Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Definitive Limerick Restaurant and Takeaway Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭bennyl10

sioda wrote: »
    Have to disagree Benny overpriced and nothing special and the worst coffee on that street

Ah really?
    Have the coffee above the place across the road.. Awful tripe..

Got the rocky road donut and really enjoyed it, fluffy and nice..

Don't think a 5er for donut and coffee is overpriced either?..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭sioda

Compare it to a bun from bean a ti and a coffee same price if not cheaper and better on both counts

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

Funky Donut

was charged €3.50 for a small cappuccino yesterday ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

philstar wrote: »
    Funky Donut

Jasus, now that is a rip-off! I'm all for supporting local, indigenous businesses by paying slightly more for a product which you can get cheaper elsewhere but won't be visiting funky donut if that price is true!

^^^^^^^^^^

its 100% true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The muffin in Bean a Ti is 2 euro - I think that Funky Donut should do their donuts for the same price for what is half the size of the muffin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Garry123

Mc Love wrote: »
    The muffin in Bean a Ti is 2 euro - I think that Funky Donut should do their donuts for the same price for what is half the size of the muffin

I think Guinness should be sold for €2 a pint but it ain't going to happen. Different products attract a different customers, some will see better value in Funky Doughnuts than in Bean an Tí.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭bennyl10

philstar wrote: »
    Funky Donut

Was in there today.. Medium is 3.50?...

(Before someone accuses me of working, I work for a competitor :P)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Tuscany bistro opening as part of the new Granary project that was crush 87

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Was in there today.. Medium is 3.50?...

well, its a very small medium

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Got a bag of mini donuts from that funky donut place today. They were practically inedible! Tasted like stale bread...they went in the bin.

How it's so hard to get good donuts in Ireland I don't know!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Pacifico wrote: »
    Got a bag of mini donuts from that funky donut place today. They were practically inedible! Tasted like stale bread...they went in the bin.

How it's so hard to get good donuts in Ireland I don't know!!

I think you're being a bit hard on the place .I like their donuts. I don't drink their coffee but that's because I'm not a coffee drinker .

Speaking of expensive restaurants, and I know it's been mentioned here previously, but La Cucina could really do with revising their prices! I know it is good quality fare, and as the old saying goes - you get what you pay for, but I find it a bit over the top. Got a regular latte and a brownie this morning that came to €6.80....maybe it's just me, but that seems expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

I think you're being a bit hard on the place .I like their donuts. I don't drink their coffee but that's because I'm not a coffee drinker .

I don't drink coffee either! But i would expect a donut place to have better donuts than a supermarket

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭mitresize5

Speaking of expensive restaurants, and I know it's been mentioned here previously, but La Cucina could really do with revising their prices! I know it is good quality fare, and as the old saying goes - you get what you pay for, but I find it a bit over the top. Got a regular latte and a brownie this morning that came to €6.80....maybe it's just me, but that seems expensive.

the most over rated restaurant in Limerick.

Over priced for the most part, the staff can be fair rude and the place is tiny so no comfort if you want to sit in

mitresize5 wrote: »
    the most over rated restaurant in Limerick.

Over priced for the most part, the staff can be fair rude and the place is tiny so no comfort if you want to sit in

Hear people rave about it.They seem very active on twitter woth "foodies" so that often suggests the vibe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

bigpink wrote: »

Hahaha they better be prepared for the Limerick forum FOOOD RAAAAGGGGE unless that porridge they have on their page is less than 80c!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Hear people rave about it.They seem very active on twitter woth "foodies" so that often suggests the vibe

Its hyped to the last - food is ok, place is cramped and was dirty the last time i went there (have not went back since) and the staff are gruff.

I think the owner is good at promoting the place via social media hence the hype.

Parchment wrote: »
    Its hyped to the last - food is ok, place is cramped and was dirty the last time i went there (have not went back since) and the staff are gruff.

I think the owner is good at promoting the place via social media hence the hype.

To be fair, the food is pretty good, just not sure the price is entirely justified. Out of interest, what are the better Italian restaurants around Limerick? Is Tuscany any good? I've heard good things about Da Vincenzo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

To be fair, the food is pretty good, just not sure the price is entirely justified. Out of interest, what are the better Italian restaurants around Limerick? Is Tuscany any good? I've heard good things about Da Vincenzo

Tuscany is still best for my money. Da Vicenzos is fine but I don't get the fuss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Tuscany would be my first choice too. I find them very consistent. I can honestly say I've never had a bad meal there whereas I've found Da Vicenzo can be a bit hit and miss.

Cheers for the feedback lads, we're living about the same distance away from La Cucina as Tuscany, but the default option always seems to be La Cucina...time for a change I think

Tuscany opening as part of the new crush 87 venue
    Not sure how italian and techno will work!

Tuscany opening as part of the new crush 87 venue
    Not sure how italian and techno will work!

What are they hoping to achieve with this re-branding/re-launch? Would have assumed they were going after the student market, but if Tuscany are moving in, it would suggest they are going for something a little more upmarket...

What are they hoping to achieve with this re-branding/re-launch? Would have assumed they were going after the student market, but if Tuscany are moving in, it would suggest they are going for something a little more upmarket...

The plan was up market club and bar but seems to be Tuscany,a techno and house club called habitat and another club called social&co which seems to be the blind pig.There facebook page has changed name.and detaila to michael street

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

... and another club called social&co which seems to be the blind pig.

You mean it's the Blind Pig people opening in a new location?

zulutango wrote: »
    You mean it's the Blind Pig people opening in a new location?

Look at the Blind Pig facebook page has changed irs name to Social&Co with the address Michael street

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

was in Barringtons today and wanted to get some Lunch in Limerick. i scoured the web for ages and didn't come up with much taht I hadn't been at before. for Ireland's 3rd city, Limerick just feels like a big town for food IMO. unless you all have some hidden gems that I didn't see on yelp/tripadvisor.

our burrito lady is gone on holidays so I ended up getting a club sandwich at Cafe Aroma around the corner from her. pretty solid

1O9JjvPl.jpg

Advertisement