Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Making the effort to get to know my new class, I waiting until the online teaching had ended and asked one of the mature men if he was local. He said he was and then said he wasnt, followed by him making a fuss about not being able to see me(as my camera had been dodge all day) but other ppl could and did responded to me.

Ta that men think that kind of rudeness is considered funny still.
    *I know I should be thankful that he has shown himself to be a bolli* now, but it still annoys me.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Gervais08 wrote: »
    Not trivial but a pain in the **** - my elderly dad has just tested positive for COVID-19.

He’s largely asymptomatic but it’s a worry.

Hope he gets better soon

Thanks for that Eskie.

I think my issue is that I was always super skinny but now I have a massive belly on me (with very skinny legs and arms) so you can imagine what I look like. When my mom passed away 5 years ago I went mad on the comfort eating and my weight was creeping up slowly but I brushed it off as something I can easily rectify the following year.

Maybe I'm being overreacting with wanting to lose 2 and half stone as that will take me to 8 stone. We'll see, I really like the approach of one of class instructors in the gym I signed up to, so I might ask her about PT so I can get some help on really targeting my stomach.

Oh go for the PT if you can :) if there was one local to me I'd be going, but have an online programme that suits me just grand.
    I was similar, very slim until around my mid twenties. I suppose I had assumed I could eat what I wanted and not have to work to keep my figure, so my weight crept up slowly.
    I have an overall weight loss goal too, but am taking it in stages. I worked on improving my eating habits, doing 10k+ steps a day, while also doing 4 to 5 HIIT sessions a week. I'm at home so I have the time to make a big effort. Trying to stick to a calorie deficit diet and stay motivated is very tough, but once I started seeing results I was so delighted and it kept me going. I'm still so happy that I can wear my jeans again and not have to suck everything in :pac:
    There's a weight loss motivation thread in the Christmas forum if you ever want to pop by for some support or share some inspiration :)

TA I had an appointment for before 4pm and I'm still waiting in the car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

****e talk at work all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Not trivial but a pain in the **** - my elderly dad has just tested positive for COVID-19.

He’s largely asymptomatic but it’s a worry.

Keeping everything crossed for your Dad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,401 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Natalia Tena. She's been supremely annoying in everything she's ever been in. She just plays the same character every time, which is quite the feat when you've been in Harry Potter, Game of Thrones and the Mandalorian.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,418 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I've been watching Hannibal for MONTHS (I don't watch much TV so it takes me an age to get through anything). Was down to the last two episodes, finished work at a reasonable hour on Wednesday and the dog was gone to my sister for the week so I had no evening walks to do, had the dinner made so ate nice and early (for me!), went up and had a lovely bath, got into clean pyjamas, came downstairs, lit my candles, settled into the couch, switched on Netflix and.... gonzo. Had completely forgotten that it was only available until September 29th.

Gutted.

I recorded a storyville documentary film from bbc 4. I didn’t watch it till I’d have some peace and quiet to watch it . Went to watch it only to find out it was automatically deleted after X days :(
    And it’s unavailable on planner . Arrgh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Songs suddenly becoming unavailable on Spotify and screwing up my playlists. Latest example - Bryan Ferry's Kiss & Tell and The Right Stuff from his Bete Noire album. Single versions of both also gone.

I was heading to Belfast and needed the sat nav so I put data roaming on , on my phone , to play in the car.
    That was 3 weeks ago and I only copped it was still on roaming 5 mins ago !!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Finding out that the new James Bond film, No Time to Die, will be released at Easter next year, instead of next month.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Flatmates decided on a drinking game called Truth or Lie. Which means if you guess wrong you take a shot. Female flatmate has the hots for the other male flatmate, She asks him a very specific question, and his answer does not set well with her. So now there is all this tension in the air. My TA is too much drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,035 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Linkedin.

I move jobs frequently enough, and used it a lot over the last 10 years to great success. However, it has turned into facebook and is now just full of sh1te. Nothing but:
    • Humblebrags
    • Endless recruiter circle-jerking and sharing
    • "Commenting for better reach"
    • Virtue signalling corporate/manager posts
    • "Do you know the thing with the other thing that is annoying? Why is that?" - 25k likes
    • "Here's a video/paper/article on something I know very little about. Please share"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

branie2 wrote: »
    Finding out that the new James Bond film, No Time to Die, will be released at Easter next year, instead of next month.

Finding out that Easter is postponed until next September.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Pretend hardmen who post about how tough they are on the internet

• Registered Users Posts: 30,350 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

branie2 wrote: »

For me it's Top Gun 2, should of been released last year, then June of this year and now God knows when. I just want to watch fighter jets.

TA is finding out there will Be a Top Gun 2 !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Delivery guy just dumped the box behind the pillar and ran.... I know he didn't ring the bell as my bell rings for ages.

I caught a shadow and looked out and he was just at the gate jumping into his car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Songs suddenly becoming unavailable on Spotify and screwing up my playlists. Latest example - Bryan Ferry's Kiss & Tell and The Right Stuff from his Bete Noire album. Single versions of both also gone.

TA that I always consider myself a 'musso' (sorry for the lame term but I was in a band so I' allowed say it!), but I never know the tunes you talk about in the music forum or here and have to immediately look them up:)
    It's a non TA too cos I get to discover great new music through you so an annoying thanks to you!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

TA it’s the weekend and I can’t relax because I know there’s so much work waiting :(

TA it’s the weekend and I can’t relax because I know there’s so much work waiting :(

I find blaring Violator helps :) Hard not to be happy listeing to Policy of Truth.. it's good for what ales ya!

• Advertisement

Porklife wrote: »
    I find blaring Violator helps :) Hard not to be happy listeing to Policy of Truth.. it's good for what ales ya!

If I can think of Mr G blasting it out in the Point wearing a waistcoat, I’ll forget where I work!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Laundry!

Twice during the week the forecast said showers all day, so I didn't bother doing any washing, but not a drop of rain fell! Between the sunshine and the wind I've had had two loads done!

....Or half my shirts in the next county.....

The wee fella bought 2 toy guns with his ‘own’ money. To surprise him I got caps for them but they’re ****e. No bang , just a whimper

If I can think of Mr G blasting it out in the Point wearing a waistcoat, I’ll forget where I work!!!

Exactly!! I was at the front as he kenlt before me and writhed around like a snake to Enjoy the Silence.. Jesus, if I died on the spot I would have died happy I tells ya!

I'm actually having a particlulary bad day, found out some really bad news but Halo is getting me through. Amazing the profoundness of music. I'm alone in ahotel with my life upsidedow but at the moment with this album o, I'm gonna be ok.

Exactly!! I was at the front as he kenlt before me and writhed around like a snake to Enjoy the Silence.. Jesus, if I died on the spot I would have died happy I tells ya!

I'm actually having a particlulary bad day, found out some really bad news but Halo is getting me through. Amazing the profoundness of music. I'm alone in ahotel with my life upsidedow but at the moment with this album o, I'm gonna be ok.

We all have to go some way!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I know Madonna has got me through some **** times.Amazing what music can do.

Hope everything will be better for you soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Hope everything will work out ok for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Pulled a muscle in my neck sneezing earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,174 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

cj maxx wrote: »
    TA is finding out there will Be a Top Gun 2 !!

TA'd that there are people who don't consider Top Gun the greatest piece of movie entertainment ever created. it has everything you could possibly want in a movie.

• Advertisement

TA'd that there are people who don't consider Top Gun the greatest piece of movie entertainment ever created. it has everything you could possibly want in a movie.

For a few years after it was on tv some lads used to try and do “ That lovin feeling “ routine. Cringe but looking back actually very funny .
    I’m sold . I feel the need , the need for speed .... ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement