Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the etiquette here??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Best practice is to paper down on the ledge, this will allow the “deposit” to sluice into the water without any marks being left behind.

Dreadful “system”, without the water the smell is much worse.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 34,030 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I bet you thought a "continental shelf" was something to do with geology...

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Very big on "examination", your Germals. Drop one (or more) off, have a good look at it/them before you send on its way.

And people say the holocaust was the worst thing they ever did?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Grouptherapy

Was very tempted to leave one there for examination tbh. Fine specimens which stayed largely intact due to the short drop.

But small crew meant it would be easy to I.D. the culprit so didn't risk it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

Horrific design. Thankfully never made its way to Ireland. What we haven’t escaped is those fancy Italian styles - the one with a splash radius of about 4 inches. Then with a tiny little tank and most of the porter man’s scat stuck to the bowl walls.

The classic Armitage Shanks was a late Victorian design designed to deal with heavy and loose loads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I bet no one needed poo knives when they had one of those to drop a log in. The gravitational force could shift a redwood.

Head of water there to rival Ardnacrusha.

You'd need a stately mansion to have a ceiling high enough to accommodate that yoke.

We had a more modest model when I was growing up, visitors could rarely get the hang of using a chain as opposed to a handle even then, and that was 40-odd years ago. There was a knack to it for sure but once mastered, results were always highly satisfactory.

Life ain't always empty.

If in Dublin and you feel the Barbarians at the gate then I’d recommend visiting O’Neills of Suffolk Street. They’ve a downstairs jacks that has a pull chain shïtter, floor to ceiling solid wooden door, always kept very clean, and you can sneak in and out without buying one of their horrendously priced pints.

Much better than a McShít, and easier to reach in an emergency than the slightly overrated Brown Thomas facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I walked into the jacks in Heuston Station earlier and had to run out again almost immediately. Every single trap was closed and the absolute BANG of freshly baked effluence emanating from each trap was too overwhelming for me to wait there any longer. I’m on the train to Limerick now and the stench is still lingering in my nostrils.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,112 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Drop a load just going in to Portdarlington and spatther the tracks .

Clear yersel out.

• Advertisement

Seems to be happening a lot more regularly these days. You’ll visit a public convenience, enter the stall, and see a fúcking dead otter peering up at you.

"Please do not flush the lavatory while the train is standing in the station"

Those days are gone though. There's a 'brown water' tank.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Irish_Aus

I have embarked on a horticultural adventure and have grown a substantial amount of habanero chillis from my balcony. As it's been a stinking hot summer in QLD and the chillis are getting blasted with heat from the outside aircon unit, the abundance of fruit has been staggering. I have been making chili flakes, chili jam, and last weekend I made chili sauce using 15 of the firey little b@stards. The sauce is delicious but as each day passes, it is improving in taste, but is also getting spicier! Yesterday we had pulled pork tacos for dinner and I slathered them in my evil little potion, they were delicious and washed down by a can of cheap German lager. All was well and very uneventful until my journey to work this morning. I was on the ferry when I had the "pang" from below deck, and the rear admiral signaled danger was coming. Bad news, I exited the vessel and I had a 2km walk to encounter, in 30c heat and all uphill. A pitstop to visit the throne was also not an option en route. I hot-footed, jaywalked, and powered my way to work, all the while I was trying to prevent an eruption from the brown ring of fire. The badge was twitching like a kangaroo's nose at this stage. I get to work with the jocks unscathed, just, and I headed for the jacks. I was in position, pumping out sweat from the power walk and the brutal heat, but I was also experiencing the dreaded chili sweats, an unfortunate combo. As expected, the evacuation was like squeezing a brown sauce bottle with an aggressive grip and having a faulty lid, but the sting would bring a tear to a glass eye. Thankfully it was a swift visit to the pot but a stressful start to the day which required a delicate cleanup operation. I'm back at my desk and I don't think I am out of the woods yet lads!

That said was on the train to Cork today on important company business.

Right bunch of scutthery kernts in the carriage, laptops out,phones ringing, all obviously civil servants.Fcukkers chugging lattes and flat whites, and vegan wraps

Just after Portdarlington I hit the trap and dhropped a load like a Stafford’s fruit slab but due to swaying of the carriage left the load on the seat. Left her there to marinate.

Fcuking tweedy bint waddled over about ten minutes later to blow the load but came back with a shocked expression.

Saw her giving a poor Porter in Kent station an earful later.

Say she blew the pipes in that big hotel near Panno after, nicely soured I’d say.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Baba Yaga

was reading back on this thread...very educational stuff ive to say...on the civil service offices...surely they arent that regimented...?

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Slideways

Had sat down when everyone finally left the house so I could poo in peace.

The deed itself was rather uneventful, a solid deposit with minimal paperwork. Was just about to flush when there was a commotion out on the street. The bin wagon had pranged the neighbours car and all hell had broken loose.

I pulled up me strides and in the rush to go out I forgot to flush. Sweet mother of the baba jaysus.

I came back into the house when things had settled down and the fent hit me. Worse than that was the noise. It sounded like the Luftwaffe were in my thunder box.

There was a herd of bluebottles. I call it a herd as these things were huge and they were feasting on my deposit I had omitted to flush. Took a full can of Mortein to put a halt to the bastards and the odour is still in the ensuite. There’ll be some explaining to do when herself comes home

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Grouptherapy

Just logged out a fine Friday specimen. Serious log - one end half way up the U-bend and it still hadn't cleared the bomb bay doors.

I'd say even after processing in Ringsend it could still pose a hazard to small craft in Dublin Bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭You the man

Like a good book. You'd go back again and again and enjoy it..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Someone was talking about trains having a brown tank for the toilet. I was in Germany recently and disembarked my train. As I walked onto the main station concourse there was a place where you could see under the train. My eye was offended by a large heap of light brown unidentifiable matter mixed with white wads of toilet paper. I know this wasn’t standard practice so I had 2 theories: there was some catastrophic leakage of the tank or the train driver pulled the wrong lever. Either way, the poor denizens of Augsburg will be in for a shock when they try to board this train.

• Advertisement

@spacetweek Some of the older stuff might not have been brought up to the current standards yet. I know it's Germany but not everything there is gleaming high-speed ICE trains. Probably have some old East German stuff still in service on the more out of the way places.

I do like the idea that there's a lever in the cab which could cause a shít explosion if incorrectly used, however.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

He arrived in an unexpected fashion down the pan.

The way you read about.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Just heard a good one there on the radio

" better an empty house than a bad lodger" 😀

Had between 12 and 15 pints of Guinness yesterday. Lots of cocktail sausages and chips as well. Was tucking into the fry this morning and felt a fart was coming on. Knew something didn’t feel right and stood up and headed fairly rapidly down to the small room.

My instincts were fully correct. The first two seconds were fart, but the rest of it was pure noxious liquid. Was about 15 minutes cleaning up afterwards.

The drink is a curse.

Agree Bobby, took on a fair cargo yesterday before going to the in laws for dinner.

Fcukers were going down to the ‘place in Spain’ today so shunted forward.

Anyways just after the ‘entree’ felt a ‘pot roast’ in the nether regions was getting ‘shovel ready’.

Hit for the downstairs and barely made it leaving a gush of drittle like an underdone savory omlette all over the pan.

Fcuking bang of yesterdays ullage of Tyskie and Karpackie was hanging over the gaff.

Theres a logo ‘We care for Carpathian wolves’ on Karpackie cans—-The fcuking stench from the downstairs would bring down a full pack of the fcukers!

Nevin Parsnipp must have unloaded in the front privy after onboarding 6 pints and a WH Smith tuna sandwich before takeoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,441 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

An awful dose of ‘stomach flu ‘ . Running to the bog when I feel it coming on . Pure run oil . Plus having to throw clothes out when I don’t make it in time 😡

Work in a department with 15 or so men and 3 wimmins.

Theres a lot of speculation but some lad went into the ladies commode and left a humongous log in the only cubicle they have. By all accounts this was girthy, smooth as silk and resting with the prow about 2 inches above the waterline.

The culprit then got up, pulled up the strides and left leaving the item on display.

To say there has been consternation would be a real understatement. The chicks have been talking about going on strike over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Maybe it was one of the 3 birds who left it,any of them big units?

• Advertisement

There is definitely no fear for two of them of going out in a strong gale. built for comfort not for speed if you catch my drift.

However, I do have it on fairly reliable authority it was not a lassie that dropped king kongs thumb and left it on display

Advertisement