Even if you're not a fan read their book honestly I wasn't that interested but got it as a christmas pressie and it is a very good read!!

fiona3953 wrote: »
    Her weight plummeted with the media scrutiny about her marriage and to be fair you can't slate her for taking him back.. it happens everyday and not in the spotlight!
    Why can't you slate her for taking him back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 fiona3953

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Why can't you slate her for taking him back?

Well it's her own business! You can't judge her when you don't know all the circumstances! Nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

What the hell is wrong with her either being from or how you put it "belongs in" a council estate.. So what??? does that mean shes not allowed improve herself or be famous?

seriously, some stuck up gob****es on here..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I initially thought she was a gobby knack with fake t*ts. Bear in mind she was just 18 when she first got into the spotlight.

On X-Factor she comes across as a warm hearted, sensitive, caring, head strong and honest person that won't be manipulated or bullied by anyone.

For people complaining that she's promoting a negative body image: She lost the weight when her marriage fell apart! You can't blame her. Then she put most of the weight back on. She has to do a lot of working out and dancing because she's in a girl band, and part of her job is to look good.

I think she's growing into a dignified and beautiful woman that is a good role model. She tells it like it is, she never claimed not to be a Geordie girl from a council estate. At least she has done well for herself and not as a trampy WAG.

One last thing, how can you judge someone negatively for sticking to her wedding vows?

• Advertisement
Advertisement