Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Definitive Limerick Restaurant and Takeaway Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

So what would people say is the best evening restaurant in Limerick?

I would probably put Freddy's number 1 myself.

Everyone is going to have a different opinion, mine would be LaPiccola

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Mc Love wrote: »

Best restaurant in Limerick?

Ahead of The Treasury, Cornstore, Hamptons, Azur, Freddy's?

La Piccola is pretty good but hardly in the A league ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

zulutango wrote: »
    Best restaurant in Limerick?

Ahead of ... Cornstore, Hamptons, ...?

burrrnnnn. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

The Treasury or the French Table for me. Quite like Azur too but it seems to get mixed reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

The Treasury by a mile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Tefral

So what would people say is the best evening restaurant in Limerick?

I would probably put Freddy's number 1 myself.

I would have said so maybe a couple of years ago, its definitely gone down hill over the years. Now i mean that its probably one of the best restaurants around, but i would put both the French table and The Treasury above it now, and i say that as one of Freddys biggest supporters.

I just think its living off its name and the go the extra bit part is now missing

burrrnnnn. :o

Care to offer your opinion?

LaPiccola is my favourite restaurant in town, so of course, I'm going to put it at the top of my list.

I have heard good things about the treasury, but havent been.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

LaPiccola is my favourite restaurant in town, so of course, I'm going to put it at the top of my list.

Does they have a better microwave than the one out in Castletroy.
    La Piccola is fine but couldn't be considered among the best restaurants in Limerick.

I'm not knocking your choice at all - I'm say zulutango inadvertently (perhaps haha) delivered serious burn by putting someones first choice in Limerick behind those other two restaurants.

They're fine like, maybe I'm just getting old - there's fewer and fewer places I can eat without getting indigestion afterwards.

My choice... I'm outta my depth here in the midst of the microwave ecumenical debate tbh.

FWIW I do enjoy La Cucina, it's tasty and the quality seems better than many options - no indigestion from there at least!

Does they have a better microwave than the one out in Castletroy.
    La Piccola is fine but couldn't be considered among the best restaurants in Limerick.

In your opinion of course and thats what was asked. I said the same, everyone is going to have their opinion on which is the best place to eat.

LaCucina Centro might be a game changer when it opens in terms of dining. I dont think it's going to be formal but it promises to be an exciting addition to the city centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,151 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Donkey Fords :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Taikichi would be my choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭moby2101

My 2 cents!
    French Table
    Treasury
    Hamptons ( .. I know but if ya want a steak or losbster you can't beat it for quality and price)
    Freddys
    Cornstore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

French table and Freddies are my two favourites. Hamptons and cornstore are next up for me for evening meals haven't tried the Treasury yet but have heard good things.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Why hasn't The Treasury (or their landlord) fixed the railing outside the restaurant yet? It looks bloody awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

Treasury, only once but was very nice.
    Freddies, lots of times and zero complaints.
    French table, again just the once, very nice
    Cornstore...fine
    Hamptons...fine
    Azur...never a bad meal, fine.

Blown away, 1826, twice, and both times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Has anyone tried the Canteen Asian place in the Parkway?

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 23,781 ✭✭✭✭phog

h3000 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the Canteen Asian place in the Parkway?

Camile?

Been there a few times, it's OK, adding any extras can make it a tad expensive. No inside door on your left can have you sitting/eating in the cold.

Their free whipped ice cream is too icy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

phog wrote: »
    Camile?

Been there a few times, it's OK, adding any extras can make it a tad expensive. No inside door on your left can have you sitting/eating in the cold.

No there's a place called canteen in beside O'Brien's in the Parkway. Never tried it and honestly have never come across anyone who has.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

phog wrote: »
    Camile?

The ice cream is icy alright but I love it, perfect for my tastes anyway.
    I've been there a few times and love it, their fried potatoes with chili are to die for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

There's a new Italian fish and chip takeaway in Patrickswell. It's quite nice. The fresh fish was to die for.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Sun King

Madam Mok. (Replacement for Akasaka)

Signed in after a significant absence from boards to write this.

DO NOT EAT HERE.

It was the single most depressing meal I've ever eaten. Bland chicken main, pathetic satay starter and microwaved 'fried' rice.

Best tasting item was the Coke.

0/10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭moby2101

I've always been a big fan of the French Table , we had dinner there last night and it was quite poor.
    Starters were excellent, but both mine and wife's mains were poor, said as much to the staff when paying...
    We'll go back but it was disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭yogalady

Was in the cream room indian restaurant at the South court Hotel last night. Wasn't expecting much but it was amazing! The food, decor and service was faultless. We used a dealrush voucher which is still on. I'd highly recommend and can't wait to go back. Definitely worth a visit

Thumbs up for two limerick businesses that I haven't been to for a while.

Papa'z bistro Denmark street. Amazing chicken tasty as ever. The "beefstormer" was new to me but it is awesome. Try it if you are up to it.

Copper and spice annacotty. I usually like spicy curries but their makhani chicken is so good I don't even miss the chilli.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,787 ✭✭✭893bet

Had three courses in Crokers on sunday!

Pretty good value at around 20 euro (had a half portion for main as the portions are huge).

The tiramisu was among the best I every had!

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭yogalady

was in da vincenzo's tonight, the italian restaurant in the george. Service was terrible, staff were all of the place in that one didn't know what other was doing, food all arrived at different times. Food was very average. Wont be back. Was very disappointed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

Surprised to hear that, I've been there a few times and it was top notch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭bennyl10

In Davincenzos? Service not right?
    Don't believe that TBH., I've heard a complain or two about the place, but the one thing every single persons comments on is the service?!!

Really surprised by that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

I'm not a fan of DaVincenzos either. Only there the once, but the pizzas were very greasy. Couldn't understand the positive press it was getting.

Went to La Cuchina in town yesterday and was very impressed with the food and service.

Advertisement