Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roomba or equivalent?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭randomname2005

Cyrus wrote: »
    people may disagree but i think the extra is well spent, either on a neato d3 from the amazon warehouse (can get them for 220/230 stg) or one of the roborocks.

i have both.

Must have a clean house ;)

Of the two, which would you recommend? No D3 in the warehouse :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,741 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Must have a clean house ;)

Of the two, which would you recommend? No D3 in the warehouse :(

they seem to hoover the same, but i find the mop handy

if i was only to have one itd be the roborock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭randomname2005

they seem to hoover the same, but i find the mop handy

if i was only to have one itd be the roborock

Thanks for the info.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Any recommendations for spares for the Roborock s50, filters , mops etc

Just go for generic on eBay or somewhere else ?

Had to buy a spare motor a few months ago. Bought it from AliExpress. I see there are some on Amazon, but dunno if they're genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭sumo12

I've got a Eufy 30c waiting for me at home :)

Any warnings / tips / tricks with these? I'll report back my opinions once I have it up and running

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

sumo12 wrote: »
    I've got a Eufy 30c waiting for me at home :)

Any warnings / tips / tricks with these? I'll report back my opinions once I have it up and running

Just let it loose. Best bit of kit I ever bought. Even the wife massively impressed! It has massively changed the way we clean our house. It felt like I had the hoover out three times a day, was at the end of my tether!

I was concerned that having kids it wouldn't work properly with bits & bobs everywhere. Think again..just pick up toys and it cleans the house every evening when kids are in bed. We have standard tile floor in the kitchen, wood floor in the living room & carpet in the hall. I usually just close a door let it blitz a room the move onto the next room. If going out will leave all doors open and it blasts away itself. We have playmats in the living room and it goes up on them and gives a great clean. All the best with it, great job overall

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

On the lookout for a new robo hoover. Had a roomba for years but battery died, suction started acting up, got rid about 3 years ago.

Is the roborock s50 about the best tradeoff in terms of price to feature? Or is there something else now to consider?

Requirements:
    Wooden floors throughout, couple of rugs. Would like to be able to zone out the area around the cats food bowl so doesn't knock over the water. Scheduled operation preferred for when we're not there. Unlikely to use mopping functionality as hardwood floors. One cat so some pet hair. 2 young kids so crumbs bloody everywhere.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Tails142

Got a roborock s50 last week from aliexpress link earlier in the thread, was €335. Day 3 of ownership and delighted with it so far, would recommend. Laminate floors in most of house, just carpet on landing. I like the way it has a method to its cleaning rather than just bouncing around, the automapping went a little bit buggy at one point but it sorted itself out after a while, what happened was it mapped upstairs and then the map wouldn't reset when I brought it back downstairs so I couldn't set it to do a zone cleaning. All good otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Hi all,
    Have my roborock s50 over 6 months and generally delighted with it. However for the last few weeks it hasn't covered all areas. I've attached an example of where it just didn't go over an area.

It wasn't running out of charge, no obstacles and it always used to cover everywhere so not sure why it's decided not to cover random areas.

If i do a zoned clean up on this location it will do it.

Did anyone else experience this issue and what can be done?

Thanks..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,741 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

my neato was acting up in a similar way and it was to do with a dirty wall sensor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

my neato was acting up in a similar way and it was to do with a dirty wall sensor

Thought I had been cleaning all the sensors but there were a couple on the side I had forgotten about and were quite dusty. Today it covered everywhere. 1st time in a couple of weeks it's done that. Thanks for the help Cyrus!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Darby_321

Looking at some of these robot cleaners and looking at getting a cheap enough one to see if they would suit me or not. Dont want to go spending 4 or 5 hundred on one and then not really use it.
    Was on amazon and seen the Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 11S which is 200 pound but you can get a 30 pound discount on it and the reviews seem very good for it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Eufy-BoostIQ-Super-Thin-Self-Charging-Medium-Pile/dp/B07BFP9TNH/ref=sr_1_4?adgrpid=63961204732&gclid=Cj0KCQjw_absBRD1ARIsAO4_D3vojTcjZrbuK8TLis9yyqP1rKhHfn0nD6z6mfRxqXKTLNmlmX4iiyEaAvZmEALw_wcB&hvadid=291334857279&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=1007902&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t1&hvqmt=e&hvrand=13749590384769827586&hvtargid=kwd-294971414787&hydadcr=24689_1722522&keywords=eufy+robovac+11&qid=1569337730&s=gateway&sr=8-4

There was also the Coredy Robot Vacuum Cleaner - 1400Pa which is 180 pound and then you can use a 10 pound discount.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Coredy-Robot-Vacuum-Cleaner-Anti-Drop/dp/B07Q2VYS24/ref=as_li_ss_tl?SubscriptionId=AKIAJO7E5OLQ67NVPFZA&ascsubtag=412594910-311-2160003.1569321246&tag=best_reviews_uk_1-21

Just wondering does anyone have these and recommend these or is there any decent ones for a cheaper price that do a good job cleaning?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

I see eufy [BoostIQ] RoboVac 15C MAX has been released. Main difference seems to be the suction is up from 1500 to 2000. Worth keeping in mind for anuybody in the market, £269 atm on Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭spannerism

Hi folks,

What is the difference between S50 and S5?
    As far as I can see they are the same and the only difference being more colour options?

Do I need a virtual wall strip with this? I thought it was smart enough that I don't need it? I do see it listed in some descriptions.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭xabi

I see eufy [BoostIQ] RoboVac 15C MAX has been released. Main difference seems to be the suction is up from 1500 to 2000. Worth keeping in mind for anuybody in the market, £269 atm on Amazon

It’s 199 at the moment

S50 arrived yesterday from banggood EU warehouse, 315 euro. So far so good, though I think the kids will end up making it fat by overfeeding it, they seem to think it's some sort of pet and leave things in front of it for it to "eat".

First scheduled run went to plan this morning after we all went off to work and school. More playing to do with it though in terms of setting up no go zones etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭nialldinho

I saw this in the Sunday Times today:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/puppyoo-r6-smart-robotic-vacuums-mops-3230sq-ft#/

Looks good but I assume the customs and duty would be steep as it is shipping from China...

For that price you can get an s50 from the European warehouse, before that one even begins to ship. Didn't seem to anything more than the s50, and the s50 is already a product, not a concept.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

kenmc wrote: »
    For that price you can get an s50 from the European warehouse, before that one even begins to ship. Didn't seem to anything more than the s50, and the s50 is already a product, not a concept.

How are you finding it as a mop so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Tails142

I have an s50, mop is ok, I usually set it to go over an area three times with the mop and I add a bit of flash to the tank. It doesn't usually shift stubborn dried on spills, I still have the stream mop for that but for keeping the floor reasonably clean in between full mops its good, better than nothing anyway, the cloth gets dirty so it must be doing something!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭alec76

Mopping only a gimmick, don’t expect any real mop experience, it is only got 100ml water tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

alec76 wrote: »
    Mopping only a gimmick, don’t expect any real mop experience, it is only got 100ml water tank.

Think it's a bit better than a gimmick. Not perfect but it gives a decent clean on wood & tiles. Add some flash or detol to water and it'll give a nice fresh smell too.

100ml does about 40 sqm. I check it every 30 mins up see if tank needs a refill.

Not bothered with the mopping function so far, couldn't be arsed lifting rugs etc. Also predominantly wood flooring through the house, so has a special spray and mop type thing rather than just hot water and flash or whatever. Ability to schedule it to clean up after the kids breakfast on a timer is the bomb. And the other day I forgot to remove no go zone, so was able to do it remotely and clean the playroom from work :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Does anyone else get dock notifications, etc, many hours after use, or even days after when you've not used the S50 at all? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Going to buy a s50/s55 in the 11.11 sales but it can only go to 3 out of 5rooms because of a step (see picture). Anyone any solutions for how to navigate the step i.e. small ramps that I can put down before heading to work that allows whole place to be vacuumed?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

My s50 keeps losing/erasing/reseting the map, it's utterly frustrating. And no I am not picking it up and not introducing anything new in the area. Apart from that the sweeping is great, moping so and so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭alec76

AstraMonti wrote: »
    My s50 keeps losing/erasing/reseting the map, it's utterly frustrating. And no I am not picking it up and not introducing anything new in the area.
    It is suppose to draw new map every time you start clean up , unless you specify otherwise :
    Settings/Vacuum Settings/Map saving mode (Beta) ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

alec76 wrote: »
    It is suppose to draw new map every time you start clean up , unless you specify otherwise :
    Settings/Vacuum Settings/Map saving mode (Beta) ...

Yeah that's enabled, and it keeps the map, until it doesn't.

Edit: Try to do the following, send it to a spot, select spot cleaning, let it finish, and then press clean. Maps gets reset, every single time.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

AstraMonti wrote: »
    My s50 keeps losing/erasing/reseting the map, it's utterly frustrating. And no I am not picking it up and not introducing anything new in the area. Apart from that the sweeping is great, moping so and so.

Same with me. Customer support weren't particularly helpful, blaming it on my wifi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭ninjasurfer1

Gearbest has the Roborock s50 for €298 (+€9p&p from Germany) for anyone interested in 11/11 sales.
    Seems a good enough price?

https://www.gearbest.com/vacuum-cleaners/pp_3003834688592329.html

Advertisement