Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tyre recommendation for Navara.

• 30-10-2011 10:25pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As per title looking for a few recommendations. This might sound "naff", but i have had a few jeeps over the years, but always changed the jeep before the tyres were due for changing.

I have a 2007 Navara now. Was told Copper AT-80s are a good tyre. Looking for a other types that would suit as a road tyre, for the occassional bit of off roading, and can deal with the cold weather that we are bound to get so snow/ice, etc. Off road being fields, dirt roads. Nothing serious.

Any help appreciated.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭ubs69

bfg all terrain from brendan brady arklow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

I'm going to have to merge all these tyre threads or make a sticky :rolleyes:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056416440
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056424315
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056408700

Everyone here will recommend BF Goodrich All Terrains, legendary mileage ;) Cooper AT, General Grabber and Goodyear are all also good, you get what you pay for basically and as ubs69 is pointing out, Irish suppliers are getting competitive with the mail order suppliers now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

As just stated... BFG AT's all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭berettaman

Ezridax, i am in same boat. Just got a 2007 Navara 10 days ago(Just in time for pheasant season!). Rear tyres shocking. Hankook ATM? on the front. Did all the research I could and all signs poinf to BFG All terrains..Just need to find best place in south east to pick them up. Thanks to UBS69 for the arklow source.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

Got BFG AT's @ €150 per tyre a couple of weeks ago (fitted and balanced) at Naas tyres.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

101sean wrote: »
    I'm going to have to merge all these tyre threads or make a sticky :rolleyes:

Apologies. Laziness has a lot to answer for.:o

Thanks to all for the recommendations. I have tried online stores, delivered, collected, fitted, etc. Getting varying prices from €185 - €215 per tyre. Those prices seem quite good and wouldn't mind traveling to save a few quid.

I had a second set of alloys, so the tyres/wheels on her are the originals from new. They are still legal, but would like to change them shortly as its going to be needed, and i'd sooner do it before the bad weather sets in. Peace of mind and all that.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

@Ezridax
    if your going to Naas (im in Portlaoise)
    see what kind of deal they would do for 2 sets of
    BF Goodrich AT
    looking to get new tyres myself 265/70/16
    maybe they would lower the price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭ubs69

be careful with ordering online if your tyre is not in they send you next best thing ,nice to see what your getting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

ubs69 wrote: »
    be careful with ordering online if your tyre is not in they send you next best thing ,nice to see what your getting
    Not with any reputable online tyre dealer. You buy online and you enter into a contract for them to supply the tyres.
    If they are out of stock they don't send triangles for the same price as BFG!
    If they do, you refuse to accept them from the courier.
    I have never had a problem and I have ordered lots of tyres online.
    That said, tyre dealers here have become a lot more competitive recently.
    If you want a unusual tyre or type online is still best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Xpro

Lads Michelin All Terrain 4x4.
    It has to be the best 4x4 tyre on the market, it lasts and lasts for ages, grip is excellent, snow ,wet or dry.
    I work in the motor trade and have seen plenty of 4x4 tyres, and i personaly dont think theres any tyre out there that will beat it.
    Bf goodridge are good tyres, but not comfy on the road and they do wear more.

michelin_cross_terrain_suv_1.jpg

• Advertisement

Price though, Michelins in big sizes can be expensive. Land Rover and others go through phases as fitting them as OE. You do get what you pay for though and don't come much better.

BFGs still remain first choice with loads I know but there's no harm in keeping an eye on what's available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Michelin own BFG, they bought them in 88.
    Very hard to get the all terrain Michelins here, they aren't common and aren't cheap if you can get them.
    Camskill don't list them, nor Delti or Tyres-pneus.
    If those guys don't have them then I don't know where else you would get them at reasonable prices.
    I don't doubt that they are good but does the hassle of getting a set justify it when the BFG are available everywhere and are reknowned for their longevity and performance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

Xpro wrote: »
    Bf goodridge are good tyres, but not comfy on the road and they do wear more.

Xpro,

You've just destroyed any cred you may have had there, BFG AT's are famous for long life... its one of their biggest selling traits, and they are silent on tarmac.

Michelins are good, their XC was the dogs b*llocks and is still a formidible tyre, just a tad (ie hugely) expensive. That was their downfall.

Users have moved on, you should do the same...
    <SNIP>

Fishtits

I'll do the moderating if you don't mind!

Also could posters remember to delete IMG links out of quoted text.

Thanks

Advertisement