Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭dzer2

Was at the comer boro game really poor quality. Along with Kenny Murphy from comer was alright. The standard of hand passing was abysmal. Boro nearly got caught twice with the short puck out. Comer should have had a penalty. They missed 6 frees at least 4 should have been scored. Hopefully the games today are better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭brookville

Enjoyable match outin gowran i thought a draw would of being a fair result both teams guilty of some poor shooting.
    Liam blanchfield started the game very well clara got to grips with him but he was very good in the 2nd half scoring a goal in either half the second was a lovely strike.
    James bergin and james nolan got the clara goals the 3rd one a long free from bergin getting a touch to the net.bergin is a good foward and should of had another goal.
    Jason cleere scored a well struck penalty after a high tackle on liam.
    Jason hit a lot a ball bolger done some nice things but went in and out of it.John murphy caught the eye in the first half.lester drove a few bad wides.Both teams have a few to come back and will be happy enough with the way they are going.Ciarian brennan is a help to the bridge.
    Colin very good for the shamrocks again he is great form at he monent hopefully he can bring that to kk in a few weeks.I know its only club but he is showing a bit of consistency.Adrian went off with a groin leg problem.Darren mullen was center back.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭The_Ghost

Anyone here know what happened with Eoin Murphy? Heard he got a bad injury?

The_Ghost wrote: »
    Stretchered off is all i heard hopefully he'll be ok

The_Ghost wrote: »
    I was talking to a lad who was at the match he said it looked like a leg injury and going for a scan tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Village87

Very poor result for James Stephens v Mullinavat. We will find it hard to avoid the relegation semi finals at this rate with Shamrocks, OLG & Clara left to play. We have 3 players on the senior panel at the moment and are not really doing it for the club. Cody dismissed John Walsh very quickly going on his form the weekend and is a very good hurler this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Anyone got full results?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭me89

brookville wrote: »
    I was talking to a lad who was at the match he said it looked like a leg injury and going for a scan tuesday.

Any update on Murphy's injury?

me89 wrote: »

Any update on Murphy's injury?
    Going for scan today is all i was told.They all met up yesterday morning at nowlan park

Village87 wrote: »
    Very poor result for James Stephens v Mullinavat. We will find it hard to avoid the relegation semi finals at this rate with Shamrocks, OLG & Clara left to play. We have 3 players on the senior panel at the moment and are not really doing it for the club. Cody dismissed John Walsh very quickly going on his form the weekend and is a very good hurler this time of year.
    I wasn't at the game but i think John walsh got something like 14 points from frees?very hard to win a match at that rate.I do agree john walsh was dismissed to easily.I also think bolger is more suitable to clara at 11.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 KK Supercats

KCR sport are saying Kilkenny will be without Cillian Buckley, James Maher, Richie Hogan, Rob Lennon and Conor Delaney for Dublin match with Eoin Murphy very doubtful...a lot of injuries already with the round robin not even started! Will really test strength of panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭robwen

Cody will hardly let the round of club games in May go ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Neewollah

Apparently they are going ahead. That's the word coming from county board anyway. Clubs won't have their county players at all for training coming up to the game. Not the answer to club game problems cramming a game like this in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭blackcard

So, with the injuries, a team something like this
    Darren Brennan
    Paul Murphy
    Huw Lawlor
    Tommy Walsh
    Conor Fogarty
    Padraig Walsh
    Enda Morrissey
    Conor Browne
    Richie Leahy
    Billy Ryan
    Walter Walsh
    TJ Reid
    Colin Fennelly
    Liam Blanchfield
    Ger Aylward

blackcard wrote: »
    Darren Brennan
    Paul Murphy
    Huw Lawlor
    Tommy Walsh
    Conor Fogarty
    Padraig Walsh
    Enda Morrissey
    Conor Browne
    Richie Leahy
    Billy Ryan
    Walter Walsh
    TJ Reid
    Colin Fennelly
    Liam Blanchfield
    Ger Aylward
    No one seems to know what the story is with scruff hopefully its not as serious.
    the only thing we are lucky to have darren brennan he is a very confident keeper and im sure he will do a good job if he is called in.
    It's a pity o loughlins didnt put huw full back last saturday bacause colin was really on his game.
    Talking to a boro lad and im sure people here know more than me but im hearing its possible he might be ready in a few weeks or not be ready at all.
    Time is certainly against maher and delaney but hopefully they make a quicker recovery and we have them back after the cw match.
    It's the first time in all my time going to kk matches that no one has a clue of the set up of our team.I dunno if this is a good thing or bad thing.
    From the team above i expect joey and deegan to start.My team as it stands for the laugh
    Brennan
    Murphy,lawlor,deegan
    Joey,fogarty,morrisey
    Leahy,padraig
    Wally,tj,kevin kelly
    Billy,colin,blanch
    I wouldn't be suprised to see tommy walsh in defence or darren mullen or adrian in attack.Im sure who ever puts their hand up in training over the next few weeks will be in with a great chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Darren Brennan
    Paul Murphy
    Huw Lawlor
    Tommy Walsh
    Conor Fogarty
    Padraig Walsh
    Enda Morrissey
    Conor Browne
    Richie Leahy
    Billy Ryan
    Walter Walsh
    TJ Reid
    Colin Fennelly
    Liam Blanchfield
    Ger Aylward
    I would have taught paddy deegan would start maybe adrian Mullen and Joey Holden to...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭blackcard

Darren Brennan
    Paul Murphy
    Huw Lawlor
    Tommy Walsh
    Conor Fogarty
    Padraig Walsh
    Enda Morrissey
    Conor Browne
    Richie Leahy
    Billy Ryan
    Walter Walsh
    TJ Reid
    Colin Fennelly
    Liam Blanchfield
    Ger Aylward
    No one seems to know what the story is with scruff hopefully its not as serious.
    the only thing we are lucky to have darren brennan he is a very confident keeper and im sure he will do a good job if he is called in.
    It's a pity o loughlins didnt put huw full back last saturday bacause colin was really on his game.
    Talking to a boro lad and im sure people here know more than me but im hearing its possible he might be ready in a few weeks or not be ready at all.
    Time is certainly against maher and delaney but hopefully they make a quicker recovery and we have them back after the cw match.
    It's the first time in all my time going to kk matches that no one has a clue of the set up of our team.I dunno if this is a good thing or bad thing.
    From the team above i expect joey and deegan to start.My team as it stands for the laugh
    Brennan
    Murphy,lawlor,deegan
    Joey,fogarty,morrisey
    Leahy,padraig
    Wally,tj,kevin kelly
    Aylward,colin,blanch
    Yeah, on second thoughts, I would find a spot for Joey Holden. Billy Ryan surely has to start

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

And here is a fifteen who either did not, could not or made just one game maybe two at the most through out the league due to injury or club commitment for Kilkenny, a fifteen who would not be out of their depth against any county team. It is ridiculous to judge Kilkenny on league form when these played either no part or very insignificant parts. There is no other county who can boast a second string like this and it is why Kilkenny are a top four team and why Kilkenny will be serious contenders for ultimate honors..

1 Ritchie Reid
    2 D. Mullen 3 J. Holden 4 Hue lawlor
    5 E. Shefflin 6 Cillian Buckley 7 J Cleere
    8 R Corcoran 9 R. L Scanlan
    10 Ger Alyward 11 T. J. Reid 12 A. Mullen
    13 Ritchie Hogan 14 C. Fennelly 15 Bill Sheehan

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭babyjesus14

Minors playing a very good Dublin side in Nowlan Park this Saturday. Best of luck to them and hopefully they will get good support!

Minor footballers defeated tonight by 8 points to Louth.well done to dj and all the backroom and players.Great to see progress being made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭sitkaspruce

Gutsy performance from the minors earlier. Only going down by 8 in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭babyjesus14

Minor footballers defeated tonight by 8 points to Louth.well done to dj and all the backroom and players.Great to see progress being made.

Absolutely when you consider none of the minor hurlers, the guts of two teams, are involved. They're also another two hurling teams involved in the Celtic Challenge, though there's some crossover with the football there, but either way DJ is fishing from a very shallow pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭minty81

An early stab at the team for Dublin

Murphy/Brennan
    P Murphy Lawlor Joey
    P Walsh Cleere Deegan
    Fogarty Leahy
    Wally TJ Mullen
    Ryan Fennelly Blanchfield

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 157 ✭✭Hawkeye6

Excellent performance from DJ Carey’s minor footballers last night in the Park. Were down to 3 points half way through second half. Late Louth goal sealed it. Had some great chances too. Probably a bit naïve at times defensively, but overall played some great football. Some serious athletes with plenty speed on that Kilkenny team. Hope the hurlers can produce the same on Saturday. Fourth top scorers in Leinster minor last night behind Louth, Kildare and Dublin. To put the result in context, the players play very little club football and depend on the sessions with DJ and his coaching team while Louth have been training 3 times a week since January and thought they had a serious team. How would a Louth minor hurling team go against a Kilkenny minor hurling team?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Hawkeye6 wrote: »
    Excellent performance from DJ Carey’s minor footballers last night in the Park. Were down to 3 points half way through second half. Late Louth goal sealed it. Had some great chances too. Probably a bit naïve at times defensively, but overall played some great football. Some serious athletes with plenty speed on that Kilkenny team. Hope the hurlers can produce the same on Saturday. Fourth top scorers in Leinster minor last night behind Louth, Kildare and Dublin. To put the result in context, the players play very little club football and depend on the sessions with DJ and his coaching team while Louth have been training 3 times a week since January and thought they had a serious team. How would a Louth minor hurling team go against a Kilkenny minor hurling team?

Its scandalous. My local club had 4 training sessions for U11 boys, and then went to hurling.... What chance does any county manager in football in Kilkenny have when that's the attitude?!?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Pigeon Chaser

greenspurs wrote: »
    Its scandalous. My local club had 4 training sessions for U11 boys, and then went to hurling.... What chance does any county manager in football in Kilkenny have when that's the attitude?!?

Correct attitude.

Hurling is the greatest sport in the world.

Football is very much meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

With all Kilkenny's injury problems do people think Brian Cody will play his strongest side when ye come to Dr. Cullen Park to face our lads in the second round of leinster?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 157 ✭✭Hawkeye6

Correct attitude.

When a young boy or girl pulls on a Kilkenny Jersey regardless of code, they deserve respect and support from Kilkenny GAA supporters. To say "correct attitude" is blindness to what is currently happening in the current development of hurling. 20 something lads got an opportunity to pull on the Kilkenny jersey last night, to play for a team managed by the greatest Hurler of all time. Lads who are not on the Kilkenny minor hurling squad, yet probably all club hurlers. Are you really so blinded that you have nothing positive to say about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭dzer2

Hawkeye6 wrote: »
    Correct attitude.

When a young boy or girl pulls on a Kilkenny Jersey regardless of code, they deserve respect and support from Kilkenny GAA supporters. To say "correct attitude" is blindness to what is currently happening in the current development of hurling. 20 something lads got an opportunity to pull on the Kilkenny jersey last night, to play for a team managed by the greatest Hurler of all time. Lads who are not on the Kilkenny minor hurling squad, yet probably all club hurlers. Are you really so blinded that you have nothing positive to say about that?
    He is probably on the county board
    We played all our football league games in February and March at U13 and will have to wait until June to start the hurling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

dzer2 wrote: »
    He is probably on the county board
    We played all our football league games in February and March at U13 and will have to wait until June to start the hurling.

He has the correct attitude to be !!!
    Our lads do the few GF training sessions (must have to do a certain amount to tick a box on a form somewhere?) then its hurling from mid-April onwards.
    There are pros and cons to it, I suppose.
    But not all boys are great hurlers, but they COULD be great footballers !!

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement