Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PlayStation Bargains mk2 (**NO CHAT** Mod edit in post #1).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

The euro prices are cheaper than the sterling prices as somehow Shopto sell ex VAT outside the UK.

I have been trying for last month to buy items, it does not let you checkout at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

dan786 wrote: »
    I have been trying for last month to buy items, it does not let you checkout at all.

I've always had issues with Shopto directly taking my card, but I've never had an issue when paying with PayPal as long as the item can be shipped here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Never had any problem with shopto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭actuar90

Is the 30% PlayStation plus discount on the store at all or only in retailers like GameStop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

actuar90 wrote: »
    Is the 30% PlayStation plus discount on the store at all or only in retailers like GameStop?

Days of Play sale starts on psn store tomorrow so should know by then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,501 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

actuar90 wrote: »

On the store from tomorrow. Was confirmed in original release.

If you're getting it on the store, consider buying a €50 psn card from somewhere like Eneba for ~€43 so you'll get the discount but with essentially free credit. That's what I'm doing for PS Now :)

Days of Play is live on PSN store. PSprices is not fully updated yet

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭bonzothebuzz

Can't see the Days of Play on the store yet, anyone know of where to get cheap Irish top up credit as Instant Gaming are out! Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Not showing on the browser version of the store for me anyway. Was going to get the PSPlus 12 month and maybe GOTY Spider Man.

Plus and Now subscriptions are up on the main page now

• Advertisement

Can't see the Days of Play on the store yet, anyone know of where to get cheap Irish top up credit as Instant Gaming are out! Cheers

Eneba

Thanks, have you used Eneba before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Plus and Now subscriptions are up on the main page now

Cheers, got it there now.

Not sure if i'm being thick here but the days of play applies to some retail stores as well right? wouldn't mind picking up a few games but would rather physical so i can get rid if not to my liking.

I've used them before, never had any issues

I've used them before, never had any issues

Having an issue with payment and haven't gotten codes although they have charged me! have raised a ticket with them now

Yep used them last week :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,904 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Anyone know is ARK survival evolved any good? Its down to 10.99 this week, surely for that its worth a play?

bmorrissey wrote: »
    Anyone know is ARK survival evolved any good? Its down to 10.99 this week, surely for that its worth a play?

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

I was looking for it a couple of weeks ago but wasn't paying €50/60. I'll definitely get it for 10.99

No idea if it's any good but have wanted it for a while.

• Advertisement

are there any other sites for cheap credit, eneba isn't working for me, cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,010 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Went off to read a review, was getting excited and then read:
    In offline single-player, there’s actually an extensive and detailed sort of campaign to follow that will take you to a variety of monster-filled caves to acquire artifacts and summon three challenging bosses. There’s a giant spider queen and a bona-fide fire-breathing dragon!

And that's me out. Shame. Why are these always in games :mad:

Went off to read a review, was getting excited and then read:

And that's me out. Shame. Why are these always in games :mad:

Im just happy to read the words "offline" and "single player" in the same sentence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I got this when it first came out on the Xbox Game Preview and I played nothing but this game for 4 years. So addictive, so much fun
    Me and a friend went from Offical Server to hosted servers when they became available and enjoyed it even more, the community, if you get a good one, are very helpful. I could rant about this game forever. I thankfully was able to stop playing it.
    I'd love to start again but I know that if I do, I'll be right back in there like before with no life other than the Ark life.

I cannot recommend this highly enough. The building mechanics could do with a bit of work, but once you are soaring over the skies in an Argy or Wyvern(Depending on which map you are on) its bliss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,558 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

if you are PC players as well it will be released in the next week on Epic for free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,718 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Skerries wrote: »
    if you are PC players as well it will be released in the next week on Epic for free

Yeah Epic is well dodgy though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,872 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

duploelabs wrote: »

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

duploelabs wrote: »

:rolleyes:

FIFA 20 has to be the quickest download I've ever had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,558 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

because you've downloaded most of the game last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

FIFA 20 has to be the quickest download I've ever had.

How long did it take for you? It’s still going on mine about 5 hours later but Battlefront 2 is chewing the grass alongside it with its ridiculous 115GB download :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

With all the sales going on at the moment i was checking the US store and for example Resident Evil 3 and Doom Eternal can be gotten for just under 80 dollars for both.

Both games together for Ireland on the ps store are 85 euro. So if you buy US credit on that Eneba site mentioned you can get 80 dollars for 71 euro. So overall your saving around 14 euro on those two games as just an example.

With all the sales going on at the moment i was checking the US store and for example Resident Evil 3 and Doom Eternal can be gotten for just under 80 dollars for both.

Both games together for Ireland on the ps store are 85 euro. So if you buy US credit on that Eneba site mentioned you can get 80 dollars for 71 euro. So overall your saving around 14 euro on those two games as just an example.

Yeah if buying digital, it's always better to check the other regions. I've accounts for US, Canada, Indonesia and Turkey. Depending on the game one of the regions are alot cheaper than Irish store. Turkey store is handy as it would have same sale as Ireland, only works with a Revolut disposable Virtual Card though.

Here's a good site to compare regional prices between, US, UK, Turkey and Indonesia
    https://psn4.com/

Psprices will also show regional prices for a game

Yeah if buying digital, it's always better to check the other regions. I've accounts for US, Canada, Indonesia and Turkey. Depending on the game one of the regions are alot cheaper than Irish store. Turkey store is handy as it would have same sale as Ireland, only works with a Revolut disposable Virtual Card though.

Here's a good site to compare regional prices between, US, UK, Turkey and Indonesia
    https://psn4.com/

Psprices will also show regional prices for a game

Ya its great that you can setup different regional accounts on one machine. I remember saving a fortune years ago when Dollar was really low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭ronano

Resident evil 3 will last you 5 hours for a first playthrough. Might not suit your situation but I'd buy online sell to cex

ronano wrote: »
    Resident evil 3 will last you 5 hours for a first playthrough. Might not suit your situation but I'd buy online sell to cex

Ya that's the main reason I haven't bought it yet! It's first time it's been reduced on the store so I might wait on it bit longer.
    I just finished 130 odd hours of Persona 5 Royal so most games are gonna feel short now haha.

Doom eternal is main one im keeping eye on at what's tempting me!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Is there anywhere doing a deal on dualshock 4 controllers at the moment? Both of mine have the dreaded stick shift and I've no idea how to fix them. Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,465 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Is there anywhere doing a deal on dualshock 4 controllers at the moment? Both of mine have the dreaded stick shift and I've no idea how to fix them. Cheers

I had this in my controller recently and took an evening to try and fix it and it worked? Bought a kit for taking apart controllers/phones/watches etc on amazon for 20 quid and fixed two controllers with it and I am by no means handy, I have to recite the "Lefty loosey, righty tighty" mantra to myself when I pick up a screwdriver.

Might be worth checking?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Toolset in dealz for 1.50, take it apart and clean it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭CWF

Pigs back had one last week for around 30 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Is there any game price racking websites anymore? I'm sure there I just cant think of any.
    Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

Got FIFA 20 for 10 quid in the sale - decided to give the Volta story a go last night.

1) I can't enter my own name for my character because it keeps telling me there's profanity included?? :confused:
    2) I can't listen to my character speaking without bursting out laughing - he's like someone doing an Ali G impression every time he talks :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,904 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Is there any game price racking websites anymore? I'm sure there I just cant think of any.
    Cheers

Like this?

Psprices.com

ronano wrote: »

Argos have resi 3 for 48.99 i bought it there and after the extremely short (but good) campaign i traded it into CEX for 40.00 only ended up costing me 9 euro for a short game i wont be playing a second time around.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

RedXIV wrote: »
    I had this in my controller recently and took an evening to try and fix it and it worked? Bought a kit for taking apart controllers/phones/watches etc on amazon for 20 quid and fixed two controllers with it and I am by no means handy, I have to recite the "Lefty loosey, righty tighty" mantra to myself when I pick up a screwdriver.

Might be worth checking?

Did you follow any particular youtube video etc. as a guide?

It seems as if they are out of stock everywhere!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,465 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Did you follow any particular youtube video etc. as a guide?

It seems as if they are out of stock everywhere!

The cleaning guide I used was this:

It doesn't cover taking the controller apart so I needed another video for that too which was this one:

hopefully this helps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Ya that's the main reason I haven't bought it yet! It's first time it's been reduced on the store so I might wait on it bit longer.
    I just finished 130 odd hours of Persona 5 Royal so most games are gonna feel short now haha.

Doom eternal is main one im keeping eye on at what's tempting me!

Tempted with Persona, not the biggest fan of turn based combat though.

petes wrote: »
    Tempted with Persona, not the biggest fan of turn based combat though.

One best games I've ever played and I never played a Japanese role play game before this!

I played and finished persona 5 then bought royal and finished that to and to be honest both experiences where unique in there own way.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Like this?

Psprices.com

Not really, Gamestracker I think it was used to show you the game and it's price from loads of different sources, amazon and shopto etc

psprices only seems to show the playstaion and xbox stores prices.
    Maybe I'm missing something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Not really, Gamestracker I think it was used to show you the game and it's price from loads of different sources, amazon and shopto etc

Pricespy used to do it but I believe they stopped a while back.

• Advertisement

Is it http://www.gamecrawler.co.uk/ or https://www.pricerunner.com/t/19/Games

Advertisement