Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation Bargains mk2 (**NO CHAT** Mod edit in post #1).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

So just got back from Cex... sold the copies of "Shantae Half Genie" and "Asterix & Obelix XXl2" for €25 cash.

Nice deal on the €23.48 for the 3 for 2, plus I got "The Persistence" for free in the end.

The games I sold were special editions so had little figurines and art books which I've kept...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

mrcheez wrote: »
    So just got back from Cex... sold the copies of "Shantae Half Genie" and "Asterix & Obelix XXl2" for €25 cash.

Nice deal on the €23.48 for the 3 for 2, plus I got "The Persistence" for free in the end.

The games I sold were special editions so had little figurines and art books which I've kept...

nice work DelBoy!

JimBurnley wrote: »
    nice work DelBoy!

Still seem to be purchasable so maybe a few others could avail of this for the one game they want.

Cex will be wondering what the hell is going on, so ye should do it asap. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭quinnd6

For a games store they have gotten really bad at having games.
    They don't have Yakuza zero, God of War or Horizon Zero Dawn new.
    They just have overpriced used copies.
    I don't like giving out about GameStop because I've gotten some great bargains on games from them in the past but I just think that's ridiculous.
    They're a games store.
    They're some of the most popular games
    Why don't they have any stock?
    Those 10 euro games are ones that don't look too good really. Couldn't find anything I wanted in them.
    It's very poor.
    If that's what black Friday is going to be like in GameStop think I'll forget about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Completely agree. These are for me which is why I won't kick up a fuss this time (as long as they are working). But if advertised as "new" there's no excuse for sending 2nd hand / unsealed, and don't see how they can defend that tbh.

Yeah I'm not having it from them and I've written a complaint to the CCPC about it. It's blatant false advertising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,223 ✭✭✭✭noodler

From working in a games shop, unsealed doesn't necessarily mean used.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,965 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Ordered 3 games from the GameStop list this morning. Got a phone call that they don't have proper cases for 2 of the games so they'll come in blank cases. Was advised that the discs are brand new though.

Not ideal but at around €8 for each game (delivered) I'm not going to complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Jayisplay

Ordered 3 games from the GameStop list this morning. Got a phone call that they don't have proper cases for 2 of the games so they'll come in blank cases. Was advised that the discs are brand new though.

That would be a no for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Unfortunately that can happen from time to time due to some smartass robbing the box from the shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Unfortunately that can happen from time to time due to some smartass robbing the box from the shelf.

Then the games should be taken off the system and scrapped. They're not new.

• Advertisement

Still seem to be purchasable so maybe a few others could avail of this for the one game they want.

Cex will be wondering what the hell is going on, so ye should do it asap. :pac:

out of curiosity I checked what Cex are giving for these games today...

Shantae has dropped to €9 (from €13), and Obelix has dropped to €11 (from €12)

I had a feeling some of the people working there would have read this thread hence why I didn't want to post up what I was selling in advance of visiting the shop.

Just take note if anyone is planning on posting up their intentions in advance of visiting Cex :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,275 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Why do they take the disc out of the box in the first place though ?

dulpit wrote: »
    Why do they take the disc out of the box in the first place though ?

Because of scangers robbing the place?

Do Smyths not do the same thing?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Back on topic please.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Black Friday sale on Irish PSN
    https://psprices.com/region-ie/discounts/?sort=date&platform=PS4&dlc=show&display=table
    Please note that more games will be on sale on the 28th. Also the US PSN store seems to have some games like Days gone, a lot cheaper compared to Irish store

• Registered Users Posts: 29,487 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Black Friday sale on Irish PSN
    https://psprices.com/region-ie/discounts/?sort=date&platform=PS4&dlc=show&display=table
    Please note that more games will be on sale on the 28th. Also the US PSN store seems to have some games like Days gone, a lot cheaper compared to Irish store

Days Gone showing as 40 dollars but their blog said that would be 20 for black Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Days Gone showing as 40 dollars but their blog said that would be 20 for black Friday.

Sale in the US does not go live until 4pm

• Registered Users Posts: 29,487 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Sale in the US does not go live until 4pm

Looks like some games won't be on sale until the 24th that include Days Gone for 20, Spiderman goty edition for 20 and hits like god of war for 10.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/11/21/black-friday-starts-early-at-playstation-store/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Great deals on PSVR titles :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Niska

Does seem very lackluster. And no hardware discounts either (yet).

Hopefully more revealed midweek for next Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

WWE 2K20 down to €35 - Has there been any patches to fix the game? Heard it was a disaster first, but I assume the fixes are so big that it isn't just patches that would fix it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

callaway92 wrote: »
    WWE 2K20 down to €35 - Has there been any patches to fix the game? Heard it was a disaster first, but I assume the fixes are so big that it isn't just patches that would fix it

2 came out. Its still broken but not bad for 35.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

GameStop are selling the RDR2 Pro bundle for €320 for Black Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

Picked up WWE 2k19 for €9.99 in GS

• Registered Users Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

GameStop are selling the RDR2 Pro bundle for €320 for Black Friday.

1 tb ? Is this a good deal ?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

1 tb ? Is this a good deal ?

Great deal for a pro but the normal non pro will go down in price next week to

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

Smyths are selling Anthem for €5 (£5 in the UK). Just picked up a copy, worth a go for the price of a whiskey (surely!)

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/anthem-video-game/anthem-ps4/p/168567

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Smyths are selling Anthem for €5 (£5 in the UK). Just picked up a copy, worth a go for the price of a whiskey (surely!)

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/anthem-video-game/anthem-ps4/p/168567

Not played myself but only heard bad things. Get your money back in CEX to have that whiskey later ;-)

Also, it's free if you have EA Access

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭dcfc91

Looking for the cheapest PS4 Deal for Black Friday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

Not played myself but only heard bad things. Get your money back in CEX to have that whiskey later ;-)

Also, it's free if you have EA Access

Yeah I'm not expecting much, though I heard the actual gunplay & flying is fun. If I get a few hours out of it then I'll be happy.
    I'll probably get EA Access sometime, but there'd be no point at the mo with the backlog I have.

Advertisement