Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,064 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

yeppydeppy wrote: »
    Because it's eir - they are woeful to deal with. I've a sim only monthly contract from virgin and it's only €16/month.
    A saving of €6/month isn't worth it to move to eir.

Virgin is on the 3 network. Worst network in Ireland by far, that's including eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭redlead

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Virgin is on the 3 network. Worst network in Ireland by far, that's including eir.

All this good network, bad network talk is nonsense. I switched to tesco mobile a couple of years ago (three network) after being with Vodafone for 10 years and I notice absolutely no difference. I pretty much always have good reception and 4g no matter where I go.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

redlead wrote: »
    All this good network, bad network talk is nonsense. I switched to tesco mobile a couple of years ago (three network) after being with Vodafone for 10 years and I notice absolutely no difference. I pretty much always have good reception and 4g no matter where I go.

When you moved it would have been O2 which I believe we're one of the best....

Three took over I found the quality wasn't as good and then Tesco couldn't get onto 4g for quite some time....

I've been with Vodafone myself quite some time and found them very good so I do hope GoMo will be not far off as otherwise it may have to be a move back...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

When you moved it would have been O2 which I believe we're one of the best....

Three took over I found the quality wasn't as good and then Tesco couldn't get onto 4g for quite some time....

I've been with Vodafone myself quite some time and found them very good so I do hope GoMo will be not far off as otherwise it may have to be a move back...

Vodafone are better. I have dual SIM, Vodafone for work, GoMo for private. The thing about data on mobile networks is the most expensive will always be the best as less use it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭paddy19

" The thing about data on mobile networks is the most expensive will always be the best as less use it !"

That's a pretty large statement.

Surely there are a whole series of variables that define the quality of a network.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

It’s the campaign’s delivery method of “intervals” that kills you

paddy19 wrote: »
    " The thing about data on mobile networks is the most expensive will always be the best as less use it !"

That's a pretty large statement.

Surely there are a whole series of variables that define the quality of a network.

True but I'm taking about overall, nationwide. The three data network is in tatters in lots of areas due to their all you can eat data packages whereas Vodafone who don't do ayce packages generally performs better. We use Vodafone for work because it's better than the others, moved to it from three which has become a disaster in some areas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

I rarely watch live TV

:rolleyes:

davo2001 wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

I've still not seen their ads and I've not bothered to watch the video in the op. The only channel that's been watched on my satellite box in the last 2 weeks is CITV :-)

Edit, I lie, I watched the rugby on ITV

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

What's the coverage like?

🙈🙉🙊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

Psychlops wrote: »
    Are those advertisements on tv quite possibly the most annoying ever?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wHpxC0bYHI

Tacky & cringe all in one.

Actually I like the ads. :D
    I ordered my SIM last Thursday night but haven't got it yet. Do they send out a text/email saying when to expect it.
    Got an email yesterday telling me my account number. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Bobblehats wrote: »
    Same sh!t different product

This is definately the best ad for fizzy drink I've ever seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMXwFlp9IoI

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

What's the craic with this? Heard you have to provide ID to get the SIM. That true?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

What are the chances of it turning out to be more expensive with time?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

What's the craic with this? Heard you have to provide ID to get the SIM. That true?

No. I am using it and never had to provide any ID

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

No. I am using it and never had to provide any ID

Sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Its owned by eir so the signal , coverage should be the same as the eir network,
    you can transfer your existing no.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

That depends on how much dealings you expect to have with them. I changed from 48 where I never once needed to contact their customer support in the 4 years I was with them and so far so good with GoMo

I was with Eir mobile for about six years and never needed to contact them in that time. Then I moved house and couldnt get any signal so had to move network. Took me the best part of three weeks and about 20+ phone calls to actually cancel my account. Eir are absolutely woeful on customer service, you literally cannot get through to them when you need to. The 9.99 is a good offer but if you need to contact them be prepared to pull your hair out.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

What's the coverage like?

Same as Eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 the5th

Has anyone had any success setting up voicemail with a ported number? The mailbox setup keeps telling me both the 085 number and my ported number are invalid...
    Tried emailing GoMo "support" but..... lol. You don't get mobile for a tenner a month without cutting some corners!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

the5th wrote: »
    Tried emailing GoMo "support" but..... lol. You don't get mobile for a tenner a month without cutting some corners!

yeah I think thats pretty much what this offer is, pay them a tenner a month but dont dare to bother them for technical support

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Phaedrus1

GoMo support is non existent - Ive been left more than FOUR days without my number because they ported me to someone else's number and GoMo wont respond to tweets or mails (sent three).

GoMo (no) Support -- 100% USELESS !

Be warned - they offer NO support !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Phaedrus1 wrote: »
    GoMo support is non existent - Ive been left more than FOUR days without my number because they ported me to someone else's number and GoMo wont respond to tweets or mails (sent three).

GoMo (no) Support -- 100% USELESS !

Be warned - they offer NO support !

That doesn't surprise me. Telecom Eireann support is useless too though but at least after 20 mins on hold you get to talk to someone who can do feck all for you

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mr rebel

My 24 month contract with Vodafone is ending next month and I’m extremely tempted to switch but this offer just seems too good to be true.
    However, I’ve been happy with Vodafone’s coverage and especially abroad, I always have great coverage from them so I don’t know if it would be worth switching in the long term, especially as Vodafone have boosted their 15GB a month data allowance to 30GB for my current price plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

it,s not too good to be true,
    they want to get more customer,s ,
    So they are offering a great deal,80 gig data.
    Calls to all networks for good price.
    They way they can do this ,is gomo has no shop,s .
    its all done online .
    the coverage is the same as eir.
    Most people are on a network, maybe they have a contract,
    so they will not switch unless the new service is cheaper and provide,s
    a larger data allowance.
    telecom eireann is now called eircom .
    i think eircom owns eir the mobile phone company .

it,s like banks , most people just have one bank account ,they will not switch to another bank unless they have a good reason to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,291 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That doesn't surprise me. Telecom Eireann support is useless too though but at least after 20 mins on hold you get to talk to someone who can do feck all for you

Telecom Eireann ceased operations 20 years ago so being on hold for 20 minutes isn't bad at all really.

The French man who owns Eir now should get a medal for being able to get a defunct company to answer calls even after 20 minutes on hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,747 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Telecom Eireann ceased operations 20 years ago so being on hold for 20 minutes isn't bad at all really.

The French man who owns Eir now should get a medal for being able to get a defunct company to answer calls even after 20 minutes on hold.

It's just Telecom Éireann in a new suit of clothes. Same surly employees and mindset though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

It's just Telecom Éireann in a new suit of clothes. Same surly employees and mindset though.

most telecom eireann staff would be gone now, many were near retirement as the company was floated, the company has been gradually asset stripped since this flotation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Ported last week with no problems at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Montis

Got my sim yesterday, popped it in, immediately worked. Ported my number, took about an hour, that worked well too.

Network performance seems good, especially compared to trashy ol' Lycamobile that I had before.
    Definitely a good decision so far for me. We'll see what the future brings.

Advertisement