Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due December 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 sm8

I’m really behind with packing a bag, I’m only starting to pick up bits and pieces... hope to have it all this week end and I will pack next week...

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

Just had my online antenatal class with NMH, I have to say, I'm feeling much more positive now and the midwife explained the current restrictions well, it's not as scary as it seemed.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Becks0603

Hi ladies,

So nice to read everyone's updates! I can't believe how quickly the time is going. I'm 32 weeks on Tuesday, we did do the private 2d/3d scan and it was lovely to be able to go together and get to see the baby even though he spent most of the time hiding behind his arms and legs!

I have another scan in the hospital at 33 weeks because my placenta was very low at the 20 week scan.

Great to hear the baby has turned for you shelli, mine is still head up under my ribs really hope he moves by himself!

How did you all find the online classes you done?

I'm out today trying to get bits for the hospital bag in case we do go in to another lockdown, I know there's always online but I wanted to get some bits in penneys.

I just did the one class, it was a refresher class for second time mother's (or more), specific to those who had first time vaginal delivery and who are planning another vaginal delivery.
    They have very specific classes for each type of birthing scenario, twins, VBAC, cesarian etc.

I found it great, midwife was was informative and helpful, taking the time to answer each and every question in depth.
    She explained the current regulations in NMH in detail, which really eased my anxiety.

I had asked for the FTM classes, as it's been 13 years and I don't think I even did any last time, but she advised against it as second time around is different and has different protocols etc. I'm glad I did the refresher now, there is actually a lot different that I wouldn't have known about.

Sounds really good Shelli, I'm in the coombe and I think they've just put up some videos online so going to have a look at whats there the weekend.

Good to known the restrictions aren't as scary in reality, really hope whatever the government decide to do now, things aren't too serious by the time we're all giving birth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭blueturnip

Becks0603 wrote: »
    Sounds really good Shelli, I'm in the coombe and I think they've just put up some videos online so going to have a look at whats there the weekend.

Good to known the restrictions aren't as scary in reality, really hope whatever the government decide to do now, things aren't too serious by the time we're all giving birth.

I'm in the coombe too and have watched the labour videos, they are pretty good. Although I have nothing to compare them to I guess.

blueturnip wrote: »
    I'm in the coombe too and have watched the labour videos, they are pretty good. Although I have nothing to compare them to I guess.

Thanks blueturnip every little bit of information helps I suppose!

I'm trying to work on the hospital bag the weekend and watch the videos, if I get that done I'll be happy!

There's a free 6wk online course from Trinity too, I did it early on and found it decent.

https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/journey-to-birth-tcd

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭blueturnip

Oh I did that one too, also found it very good Shelli2. I also signed up to https://babyacademy.ie/ for their free workshop and also paid for their antenatal course (haven't done that yet).

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭greenexile

Thanks, I’ll know more next week when I see the midwife again in my outpatient clinic but I’d say you’re right. :)

Shelli2 wrote: »
    As far as I'm aware, if there's nothing unusual at 20wk scan there are no further follow up scans.
    That's how it was with my son, but that was 13 years ago, someone might confirm if that's been updated or is still the same?

I'm being scanned again at 34wks, but that's because they detected a couple big things that need following up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭greenexile

blueturnip wrote: »
    Oh I did that one too, also found it very good Shelli2. I also signed up to https://babyacademy.ie/ for their free workshop and also paid for their antenatal course (haven't done that yet).

I’ve signed up for the Baby Academy antenatal class in mid November. Thought the instructor was excellent and very informative in the free seminar.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 sm8

I done the baby academy course yesterday and I found it very interesting

Got my last few bits in Penny's today, all clothes are now washed and wardrobe organised.

I was afraid of everything closing in another lockdown, and it's getting so much harder to move around and bend down to the machines.

4 to 7 weeks to go now....I've been told I definitely won't be let go over the 40wk mark, really hoping to avoid medical induction so I'm stocking up on all the home remedies. I know realistically baby will come when she's ready but at least I'll feel like I'm doing something..... patience is not my forte. LOL.

I have Clary Sage oil for my aromatherapy burner.
    Raspberry leaf tea.
    Majool dates.
    Breast pump ready.
    Booked my acupuncture.
    Sitting on my ball all the time.
    And the husband has been forewarned of his obligations too, haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭thefasteriwalk

4 to 7 weeks to go now....I've been told I definitely won't be let go over the 40wk mark, really hoping to avoid medical induction so I'm stocking up on all the home remedies. I know realistically baby will come when she's ready but at least I'll feel like I'm doing something..... patience is not my forte. LOL.

I have Clary Sage oil for my aromatherapy burner.
    Raspberry leaf tea.
    Majool dates.
    Breast pump ready.
    Booked my acupuncture.
    Sitting on my ball all the time.
    And the husband has been forewarned of his obligations too, haha!

Is this standard practice? I have a scan tomorrow week so I should learn about my updated situation then. I am just hoping that my anterior placenta isn't blocking my cervix - really hoping for a natural birth.

I have SPD and it's been getting progressively worse. I am hoping to be signed off next week as I really don't feel that I can keep doing a 2 hour daily commute with the pain in my pelvis. Plus, I am huge and getting more uncomfortable by the day.

I am also looking at 4-7 weeks as I am due on the 12th, but I'd love for it to be closer to 4 than 7.

I am also looking at 4-7 weeks as I am due on the 12th, but I'd love for it to be closer to 4 than 7.

Same due date 😊

Wouldn't be standard practice as far as I'm aware.

I was 41+6 on my first baby, and he was 12lb.
    I've had a few minor hiccups this time around, and she's measuring big already. From the very beginning I've been clear with my consultant that I don't want to be left to go over, I couldn't risk another huge baby, so he promised to monitor very closely and induce if I got to 40wks or earlier depending on weight.

Unfortunately I've no faith in the accuracy of the weight by scan. I was scanned the day before having my son and he was estimated 8.5-9lb.
    It was only after his birth they said it should have been a section 'if they had known he was so big'.

Same due date ��

Wouldn't be standard practice as far as I'm aware.

I was 41+6 on my first baby, and he was 12lb.
    I've had a few minor hiccups this time around, and she's measuring big already. From the very beginning I've been clear with my consultant that I don't want to be left to go over, I couldn't risk another huge baby, so he promised to monitor very closely and induce if I got to 40wks or earlier depending on weight.

Unfortunately I've no faith in the accuracy of the weight by scan. I was scanned the day before having my son and he was estimated 8.5-9lb.
    It was only after his birth they said it should have been a section 'if they had known he was so big'.

Jesus, that's horrific. You poor thing!

My uncle was 1 stone and my grandmother had a lot of trouble because of it later in her life.

I suspect you're right not to trust them: the consultant said my baby's tummy was measuring two weeks ahead the last time I was with her and booked me in for another scan, but that showed that she was measuring normal. Very stressful.

Are you all still working? How is it going?

I'm working from home and it's very flexible so I'm lucky. I haven't been in the office since the end of February.
    My official last day is 27th November, so I'll keep going as long as I can.

God I'd say the commute is a killer @thefasteriwalk, I am working from home 3 days and 2 days in the office but starting to get uncomfortable now too. 7 weeks left today fingers crossed but I mentioned the pains at my last appointment and the consultant said it was probably the start of pelvic girdle pain :(

Hopefully it'll be closer to 4 than 7 weeks for you @Shelli do you just sit on the ball or do you do exercises? I just got one, hoping it might help with the PGP and have a scan tomorrow to find out if my placenta has moved up and hopefully baby has turned!

PGP is a killer, but I find the ball definitely helps, I hope it gives you some relief too.
    I just sit on it, kind of bounce a little and roll my hips around, basically whatever feels good when I'm sitting on it.

• Advertisement

PGP is a killer, but I find the ball definitely helps, I hope it gives you some relief too.
    I just sit on it, kind of bounce a little and roll my hips around, basically whatever feels good when I'm sitting on it.

I think the ball will be my new seat for sitting watching the tv in the evening, fingers crossed it helps!

Going into the office if the PGP gets worse will be difficult, Becks. I find going onto and coming off the clutch really painful. I went to the physio last week. She gave me a Serola belt which hasn't been working too well. I found the whole process more sympathetic than useful, to be honest. Nov 27th is officially my last day, too, but I almost certainly won't make it that far.

Going into the office if the PGP gets worse will be difficult, Becks. I find going onto and coming off the clutch really painful. I went to the physio last week. She gave me a Serola belt which hasn't been working too well. I found the whole process more sympathetic than useful, to be honest. Nov 27th is officially my last day, too, but I almost certainly won't make it that far.

Yeah I find getting in and out of the car really sore along with turning over in bed at night, made worse by the pain in my hip from lying on my left side so much. I'm lucky it's only a 10/15 minute drive to work, I can't imagine the commute your faced with and traffic is basically nearly back to normal now! Hopefully you get signed off sooner and can mind yourself before baby comes along.

Had the follow up scan to check my placenta and the sonographer said it's moved up and is no longer a concern but baby is still breech. 33 weeks yesterday she didn't seem very encouraged that he'll move, I asked her was there anything I could do and she just said not really have a chat with the doctor next week.

Becks0603 wrote: »
    Had the follow up scan to check my placenta and the sonographer said it's moved up and is no longer a concern but baby is still breech. 33 weeks yesterday she didn't seem very encouraged that he'll move, I asked her was there anything I could do and she just said not really have a chat with the doctor next week.

Good news on the placenta, fingers crossed baby will turn for you.

Oh girls. I could be (hopefully) having a November baby.

I had a scan today, 34+4.
    Baby girl is already weighing 7lb ,1oz. (Approximately 4-5 weeks ahead). If I hadn't had lots of early scans that showed my dates were correct, I'd be convinced I was actually wrong my last period date.

I have to see my consultant next week to make a plan. I'm definitely going to push for induction at 37wk.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 maisie_moo

7lbs 1oz already, wow! Great to know she thriving anyway! You'll be meeting her very soon imagine!!

Becks, has your baby turned yet??

Iv finished up work this week. I'm 36 weeks. Feeling good physically. Heartburn is annoying me though..its literally after everything I eat. Taking stuff for it.
    I'm looking forward now to some rest and downtime. Though I must finish packing hospital bag.. organised as ever!!
    Have girl name options but no boys names, so little stressed on that front. Why are boys names harder?
    Have antenatal class this weekend and breastfeeding one week after. Baby better stay put until I learn a few things haha.

Oh shelli that's exciting, she must be thriving in there 7lb 1oz already :)

Our little man is still breech just back from the hospital, I have a tiny cyst that they are monitoring, they don't seem worried about it but the woman doing the scan gave me a good look at him and he has his head tucked in at my ribs and bum down low which I'm assuming is where the pelvic pain is coming from haha I'm 34 weeks and back in tomorrow with the consultant so will see what they say.

I'm the same maisie hospital bag is nearly finished being packed but I feel like I'm saying that ages haha great that you're finished work and have the time to relax a bit and do your classes. We booked the baby academy antenatal class but it's not until 21st November!

Oh I know we are struggling to agree on a name for him, we both love two different names and trying to come to a compromise haha

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Cailleachdubh

I'm 35+2 today. Midwives told me last week that baby was breech, which was a bit of shock. They told me to get on my ball, try spinning babies etc and that he had around a 2 week window where he was more likely to turn. After that it's less likely. Finished up in work last week. I have a 1 hour 15 min+ commute and emotionally I was finding it tougher after the breech news. They're bringing me back to the midwives' clinic tomorrow and will send me in to meet the team and make a plan if he's still breech (which I think he is). If it ends up being a section, so be it, I think my hormones are just raging at the moment! Now that I'm chilling at home, I'm feeling better though but very uncomfortable in the evenings with pressure under the ribs and heartburn. Bag is more or less packed and I've been buying loads of baby stuff online...All the deliveries! Trying to get the house in order now....sloooowwwllly

• Advertisement

I'm a week behind you Cailleach, trying to sit on the ball in the evening but I really feel like he's too just comfortable where he is. Good to know you still have a 2 week window, a lot of people are telling me the baby can flip even when we're asleep so we might not notice.

Thank God you're finished with the commute, that alone is very draining. Also buying loads online, the baby stuff is just too cute. Enjoy your time at home now and make sure you look after yourself :)

Advertisement