Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BEEP (Beef Environmental Efficiency Pilot Scheme)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Aravo

Apologies if this has been asked before. Where can one get easy to read info on the scheme. I mean by way of what the deductions will be.

The KT programme had bdgp and vet fees. All of which fairly mount up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

K9 wrote: »
    Not sure what thread it was in but you were saying your best cow(great milk and fertile)was your worst looking one. Are you not contradicting yourself here?

What do you mean about not telling lads about terminal traits?

I did, a 50/50 Monti X lim, she's not small. Loads of milk and fertility etc. She had no stars because her sire wasn't verified. When it was she jumped to 5 star. She was allreddy weaning calves very heavy and a very good calving intervill before the sire was verified. I know if I do this scheme that they will have a field day on my bigger cows and cut them to ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭farawaygrass

If you have your own scales how does it work then? Am I right in saying you register it and it is then open to an inspection to see if working correctly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭TooOldBoots

If you have your own scales how does it work then? Am I right in saying you register it and it is then open to an inspection to see if working correctly?

Correct. All they may want to do is check that the scales is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭croot

This is going to become the norm for all payments in the future

Not if the grant value was less than 15k. But this seems to be chaging as there are too many non tax compliant farmers in the system

Dont think so. If you dont submit a cert for the forestry you dont get paid. Mine is a lot less than 15k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭dohc turbo2

It will be interesting to see will it be 40 per calf or like the bdgp started out at 100 and some lads getting 67 + , notice the wording in the article up to 40

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Sugarbowl

It will be interesting to see will it be 40 per calf or like the bdgp started out at 100 and some lads getting 67 + , notice the wording in the article up to 40

Would up to 40 be to cover if it was oversubscribed? Then it appears it would be reduced. From hearing people's thoughts on this scheme, I doubt that it will be!

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭john mayo 10

Will it be just once that we have to weigh cattle?If its more then i cant see it been worth it for any man with under 12 cows

• Registered Users Posts: 9,209 ✭✭✭tanko

Will it be just once that we have to weigh cattle?If its more then i cant see it been worth it for any man with under 12 cows

Yeah once a year for this scheme which only runs for one year for now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Will they operate off the reference number of animals we have for genomics scheme ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    Will they operate off the reference number of animals we have for genomics scheme ?

No. Any cow/calf unit you weigh will be paid for

• Registered Users Posts: 28 connormi

Wonder can we weigh the calf at any age or it have to be a minimum age.

connormi wrote: »
    Wonder can we weigh the calf at any age or it have to be a minimum age.

The calf can't be weaned at time of weighing. I didn't read anything about a certain age.

Sugarbowl wrote: »
    The calf can't be weaned at time of weighing. I didn't read anything about a certain age.

Terms and conditions on agriculture.gov.ie/beep.

It says calves can be weighed anytime from birth until weaning but then says that ICBF will suggest a 4 week window to weigh calves and want farmers to stick to this timeframe.

tanko wrote: »

It says calves can be weighed anytime from birth until weaning but then says that ICBF will suggest a 4 week window to weigh calves and want farmers to stick to this timeframe.

That's interesting Tanko, I hadn't spotted that now!

tanko wrote:

tanko wrote:

Any calves born after June are not included for 2019. I wonder if that 4 week window is for all animals and not that animals should be weighed between 5 and 6 mths of age.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Aravo wrote: »
    Any calves born after June are not included for 2019. I wonder if that 4 week window is for all animals and not that animals should be weighed between 5 and 6 mths of age.

Id say it will be different for every farm

Id say it will be different for every farm

No issue with the 4 week window, as long as they don't specify an minimum age for weighing. A long calving period would not help.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Toplink

View 1: the bones of 1000 euro for a days work... sign me up Jack.

View 2: There are easier ways to make money.

How much would it be to rent scales?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Toplink wrote: »

50 euros to rent a scales

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Is there easier ways to make money though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭Figerty

Is there easier ways to make money though?

There is, it's just not in farming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭TooOldBoots

50 euros to rent a scales
    I've already planned to team up with 2 neighbors, we will get the scales and do all 3 farms the one day. Then hit for Pints that evening :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

I've already planned to team up with 2 neighbors, we will get the scales and do all 3 farms the one day. Then hit for Pints that evening :D

An Agri and rural social scheme rolled into one, pity the department couldn't show such joined up thinking. I won't be participating in the scheme, the few cows I keep on a fragmented holding wouldn't justify the effort or expenditure imo. The cynic in me also thinks that any data gathered will only be used as another stick to beat us with in times to come. I heard that demand for suckler springers and calved teams far exceeded demand at a special sale locally this week. There's a few nice mare donkeys on done deal of late, perhaps a scheme to weight them would be more appealing to me going forward!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭older by the day

I would think that the scales will be rented but might not be taken off the back of the jeep. A lot of suckers around here would be left out in rough places with no crushs. Guessing will be the order of the day in a lot of places. Hard to find 3 or 4 people to gather cattle unless they are sick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭older by the day

How much is the receipt for the scales .

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

AFAIK they'll catch you out with guessing by weighing the cow. I wonder if the dept weigh suckler cows at an inspection how much help will they have?:(

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

BEEP application form. Print it off, fill it out, scan and email to the address below.
    Send on the original signed form then by registered post.
    Closing date is tomorrow.

PS - Don't tell tell them you got it from Patsy.:cool:

beep@agriculture.gov.ie

'The Bishops blessed the Blueshirts in Galway, As they sailed beneath the Swastika to Spain'

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Iloverain

BEEP application form. Print it off, fill it out, scan and email to the address below.
    Send on the original signed form then by registered post.
    Closing date is tomorrow.

PS - Don't tell tell them you got it from Patsy.:cool:

beep@agriculture.gov.ie

Not sure if it was mentioned here but if your applying through Agfood Was there any for to fill ? Only remember ticking a box on it.

• Advertisement

Iloverain wrote: »
    Not sure if it was mentioned here but if your applying through Agfood Was there any for to fill ? Only remember ticking a box on it.

No, just a couple of boxes to tick and hit apply i think.
    If you go back into Agfood you can double check that you applied.

Advertisement