Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

Montis wrote: »
    Got my sim yesterday, popped it in, immediately worked. Ported my number, took about an hour, that worked well too.

Network performance seems good, especially compared to trashy ol' Lycamobile that I had before.
    Definitely a good decision so far for me. We'll see what the future brings.

I came from Lyca too. Ara it wasn't that bad although GoMo is far superior and cheaper :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Montis

lighthouse wrote: »
    I came from Lyca too. Ara it wasn't that bad although GoMo is far superior and cheaper :D
    I don't know, with Lyca my mobile internet randomly stopped working for hours or even days. And the connection quality also wasn't that great, although most of the time enough for what I used it for. Anyway, I agree that GoMo is defo superior.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,347 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

I've been on 48 months for a few years.
    I don't think I'll be changing over

Montis wrote: »
    I don't know, with Lyca my mobile internet randomly stopped working for hours or even days. And the connection quality also wasn't that great, although most of the time enough for what I used it for. Anyway, I agree that GoMo is defo superior.

My internet in Lyca used to cut out for a few minutes at a time although most of the time it was fine. It disappeared for a few days last month and I rang them up and they said there was no network issue. I used to find phone calls would fade away and come back but I accepted all this because I wasn't paying much.
    Delighted I made the move to GoMo. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Andreas77

I knew a girl several years ago who would get very very angry if she discovered my mobile phone anywhere near her body or head when she woke up in the morning,. She had become convinced from reading conspiratorial websites that magnetic waves (or some other such electromagnetic radiation) would effect her thinking or give her brain damage. I laughed at time (I was laughing anyway, as I enjoyed to listen to humorous podcasts at night before sleep), and she would often wake up with my mobile phone close to her face resting on the pillow beside. But actually, in the intervening years, I have had several experiences which lead me to believe there is some truth in her thoughts on this matter. (For example, I observed sophisticated robotic devices, hovering in living room, observing me (somewhat disinterestedly) (actually in ancient Greece there were demons classified by exactly this, the ability to enter your home, invisible to normal perception, keeping watch for sinister or unknown ends), unusual movements of artificial light directed with full autonomy as they sweep the area, and also I became aware that they were trying to influence people's behavior, subtly, by spreading personality types and general behavioral trends through some sort of hidden psychic network, thereby encouraging language which lowers the dignity of formal or serious speech, or thinking.
    I was aware of one strain which was almost Rastafarian, and I was submerged in this unit for a while, but in fact it could be anything, for example, they could encourage sexual and misogynistic rumination, a limited role as a pretty little housewife, in any case, they will try to thwart human development by trapping people in primitive roleplays and conventions, by virtue of very limiting vocabulary and jargon, which, once repeated so often, works like magical spell. I will explain further at a later date.
    I have also applied for the GoMo sim, but I don't know yet whether I will choose a new number, or keep my own, as the current one is difficult to remember and the new one provided by GoMo might be more 'snazzy' (better recall). I still didn't get my sim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Andreas77 wrote: »
    I knew a girl several years ago who would get very very angry if she discovered my mobile phone anywhere near her body or head when she woke up in the morning,. She had become convinced from reading conspiratorial websites that magnetic waves (or some other such electromagnetic radiation) would effect her thinking or give her brain damage. I laughed at time (I was laughing anyway, as I enjoyed to listen to humorous podcasts at night before sleep), and she would often wake up with my mobile phone close to her face resting on the pillow beside. But actually, in the intervening years, I have had several experiences which lead me to believe there is some truth in her thoughts on this matter. (For example, I observed sophisticated robotic devices, hovering in living room, observing me (somewhat disinterestedly) (actually in ancient Greece there were demons classified by exactly this, the ability to enter your home, invisible to normal perception, keeping watch for sinister or unknown ends), unusual movements of artificial light directed with full autonomy as they sweep the area, and also I became aware that they were trying to influence people's behavior, subtly, by spreading personality types and general behavioral trends through some sort of hidden psychic network, thereby encouraging language which lowers the dignity of formal or serious speech, or thinking.
    I was aware of one strain which was almost Rastafarian, and I was submerged in this unit for a while, but in fact it could be anything, for example, they could encourage sexual and misogynistic rumination, a limited role as a pretty little housewife, in any case, they will try to thwart human development by trapping people in primitive roleplays and conventions, by virtue of very limiting vocabulary and jargon, which, once repeated so often, works like magical spell. I will explain further at a later date.
    I have also applied for the GoMo sim, but I don't know yet whether I will choose a new number, or keep my own, as the current one is difficult to remember and the new one provided by GoMo might be more 'snazzy' (better recall). I still didn't get my sim.

Wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,837 ✭✭✭statto25

Andreas77 wrote: »

Ehhhhhhhh....Ok then!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭pistolero

Hi - major issue here. Requested keep number. Service cutoff by VODA but number did not port. Stuck with SIM number. Contacted GOMO usual wait for whatever. Contacted as many of my very important contacts to tell them I was temporally on a GOMO number. I am an emergency contact for an elderly parent. Waited to customary three day and got the happy message from GOMO - all sorted- guess what -ported me to the wrong number. Now no-one can contact me. In addition someone else's privacy is been tramped on. I am getting their calls and messages. Please someone - sort this out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭This is it

pistolero wrote: »
    Hi - major issue here. Requested keep number. Service cutoff by VODA but number did not port. Stuck with SIM number. Contacted GOMO usual wait for whatever. Contacted as many of my very important contacts to tell them I was temporally on a GOMO number. I am an emergency contact for an elderly parent. Waited to customary three day and got the happy message from GOMO - all sorted- guess what -ported me to the wrong number. Now no-one can contact me. In addition someone else's privacy is been tramped on. I am getting their calls and messages. Please someone - sort this out.

I don't think anyone on After Hours can help you...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Qrt

This is it wrote: »
    I don't think anyone on After Hours can help you...

I for one welcome our new GoMo overlords.

• Advertisement

Id recommend blasting the SIM with bodily fluids...that should sort it

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Montis

statto25 wrote: »
    Id recommend blasting the SIM with bodily fluids...that should short it
    FTFY

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭pistolero

Hi, thought I posted this on a GoMo thread??

Hi, thought I posted this on a GoMo thread??

This is after hours...you'll get no proper help here and in any case the only people who can help you are GoMo...or comreg

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭chuck eastwood

Bloody hell how comreg gave this operation the go ahead is beyond me. Privacy issues galore with people being given other people's numbers. People left without service for days. It's farcical and now the website is down.

Bloody hell how comreg gave this operation the go ahead is beyond me. Privacy issues galore with people being given other people's numbers. People left without service for days. It's farcical and now the website is down.

Back now.

What rhymes with GoMo....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭This is it

Ho no?

Why do you want to know that? Are you at a table quiz?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

No no

No no no no

No no no no there’s no service!

Tekno tekno tekno tekno :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

FOMO...

Not your ornery onager

lighthouse wrote: »
    Why do you want to know that? Are you at a table quiz?

It's after hours, I wanted a little bit of a laugh to be honest but sorry Mr fun police....

It's after hours, I wanted a little bit of a laugh to be honest but sorry Mr fun police....

How did you know my real name? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

You get what you pay for

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Bucko

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Qrt

Homo?

You get what you pay for

That's not what he paid for.

Qrt wrote: »
    Homo?

Wasn't sure if that would be allowed.... But delighted someone said it.

Folks how long did it take to get your SIM from placing the online order

• Advertisement

Folks how long did it take to get your SIM from placing the online order

Some were 2 or 3 days I was around 11 days I believe.

It's slow due to uptake.

It didn't bother me at all.

Advertisement