Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Archeron wrote: »
    I wanted something nice and there's a basket in the spare room where I'm sure there was some sweets hidden. Because the room is full of clutter I had to reach and contort over and around crap and just got one hand into the basket. Feeling blindly in the basket, I feel the bag, success, could be dolly mixtures or even rolo minis.

Nope, a fcuking wardrobe dehumidifier.

:mad:

That made me laugh:D:D. Sorry [not sorry]

• Registered Users Posts: 13,068 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Finishing a show you loved on Netflix and now you feel a void in your life :(

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Always fancied a gun dog so I trained mine to catch the cork as it pops (we drink too much prosecco). So it's great and cute, she gets all tense and does her high pitched hunting baying thing when you're opening a bottle then pounces on the cork. Which is fine except when you're trying to have a sneaky merlot after everyone's gone to bed and she thinks it's the hunt. Had to open the last one hiding in the bathroom. I can literally have no vice, she outs me every time. Should rent her to an AA group.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Archeron wrote: »
    I wanted something nice and there's a basket in the spare room where I'm sure there was some sweets hidden. Because the room is full of clutter I had to reach and contort over and around crap and just got one hand into the basket. Feeling blindly in the basket, I feel the bag, success, could be dolly mixtures or even rolo minis.

Nope, a fcuking wardrobe dehumidifier.

:mad:

Delicious! (Sorry) :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

The new Man v Food presenter is an annoying gob****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,105 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The word “ new normal “ . It’s not bloody normal at all its a “ new un normal “

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

As if this WFH wasn't Groundhoggy enough, they are now playing "I Got You Babe" on the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Had plans for today. Nothing great, just to do a few bits and bobs. School is off today :(
    Teacher training. Is that not what college is for.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Oh Ted, that DID make me laugh! In fact, thanks for the suggestion, that's what I'll watch now - I'm off today and I was supposed to go and get a few bits, but the weather is miserable and there were 13°C in my hallway this morning AFTER the heating had been on for half an hour and I've no energy, so I'll make myself breakfast in bed and watch Groundhog Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Antares35 wrote: »
    Always fancied a gun dog so I trained mine to catch the cork as it pops (we drink too much prosecco). So it's great and cute, she gets all tense and does her high pitched hunting baying thing when you're opening a bottle then pounces on the cork. Which is fine except when you're trying to have a sneaky merlot after everyone's gone to bed and she thinks it's the hunt. Had to open the last one hiding in the bathroom. I can literally have no vice, she outs me every time. Should rent her to an AA group.
    Haha, oh man Antares you never fail to cheer me up with your posts!

TA bought yogurts I thought were raspberry flavour but they're cherry. I hate cherryðŸ’

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,367 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I'm exercising more, eating less but I'm still not losing weight :mad:

Really need to shift 2 and half stone but it's just not happening, if anything I'm gaining more weight. Looks like the fat gene that runs in women on both sides of my family has hit me before I hit my thirties. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

New Home wrote: »
    Oh Ted, that DID make me laugh! In fact, thanks for the suggestion, that's what I'll watch now - I'm off today and I was supposed to go and get a few bits, but the weather is miserable and there were 13°C in my hallway this morning AFTER the heating had been on for half an hour and I've no energy, so I'll make myself breakfast in bed and watch Groundhog Day.

New Home wrote: »
    Karma.

Combining your TA & TH in the one place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Can't warm up today at all.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Combining your TA & TH in the one place.

That's what I call multi-tasking. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,812 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Mrs Beer going on about British politics.
    Boris, Priti, Gove, Cummins, refugees, brexit.
    I finally snapped and told her I wasn't interested and it's boring. Now she's hurt and I feel bad.

Up until a couple of years ago she had zero interest in British politics. I liked it that way.

Honestly, most people's political views bore the pants off me. Unfortunately, my lovely wife is no exception

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 962 ✭✭✭irishblessing

Mrs Beer going on about British politics.
    Boris, Priti, Gove, Cummins, refugees, brexit.
    I finally snapped and told her I wasn't interested and it's boring. Now she's hurt and I feel bad.

Up until a couple of years ago she had zero interest in British politics. I liked it that way.

Honestly, most people's political views bore the pants off me. Unfortunately, my lovely wife is no exception

And I bet your own views are dazzling and valid? :pac:

And I bet your own views are dazzling and valid? :pac:

You'd most likely be wrong.
    Like the vast majority of people, my political views are, really, of little interest to the vast majority of people. They are neither creative or unusual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭AdrianBalboa

Really need to shift 2 and half stone but it's just not happening, if anything I'm gaining more weight. Looks like the fat gene that runs in women on both sides of my family has hit me before I hit my thirties. :(

It’s not because of genetics, you’re still eating too much. Maybe that sounds harsh but it’s the truth.

If you’re not getting any professional help in this matter you should consider it.

Or maybe if she's exercising the weight isn't dropping because muscle is replacing fat tissue, and muscle weighs more than fat.

It’s not because of genetics, you’re still eating too much. Maybe that sounds harsh but it’s the truth.

If you’re not getting any professional help in this matter you should consider it.

It's just ridiculous to say that genetics play no part in body shape.

• Advertisement

Give it time :) I would recommend measuring and not step up on the weighing scales as much. As already mentioned muscle weighs more than fat. I find I don't lose a lot of weight on the scales, but will gradually notice a difference in how my clothes fit. I have the same genetic disposition and have been putting in a big effort since May to get fitter, getting there slowly :)

TA I can't decide what to have for lunch

^^^^^
    This post is my TA....boooooo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭AdrianBalboa

It's just ridiculous to say that genetics play no part in body shape.

People aren’t overweight because of their genetics, it’s because they eat too much.

They might have increased appetites due to genetics but gaining weight only comes from overeating. Nothing else.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

AdrianBalboa take a week off this thread, how many times do we have to go through this about discussing other people's TAs.

Not trivial but a pain in the **** - my elderly dad has just tested positive for COVID-19.

He’s largely asymptomatic but it’s a worry.

Give it time :) I would recommend measuring and not step up on the weighing scales as much. As already mentioned muscle weighs more than fat. I find I don't lose a lot of weight on the scales, but will gradually notice a difference in how my clothes fit. I have the same genetic disposition and have been putting in a big effort since May to get fitter, getting there slowly :)

TA I can't decide what to have for lunch

Thanks for that Eskie.

I think my issue is that I was always super skinny but now I have a massive belly on me (with very skinny legs and arms) so you can imagine what I look like. When my mom passed away 5 years ago I went mad on the comfort eating and my weight was creeping up slowly but I brushed it off as something I can easily rectify the following year.

Maybe I'm being overreacting with wanting to lose 2 and half stone as that will take me to 8 stone. We'll see, I really like the approach of one of class instructors in the gym I signed up to, so I might ask her about PT so I can get some help on really targeting my stomach.

Gervais08 wrote: »
    Not trivial but a pain in the **** - my elderly dad has just tested positive for COVID-19.

He’s largely asymptomatic but it’s a worry.

Hope your dad recovers quickly Gervais.

Hope your dad recovers quickly Gervais.

Thank you kindly!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,443 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Finishing a show you loved on Netflix and now you feel a void in your life :(

I've been watching Hannibal for MONTHS (I don't watch much TV so it takes me an age to get through anything). Was down to the last two episodes, finished work at a reasonable hour on Wednesday and the dog was gone to my sister for the week so I had no evening walks to do, had the dinner made so ate nice and early (for me!), went up and had a lovely bath, got into clean pyjamas, came downstairs, lit my candles, settled into the couch, switched on Netflix and.... gonzo. Had completely forgotten that it was only available until September 29th.

Gutted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA some reactions to chrissy teigen losing her baby with john legend. some think its inappropriate and attention seeking for them to be going so public with their news.

if i were in their situation, just lost a child and sharing the news as they did, and someone came up to me in the street and told me something like what im seeing on social media in response to their grief, i would simply not be held responsible for what i would inflict on that person.

regardless of your view of the couple themselves, they are perfectly entitled to grieve as they see fit and hopefully help others process it all through sharing their grief.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement