Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The 148th Open at Royal Portrush

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭ABitofsense

Got in. Set your Chrome to incognitio and copy the link in when you click the button. Works straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭LastLagoon

Can someone please PM me a link once you’ve used it?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Chopper83

lads link please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

PM link please not working for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Still no joy, using incognito mode :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Redo91

I go in briefly but it said my log in details were wrong. I reset my password yesterday because I created the account ages ago but said my details were wrong. Had to reset the password again and by the time I tried to get back in I was too late. Hope it doesn't sell out soon.

Was sent on a link from a user here but no use, possibly one time use

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭techdiver

I eventually got in and then it told me I wasn't on the waiting list! WTF!!! :mad:

I am on the waiting list, I received the email FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

I got my tickets through THE ONE CLUB last July.

I'm now getting the following message:

Due to very high levels of website traffic, we apologise that this page is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. We apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.

Is the link people are using from their e-mails beginning with "news"? Mine is and I'm just concerned that there's no mention of tickets in the link itself.

• Advertisement

yup news.theopen.... is my link get the same message now too

no joy with it yet !

Would the practice days be any good? Do most of the field go out and play a full round ? Or would it be hit and miss with many sticking to the range?

Still no joy and I've tried everything. I'm giving up :(

Saw it mentioned on twitter that using a VPN and setting it to outside Europe could work but I'm in work and afraid to chance it on the computers here. Has anyone tried this?

Redo91 wrote: »
    Saw it mentioned on twitter that using a VPN and setting it to outside Europe could work but I'm in work and afraid to chance it on the computers here. Has anyone tried this?

Doesn't make a difference in my opinion. I tried it for sanity sake. I think what is happening is people are trying everything and in some cases they get in co-incidentally at the same time as trying one of those options and attribute their success to that.

Because of the cack handed way they have set this up, it is literally just pot luck that you send a url request at the very instant a resource becomes available from someone else leaving.

If they even implemented a load balanced queuing system this would have been avoided.

techdiver wrote: »
    Doesn't make a difference in my opinion. I tried it for sanity sake. I think what is happening is people are trying everything and in some cases they get in co-incidentally at the same time as trying one of those options and attribute their success to that.

Because of the cack handed way they have set this up, it is literally just pot luck that you send a url request at the very instant a resource becomes available from someone else leaving.

If they even implemented a load balanced queuing system this would have been avoided.

Ya it's a bit of a farce. It seems like people could join the waiting list right up until 10am and there was no difference to their priority over people that have been on it for months.

The format of the message I'm getting now has changed slightly but I don't think that suggests much.

Ya it's a bit of a farce. It seems like people could join the waiting list right up until 10am and there was no difference to their priority over people that have been on it for months.

The format of the message I'm getting now has changed slightly but I don't think that suggests much.

I think they've temporarily pulled the plug on the sale by the looks of things.

Just got in now, only added my name to waiting list this morn. Got in through tickets page on the website, didn’t use email link

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I just got an email from One Club:

We'd like to apologise if you've had issues accessing the page to purchase tickets to The 148th Open at Royal Portrush.

Due to an extraordinary demand and unprecedented visits to the website, we have experienced technical issues during the course of this morning. We are working hard to resolve this and we will continue to keep you updated.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your support of The Open.

The Open Ticket Office

just got in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

LastLagoon wrote: »
    Just got in now, only added my name to waiting list this morn. Got in through tickets page on the website, didn’t use email link

How? The only tickets listed as available there are practice day tickets....

EDIT: I actually found the link on the left! Well spotted.

For anyone else, just log in and go to "Click here to login and buy now" under the ticket waiting list. That's actually some **** up on their part, but I don't care now. Got sorted.

techdiver wrote: »
    LastLagoon wrote: »

How? The only tickets listed as available there are practice day tickets....

EDIT: I actually found the link on the left! Well spotted.

For anyone else, just log in and go to "Click here to login and buy now" under the ticket waiting list. That's actually some **** up on their part, but I don't care now. Got sorted.
    Tried this but it says I’m not on the waiting list when I’ve been on it since the event first sold out.

On another point. Did any of you select e-ticket as your option?

I did, but on my order page it states "This ticket is not printable".

EDIT: Never mind, I received an email stating I will be informed when my tickets are available for download.

Tried this but it says I’m not on the waiting list when I’ve been on it since the event first sold out.

Are you signed in on the page?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Mate bagged a pair of tickets for the Friday so off we go...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

kieran. wrote: »
    Are you signed in on the page?

Yes it has my name at the top of the page when I go into account details. People on twitter mentioned ringing and being put on hold but I'm just getting an engaged tone so no luck there either.

I e-mailed them a few months back and a guy in the ticket office even said I was on the waiting list and a One Club member. I'm absolutely fuming. Trying to register for the waiting list again now but it doesn't work. An icon appears to be loading when I click submit but ultimately nothing happens.

Could someone post on here the number they used? No idea why I am not getting the proper number and just getting disconnected rather than being put on hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Chopper83

Got sorted with 2 for the Saturday, finally!

chanced my arm and popped back on just after lunch and managed to get 6 tickets for Friday! Delighted! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭WillyWonka

Where is this magic link?

I've tried https://www.theopen.com/2019ticketswaitinglist/
    https://www.theopen.com/tickets
    and the email link

none provide any link to actually purchase for me...?

• Advertisement

WillyWonka wrote: »
    Where is this magic link?

I've tried https://www.theopen.com/2019ticketswaitinglist/
    https://www.theopen.com/tickets
    and the email link

none provide any link to actually purchase for me...?

I just logged into the one club to get them in the end.

Advertisement