Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭R.F.

jobless wrote: »
    how does the dart normally handle the snow?.... need to get into town tomorrow night and it looks like it might be the only mode available to me

expect delays, but unless its biblical you should get there eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

R.F. wrote: »
    expect delays, but unless its biblical you should get there eventually

positivity.... i like it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,248 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Seagulls flying like mad above the Lee in Cork City....do you think they know something is coming?....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,877 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

jobless wrote: »
    how does the dart normally handle the snow?.... need to get into town tomorrow night and it looks like it might be the only mode available to me

Pretty well. The DARTs and Dublin Commuter lines ran reasonably well in 2010, annoyingly well in fact from a worker point of view!

However, in 2010 the snow built up over a long number of days of bitty events, there could be so serious dumpings of snow later this week that the signals, points and powerlines get overwhelmed and damaged more readily. I wouldnt worry, whatever you're heading into town for will probably not happen anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Crumbs of snow in Edenderry, Co Offaly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭kingshankly

gabeeg wrote: »
    Anyone in Dundalk/Drogheda?

Is it shcticking?

Is it schleet?

Not a pick of snow in Dundalk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Nothing in Donabate. Met Eireann radar suggests we are in an Anglsey shawdow...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Pretty well. The DARTs and Dublin Commuter lines ran reasonably well in 2010, annoyingly well in fact from a worker point of view!

However, in 2010 the snow built up over a long number of days of bitty events, there could be so serious dumpings of snow later this week that the signals, points and powerlines get overwhelmed and damaged more readily. I wouldnt worry, whatever you're heading into town for will probably not happen anyway

going to a gig..... id say it will only be cancelled if they unleash the red weather warning

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Was out for walk there in Citywest cold enough out mad considering weather been really nice last few days.

Was little bit snow on way out but coming home was much heavier. Nothing worth writing home bout yet though!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

KingBobby wrote: »
    Literally every person coming out of homebase in nutgrove this morning was carrying a snow shovel. One guy had 3!

That may not be enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

leahyl wrote: »
    Seagulls flying like mad above the Lee in Cork City....do you think they know something is coming?....

Seagull met service is way better than human service. Fact! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Altogether now.....Theresssss no emergency like a snow emergency, like no emergency I know....everything about is is appealing....everything the traffic will allowwww! (which won't be much)

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.tenor.com%2Fimages%2Fbc29355380252e9fd773121ff3032028%2Ftenor.gif&f=1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Colibri wrote: »
    Douglas here. Absolutely bitter outside.

Felt a few drops of rain at about 1pm in the city but that's it. Blue-ish clouds at the moment too.

same in Bishopstown, the clouds are definitely a strange colour!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

Here's the most recent MODIS capture from ~2pm today. Can see the streamers in the cloud streets, even though they don't have much precipitation in them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,831 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

Popoutman wrote: »
    Here's the most recent MODIS capture from ~2pm today. Can see the streamers in the cloud streets, even though they don't have much precipitation in them yet.

Sure that's more than half the country covered in clouds, it could dump anywhere at this point...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭✭guil

Tiny bit of snowfall in the curragh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭pad199207

Snow Grains reported at Casement

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Vxlks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭aidanodr

Just back now, but around 12 noon there was some dry powdery snow falling around Carrigaline and up at the Cork Airport .. Same stuff was more rain in the city and out in Ballincollig which is where I was going

In CORK like, i mean come on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9 BobTheHammer44

Any predictions on when the schools will close? I want to prepare for the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Took me a while to get through all the thread, up to 200 pages on Desktop or 250 on mobile.

I'm feeling much more confident today, GFS giving a good 18 hours of snow for me in West Clare and very little back edge rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭otherfrog

Just a few wispish flakes falling in Naas.

The grey sky seems so foreboding after the ten hours of sunshine yesterday.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

still no flakes here yet today.

NetWeather can sometimes over estimate precipitation where there is none, however looking at it right now, you can clearly make out that south of Drogheda is in the Wales shadow and an area north of Newry and south of Belfast is under the Isle Of Man shadow.

Currently areas in the shadows aren't missing out on much as what is falling seems to be only random flakes and bits of snizzle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Lol love it sounds like something Dave Allen would come up with....

Hi praise indeed! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Gonzo wrote: »
    still no flakes here yet today.

NetWeather can sometimes over estimate precipitation where there is none, however looking at it right now, you can clearly make out that south of Drogheda is in the Wales shadow and an area north of Newry and south of Belfast is under the Isle Of Man shadow.

Currently areas in the shadows aren't missing out on much as what is falling seems to be only random flakes and bits of snizzle.

We have had 2 hours of continuous light sleet/snow here, im about 5 miles from slane near Rathkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭jds0ur

Any reports from Dundalk / Drogheda?

4qbrq.png

• Registered Users Posts: 18,517 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Many of the app forecasts seem to be peddling back on the snow, and reducing the time window it will be about.
    Is this the general feeling from people watching the charts ??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Just tiny flakes falling all day in Blanchardstown. Bit disappointing so far

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement