Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl. 2 X €10 vouchers in the Sunday Indo 6/4/14

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

This is the Aldi Nord logo - their shops are in DK, FR, BE, NL, etc.

Aldi-Nord_Logo.svg

Ireland is part of Aldi-Sud.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,413 ✭✭✭✭cson

muffler wrote: »
    As a little aside and not wanting to drag this OT I was in an Aldi store last year and got speaking to a manager about a little problem I had. Anyhow in the course of the conversation I asked was it true that Aldi and Lidl were owned by 2 brothers who had fallen out.......this story has been doing the rounds for years now.

He told me that there was absolutely no connection between the owners of the respective stores.

However he did state that where the story probably originated was that Aldi is owned by 2 brothers and when they set about opening stores here in Ireland they had a a bit of a disagreement regarding the selling of cigarettes. One brother was in favour of it and the other totally opposed to it so what happened was that one brother now has full charge of the stores in Ireland where the old weed is not sold and the other looks after the stores in the UK where they do sell fags.

How much of that is true I have no idea but as I said it came from a store manager.

Anyhow, I thought I would share the above story and apologies for taking this off topic. :)

Slightly off but more or less correct.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aldi

Aldi (Albrecht-Diskont) was started by two brothers who did indeed fall out over cigarettes and split the stores into Aldi Sud (what you have in Ireland) and Aldi Nord (France, Benelux and Iberian countries).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

cson wrote: »
    Slightly off but more or less correct.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aldi

Aldi (Albrecht-Diskont) was started by two brothers who did indeed fall out over cigarettes and split the stores into Aldi Sud (what you have in Ireland) and Aldi Nord (France, Benelux and Iberian countries).

Damn beaten to it. Thought I was finally finding a use for my marketing class.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

What if any papers have the vouchers this weekend ??

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭irishbuzz

They usually run these vouchers for a few weeks in the lead up to a big weekend i.e. into Christmas and into Easter. I suspect that's the last of them for another while (would be happily wrong).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

irishbuzz wrote: »
    They usually run these vouchers for a few weeks in the lead up to a big weekend i.e. into Christmas and into Easter. I suspect that's the last of them for another while (would be happily wrong).

Heres hoping you're wrong.

But, I know that this can't last for to long more

• Registered Users Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭CH3OH

This is specific to the Arklow and Greystones LIDL stores

Wicklow town store closed for refurbishment, so they put these vouchers in the local paper Wicklow People (paper cost €2)

20% off a €50 spend for the next 6 weeks

I used one this morning and got some nice Fillet Steak on offer reduced from €5,99 to €3,99 for 200 g
    310211.jpg

I'm presuming Tesco Arklow /greystones will take them as well.

310209.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭hairyairyfairy

Interesteing, no good to me I'm afraid as not in the area, but does that mean that the Tescos in the area will accept them as well?

would be interested in getting some myself if anyone has a spare newspaper and trying them in my local Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

They are closing the Lidl in Tralee for 6 weeks for refurb as well later in the month. I guess we will see these offers then as well (and take them to Tesco.... :)).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

kn wrote: »
    They are closing the Lidl in Tralee for 6 weeks for refurb as well later in the month. I guess we will see these offers then as well.

Yes, they did same in Monaghan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 pkkil

Does Easons sell the Wicklow People and if they do I wonder could I use it in my local (kildare) tesco any idea

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

To me they look as if they've been designed so that Tesco won't accept them. (Lack of Lidl branding on coupons. Using percentage saving instead of fixed amount.)

I'd be very interested to hear how people get on trying them in Tesco!

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Yes, they did same in Monaghan

Any vouchers in any monaghan rag?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

Quackster wrote: »
    To me they look as if they've been designed so that Tesco won't accept them. (Lack of Lidl branding on coupons. Using percentage saving instead of fixed amount.)

Same with Lidl in Cashel, closing for few weeks and we have those coupons in local newspaper. It asked in Tesco, they do accept them.

Even tho it is little unusual to have coupon without actual branding, they said it is accepted in Lidl, so it is accepted in Tesco too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    Any vouchers in any monaghan rag?

They were in the Northern Standard.
    Not sure if they'll be in it again this week though..

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭kfc1

Tesco, Greystones will NOT accept these vouchers!! Raging, had trolley filled with almost €200! Manager claimed vouchers have to be branded and fixd amount off not percentge

kfc1 wrote: »
    Tesco, Greystones will NOT accept these vouchers!! Raging, had trolley filled with almost €200! Manager claimed vouchers have to be branded and fixd amount off not percentge

Tesco Arklow have it on their facebook page that they will accept the 6 week vouchers that are in the Wicklow People.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

I couldn't get a hold of a copy. Anyone know if this weeks edition has them also?

Lidl Tralee were giving out strips of vouchers at the tills this evening in the run up to the store closing next week. Six 20% off a spend of €50 or more over six weeks. First week Monday 30th June to Sunday 6th July.

VOUCHERS VALID AT ALL ROI LIDL STORES!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Why is tralee store closing??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Paddytheman

TheDriver wrote: »
    Why is tralee store closing??

An interesting question....... Well if you didn't read the previous page it might be ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

An interesting question....... Well if you didn't read the previous page it might be ;)

Indeed, they don't seem old enough to warrant refurbs! Gas thing is that they will probably look the exact same boring beige afterwards

Those of you that have already used this type of Lidl voucher in Tescos in other parts of the country, how did it work? Did they just knock a tenner off your shopping or did they take 20% off?

Will try to pop into one of the Tescos in Tralee at some stage over the next few days to see if they will be accepting them.

Those of you that have already used this type of Lidl voucher in Tescos in other parts of the country, how did it work? Did they just knock a tenner off your shopping or did they take 20% off?

Will try to pop into one of the Tescos in Tralee at some stage over the next few days to see if they will be accepting them.
    I got 20% off the total shop in Tesco Arklow, Combined with some of their offers( multipbuys and BOGOF) I ended up getting €50 off a €150 spend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

In today price news leaflet (Tesco) there is message that they accept competitors coupons, and picture of this Lidl coupon (with lack of branding) and not that coupons, for example, 20% off when you spend 50 euro are accepted in Tesco.

So I tried to use a Lidl 20% off €50 or more coupon in Tesco Tralee Manor today and was told they aren't accepting them. Luckily I also had a Dunnes €8 off €40 voucher with me so used that instead.

Can't understand the variable acceptance of these Lidl vouchers in Tesco stores around the country though. Must get onto Tesco HQ.

Advertisement