Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe, 6th October 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Three of the first four came from a long way back. Did he make too much use of her? Nothing else that raced prominently was mapped.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Waldgeist wins the arc but ITV sh1t on about Enable for ten minutes instead of congratulating the winner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Stamina wins the race.

I'm a bit sickened myself by how easily Magical folded.

Enable ran her race but she has been coming back to her two previous Arc fields at the end of both her previous Arc wins, both races where Waldgeist was closing at the end of 12f. The Soft ground let him use his stamina to catch her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

gazza1 wrote: »
    Waldgeist to finish top 4

6/4 pp

Looks a solid bet to me

GL

Oh well at least its profit but obviously kicking myself now. Just didn't Enable would lose

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭jay1988

Look to me like Frankie thought he had it won and eased off slightly in the final furlong and just couldn't get her back going when the winner went past.

I've seen him do the same on stradivarius a few times and always thought it might come back to bite him eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

ITV coverage is absolutely sickening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,803 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

ITV coverage is absolutely sickening.

They were selling a fairytale and can’t cope with it ending poorly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,803 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Didn’t even show unsaddling the winner or jockeys reaction.very poor

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

jay1988 wrote: »
    Look to me like Frankie thought he had it won and eased off slightly in the final furlong and jist couldnt get her back going when the winner went past.

Ive seen him do the same on stardivarius a few times and always thought it might come back to bite him eventually.

Lol

Waldgeist actually won with some amount in hand. Very impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭snickers

Boy am I glad I read this thread this morning thanks to everyone who were giving this as a solid each way shot 16/1 get in there .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

The winner has been a great servant. G1 winner at 2 over 1m2f, a bit disappointing at 3, a G1 winner over 1m4f and 4th in the Arc at 4, 2 X G1 wins @ 10 1/2 and 12f at 5 .

He has improved his RPR every year he's run. A great advertisement for Galileo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Let's hope the “recency-bias” idiots dont forget what she has achieved. The three Arcs would have been the icing - but no horse in history can boast two Arcs; two KGs; BC Turf; Eclipse; and two Oaks. She is one of THE all time greats.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Itziger

FatRat wrote: »
    Lol

Waldgeist actually won with some amount in hand. Very impressive.

What are the chances we'll hear one of the ITV crowd admit that!!!??

True though.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Clique

jay1988 wrote: »
    Look to me like Frankie thought he had it won and eased off slightly in the final furlong and jist couldnt get her back going when the winner went past.

Ive seen him do the same on stardivarius a few times and always thought it might come back to bite him eventually.

The horse had nothing left to give, if you honestly think he would ease off in the final furlong of a historic treble chance then you really don't watch racing.

If anything she showed her class to stay up there pretty much the whole race considering the other 3 collapsed in front. Japan ans Sottsass I thought ran crackers and could well be the ones next year to beat

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Bet
    Nagano Gold ... 114.85 .... €51.96 ... €5,915.84
    Soft Light ....... 318.20......€67.00...€21,252.60
    Stradivarius .........1.00 .....€25.00 .........€0.00

Lay
    Enable ...............1.98.....€500.00........€490.00

Fortune favours the brave !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

The first 5yo to win since Marienbard in 2002, before that Tony Bin in 1988.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,379 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

aidankkk wrote: »
    Waldgeist looks nailed on to run well here, and i think ill have a small few quid at 22 on betfair as well.
    Well done.

Deep Impact sired the last horse home. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Itziger

Jeez, apart from the first 5 the rest looked more like donkeys than race horses. Maybe the Japanese could blame the ground but they must have been 20 lengths back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Well done.

It’s gas I was just cursing as he crossed the line thinking I forgot to back him , but just checked my exchange bets from earlier in the week ;-). Phew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Itziger wrote: »
    Jeez, apart from the first 5 the rest looked more like donkeys than race horses. Maybe the Japanese could blame the ground but they must have been 20 lengths back.

Tell me about it :rolleyes:. I was sure that the staying types would do well and one of them would sneak a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,702 ✭✭✭kksaints

They were selling a fairytale and can’t cope with it ending poorly.

That happens too often with ITV, it's like they have a script and when the race goes against they just whinge.

Best comment in the Arc coverage was when the TV reporter before the race asked Andre Fabre could his horse Waldgeist beat the favourite Enable.
    Andre Fabre "I don't want to kill Bambi" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

kksaints wrote: »
    That happens too often with ITV, it's like they have a script and when the race goes against they just whinge.

The pre written scripts were worthless post race but it happens. I did laugh at Francesca earlier before the race , “I’ve been following enable since her first run” . Sure you have, a nothing Newcastle maiden in November where she went off 7/2. Francesca KNEW

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Like Finsbury Square at 80/1 4 places and gold vibe 66/-1 4 places.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

So Perfect could do a job here I have a feeling

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Bloodbath for punters at longchamp

• Registered Users Posts: 16,379 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Not a good day for Aidan. No winners, Goddess was also euthanized after an injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭uxiant

Very smart performance from Waldgeist beating all the right horses. Hope he stays in training as he's got a big shout in all those middle distance Group 1s next season in that form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

He out stayed her on ****e ground, on any sort of decent ground enable wins

Advertisement