Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Sitting armchair-side nursing a headache

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

If there is cake then please invite me next time. Promise not to scribble on your walls.

Will Disney princess cupcakes do? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Finishing a slice of apple tart and trying to force myself back to doing admin work. I have a host of emails to answer and little niggling things to do but I just can't get into them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Am having one of those frenzy cleaning days. I have just cleaned the staff canteen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Deskside working on a presentation I have to give in the US on my work trip next week... the slide count is going up too quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Home early, brought some stuff with me that I can finish off later if I feel up to it. Jesus it's a miserable day and I'm not feeling the mae West just yet, so I'm going to sleep for an hour and hope I feel more energised after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Sitting down after dinner. Glass of wine in front of me. Ready to try some writing. All go around here lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Hope everyone is well, thread moves so bleedin fast. Currently on a bus to get to a very important rendezvous... Cutting it real fkn thin. Head still hasn't fully recovered from the Darby on Saturday and the subsequent bender that followed. I'm going on a busman's holiday in the morning though to the land of tulips, clomps and Van Gogh, and that's keeping me spirits up somewhat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Dave Angel wrote: »
    Alright lads, I'm closing my account and I'm certain it's for good this time. Boards just ain't for me anymore. It's only ever been a bit of craic for me and I just don't find it much craic anymore like I once did. The fact that I won't be back just want to wish ye all well for the future. And thanks particularly to the funny bastards who made me laugh. Take it easy

Thought for a minute this was me ! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,283 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I got a great deal on a suite of furniture and it was delivered today.
    I'm languidly testing it here curled up with my phone :)

To thine own self be true

I got a great deal on a suite of furniture and it was delivered today.
    I'm languidly testing it here curled up with my phone :)

I love the word languidly and the image it gives me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,270 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I’m leaving on a jet plane, or maybe I’m not :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Post mgmt meeting pints were dangerous oops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Morning folks! :)

Feeling a bit sleepy this morning, as I spent too much of the night listening to this audiobook - Why We Sleep. Bill Gates had it on his recommended list a while back. It's an absolutely fascinating listen (I assume as good a read).. It's a serious eyeopener. As someone who has diabolical sleep patterns, even the first few chapters have already convinced me get my sleep on track, whatever the cost.

Here's a link to what Bill had to say.
    https://www.gatesnotes.com/Books/Why-We-Sleep

+1

I started a thread on this over on the Sleeping and Dreaming Forum . ( The thread drifted a bit off topic :( )

I found the (talking) book interesting and useful.

Some on here might find it useful but as Fathom says 'no shoe size fits all'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,953 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

In , wallpapering in between the jigs and the reels . Second attempt , yesterdays paper ended up getting taken back down . I hadn't enough to finish it :o

• Advertisement

0lddog wrote: »
    +1

I started a thread on this over on the Sleeping and Dreaming Forum . ( The thread drifted a bit off topic :( )

I found the (talking) book interesting and useful.

Some on here might find it useful but as Fathom says 'no shoe size fits all'

I’m only on chapter 2 and it already has me reassessing everything. It’s just incredible how amazing the human body / mind works when it comes to sleep and sleep rhythms. I’ll take a look at the thread now.

I get that one shoe doesn’t fit all but, the fundamentals are for everyone. The night owl / early bird piece around forcing night owls into sync work outs of 9 - 5 as it’s the norm is a great point! A friend of mine is an early bird and forever telling me I could do it I just get up and go.. but now I have ammo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Evening all ! Couchside now finally and found a pack of jelly tots I had forgotten about ...... happy days !

Quiet in here tonight and here at home too.
    My Mrs is in the neighbours, no doubt sampling some vino or another.
    Me, I'm just finished up some work and am having a can of 7up and a mint chocolate or two while watching the end of the city west ham game.
    Are shenanigans a thing of the past?

Quiet in here tonight and here at home too.
    My Mrs is in the neighbours, no doubt sampling some vino or another.
    Me, I'm just finished up some work and am having a can of 7up and a mint chocolate or two while watching the end of the city west ham game.
    Are shenanigans a thing of the past?

I’m here !!! U mentioned shenanigans??????

Couchside watching Chicago PD. No 7up or mint chocolate though :(

Shenanigans seem to be slim pickings Bishop!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Having a crazy busy week in work, got home exhausted. Went out for a 5k run, then walked the dogs and now contemplating an early night with my Kindle, a glass or two of vodka and the dogs snuggled up with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

Couchside after being at the gym, a lot (if not all) of my work undone as grabbed an chocolate bunny while I was waiting at the checkout in Lidl (buying only milk!).

I have no will power - the €1.29 bunny is pretty good though lol

Done for the night , only shenanigans here tonight will be the dog refusing to go out to pee when I open the door and she realises it's raining :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Done for the night , only shenanigans here tonight will be the dog refusing to go out to pee when I open the door and she realises it's raining :D

Is that Olddog Mam?

honeybear wrote: »
    Is that Olddog Mam?

Lol :D

Well , definitely old but it's a she , couldn't have Olddog saying I was trying to shove him out in the rain :p

In bed, ready to sleep deeply. All alarms stood down. Goodnight.

No shenanigans here either, I'm still untouchable with the dose I have. Bed time as I can't keep my eyes open any longer anyway.
    Goodnight all.

Shenanigans.......there was a time, once upon a time, long long ago....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Just me and the kitten at home tonight. He found a stray bauble hidden behind a couch and is chasing it up and down the room.
    Funny little thing

Watching , well , half watching Real Detective on Netflix . Think tomorrow might be treat day , will see how it goes :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject71

Shenanigans.......there was a time, once upon a time, long long ago....

No shenanigans tonight?And I was so prepared,heh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Bedside listening to the incessant pinging of rain against the window. I think we will slide off this hill it's been so wet this winter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

No shenanigans here either as I have no one to shenan with :pac:

Bedside, alone, mentally planning out what I need to do with my day off tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,270 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I didn’t get to leave last night, but I am now.

15 hours turned into 6 nights :)

And I’m awake. Brain is working through all of things on today’s mission list and thinks it more important than sleeping... silly brain must not be paying attention to my audio book :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Happy Thursday!!!

Heading to the coalface

Fine tuning myself for the starting gun.
    I've shaved and I'm ready for the shower but I feel listless, so I've sat down with a cupan tae in the hope of getting a bit of life into me.
    The oldest dog is looking at me and saying in his mind I can tell, now you know what it's ****ing like to not want to go out.
    But I need to go in so I will heroically put myself through it.
    I slept really well at least.
    Happy Thursday.

I'm also priming myself for the day here. Cup of tea. Bit woozy, and I didn't touch my wine last night. The whippet is offering me one of her speed sticks here. Im flattered, she only offers her paw to me. If she doesn't get attention the investigation cone comes poking under my arm (elbows on table, typing).

Didn't sleep very well. I have a head cold which we all know is just one step down from the plague. Cough woke me a few times.
    I want to eat. Any ideas on something nice to tempt my little old lady appetite?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Wishing better health for all feeling below par.
    Been deskside since 7am and having a coffee now. The wind and the rain - just feck right off please.

Missing all the mad craic and tomfoolery that was a hallmark of this thread. Maybe we can get our mojo back?!

Have a good day one and all.

Is there a secret thread we don’t know about ????
    Mabey all the craic has gone there ??

^^^ I don’t know Skybird.
    We all know life has its ups and downs but the craic here used to provide a laugh or at least raise a smile.

Confession: I thought last Tuesday was Pancake Tuesday. So all round to mine next Tuesday for pancakes. Some savoury, some lemon and sugar and some with something sweet. All welcome...

Didn't sleep very well. I have a head cold which we all know is just one step down from the plague. Cough woke me a few times.
    I want to eat. Any ideas on something nice to tempt my little old lady appetite?

How about some scrambled egg and toast?

Eleysian wrote: »
    ^^^ I don’t know Skybird.
    We all know life has its ups and downs but the craic here used to provide a laugh or at least raise a smile.

Confession: I thought last Tuesday was Pancake Tuesday. So all round to mine next Tuesday for pancakes. Some savoury, some lemon and sugar and some with something sweet. All welcome...

I’m there cause my pancakes are always a fecking disaster like !! Actually not even able to eat them :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ooh there's an idea, post therapy pancakes next Tuesday! Sweet :) just butter and sugar for me I think.

• Advertisement

Right you are Grem - I have that down in the order book.
    How is your day?

Argh stoopid glitch *shakes fist*

Eleysian, thank you :) I'm waiting on an oil delivery, exciting eh?.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm deskside drinking rocket fuel 🤪🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭thomil

Home office deskside. I have to say, working from home every now and then does have its advantages:)

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Ooh Seph what type of rocket fuel?

Grem I ordered a new mattress before Christmas. It is finally being delivered tomorrow (if they cancel again I will scream). Oil means you will be warm though?

Since I have been up since 5.30 I am tempted to eat my lunch. This day is arseways for me!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement