Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭sporina

oh - i didn't get the joke.. shouldn't it be something more neutral/general? ie: trans "gender", gender being either male/female.. whereas "slender" is a specific type of body shape.. thats why I didn't get it anyway.. didn't make sense to me.. but I get it now.. (googled it)

was buying tickets for a gig today and a song by the band in question came on the radio at the same time lol .. woo hoo.. a good omen.. made me giggle

• Registered Users Posts: 48 porkmaster

Big Dairy pushing their lactose agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,220 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Was half humming and badly half singing a song. Then I randomly changed the dial on radio (old dial type radio) then turned it on.

It was the same song I was humming/singing a few seconds previously! What are the odds? Made me laugh anyway.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I found out that the little stray cat that I've been feeding has kittens in the haybarn next door. That explains why she's at my house three times a day. Clever little thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

The coffee at Cork Coffee Roasters was really good today.

Also this week it was finally warm enough to comfortably play soccer in shorts and a t-shirt for the first time this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Best blood test result in six years

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Birdsong. It's so intense and beautiful it'd make you dizzy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Yesterday was dog's first day back at daycare after his diagnosis, his spirits are so much higher and sleeping off the tiredness of catching up with his buds, instead of the horrible cancer exhaustion he was showing before he went back.

Th2 I can play "healing" music in the background and he'll take it all in as he's relaxed and healthy tired.

Post edited by Bredabe on

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Nature is bursting with life at the minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,357 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Liverpool are inthe FA cup final today. Brings me back to when I was young

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Goodigal

A fab stretchy beach yoga and then a quick dip afterwards at beautiful Portmarnock this morning. Set me up for the day!

Today is the last day of the working week for me. Fookin delighted 🙌

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Watched about 30 minutes of the Giro d’Italia right now…the scenery between Parma and Genoa is otherworldly spectacular…. Im missing Italy and haven’t been to that region since 2013… so my trip bucket list is expanding…. Think we’ll rent a car if possible next time around….

Watching ITV news about the heartache for rangers fans last night against Frankfurt 😛😛😛😛

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭petronius

When you're having a cuppa and a kit kat, and the Kit Kat is fingers are all chocolate...

Off til Tuesday and a night of great craic planned for tonight 🙌

The weekend finally …..

going to start it on the right note with an enjoyable Friday… Gym, takeaway and vegging in front of the rugby…

Woe betide any fucker(s) who would attempt to disrupt my pure enjoyment of the next could days,

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

They're well hidden behind bales.

I'm half afraid she's going to march them across the field to me one of these days. I don't mind feeding strays, but don't want a houseful of cats.

• Advertisement

That's exactly what happened me when I was young. It ended up her carrying 1 on me 2. Several times 😡

That I had the foresight to book tomorrow off. Hallelujah! 🙌

Scrolling through TikTok and found a video of a fella giving golfing instructions/coaching… a big lad , very overweight in fact who saw the funny side of it and had named himself…… ‘heavy Ballesteros’

• Registered Users Posts: 12,103 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I have to have my driving assessed every two years for my job and this morning was that time again.

All good and got complimented on my driving.

A nice cup of tae, tomorrow's Friday and the weather's promised good for the weekend 🙌

• Registered Users Posts: 12,103 ✭✭✭✭blade1

What a beautiful start to the weekend out there!

Pegging out some washing this am, spotted a juvenile fox sunbathing in next door's garden.

His/her coat is changing so I assume a few months old but moving well and smart enough to find houses that are empty for a while during a warmish day.

Th I think I've figured out where the food that went missing from the house went lol.

Browsing in a supermarket last night, out of the side of my eye I spotted yellow stickers and counted three sets of sausage burgers that were substantially marked down.

While I'm not a meat eater I like to have something meaty on sundays, so I bought them for that, 60c for the protene component of my sunday dinner. Th there was two pks left for ppl on a more restricted budget that I am.

• Advertisement

Advertisement