Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Pomberg77 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the DID bundle has to be demons souls? I'd much prefer the new spiderman

CEX are offering €42 cash for Demon's Souls and a lot of places have spiderman for 50, you could probably swap that way for very little extra outlay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Does anyone know if the DID bundle has to be demons souls? I'd much prefer the new spiderman

It's on my receipt, I wasn't given an option for anything else. Not my kind of game so will probably just try and sell it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Doctor Bojangles

It's on my receipt, I wasn't given an option for anything else. Not my kind of game so will probably just try and sell it on.

Which DID did you get it in? Or was it on the website?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Pomberg77

CEX are offering €42 cash for Demon's Souls and a lot of places have spiderman for 50, you could probably swap that way for very little extra outlay.

Are they open at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Are they open at the moment?

Operating online only but they're doing a free home collection service through An Post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭BWSGibbs

Operating online only but they're doing a free home collection service through An Post.

Perfect thanks a million

Which DID did you get it in? Or was it on the website?

In Galway. Rang at about 1045 this morning and got the last one they had one on their instore list. Had to drive there this evening to pay as I had a one for all voucher I wanted to use. All sorted now, hoping to collect on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Did any of you guys collected the ps5 today, or was it just payment taken today and delivery promised?

wonski wrote: »
    Did any of you guys collected the ps5 today, or was it just payment taken today and delivery promised?

Just payment for everyone with DID.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jahcork

I preordered my ps5 with GameStop online on the 17th Sept and still haven’t received any email today. Anyone else in the same situation ?

• Advertisement

Jahcork wrote: »
    I preordered my ps5 with GameStop online on the 17th Sept and still haven’t received any email today. Anyone else in the same situation ?

yep, hopefully we get email tomorrow. even if its an email to say im not getting it this wave(they emailed me early December to say that)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Why didn't they just wait for the stock to be available and sell it there and then?
    All you got is another preorder.

I just don't get it.

Sure it is going to be in the store on Thursday or Friday anyway. Leaving the covid aside, why would you ask the customer to visit again.

I just don't get it. Console will be sold regardless, in minutes, so they don't really need to mess around and ask to pay now in store and collect later.

Genuine question.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tobothehobo

I preordered in gamestop on the 17th in store and no email yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 terrak

How do u get updated on post i just checked again and seen they were in did today. Son s bday in march really need to get one im sure there hundreds is same position

wonski wrote: »
    Why didn't they just wait for the stock to be available and sell it there and then?
    All you got is another preorder.

I just don't get it.

Sure it is going to be in the store on Thursday or Friday anyway. Leaving the covid aside, why would you ask the customer to visit again.

I just don't get it. Console will be sold regardless, in minutes, so they don't really need to mess around and ask to pay now in store and collect later.

Genuine question.

Most people got the preorder over the phone

terrak wrote: »
    How do u get updated on post i just checked again and seen they were in did today. Son s bday in march really need to get one im sure there hundreds is same position

I got updated though the ps5 stock app and the Cosie90 discord/twitch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭bdmc5

Most people got the preorder over the phone

Seems the exact opposite Reading the comments this morning , vast majority had to go in store as they wouldn’t accept payment over the phone.

bdmc5 wrote: »
    Seems the exact opposite Reading the comments this morning , vast majority had to go in store as they wouldn’t accept payment over the phone.

I got one over the phone as did most people I've seen

• Registered Users Posts: 12 el pistolero

There was stock drop on Argos UK but nothing on Argos Ireland so far

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

PS5 in the argos trolley now after previously being unavailable but no stores in London seem to have them. hmmm

Have you got the official link mate? was on this thread few pages back but cant find it
    (Irish link I mean if anyone has it)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭ozmo

steveasdf wrote: »
    Spider-Man is very poor value for a bundle though, it’s like 5 hours long.

Yes 150 extra for game and controller is a bit steep for something you dont need.

As you install Spiderman it offers you to buy the previous Spiderman for 20 euros think it was - so factor that in. That 20 euros game is I think better than the 75 euro game.

“Roll it back”

bdmc5 wrote: »

I only had to go to the shop because I had a one for all which they wouldn't take over the phone. They would have taken card payment off me when I called.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I got updated though the ps5 stock app and the Cosie90 discord/twitch

What's the app? I have the Twitch stream but missed DID by about 2 mins yesterday.

There was stock drop on Argos UK but nothing on Argos Ireland so far

Can't see Argos Ireland having any in the foreseeable. They won't do home delivery, and they won't be classed as an essential product. They also removed the ability to reserve for store collection pretty quickly during their first batch.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭mathsman3.14

Still no email from GameStop this morning :(
    From what I can see there seems to people getting emails who ordered early in the morning and late at night on the 17th September so it would appear they’re not really going by date or time of order so it seems to be really just a lottery. Also doesn’t seem to be store preorders getting them ahead of online.
    I’ve also seen others who ordered the 17th and heard nothing yet one or two who ordered the 18th who’ve gotten their orders confirmed ahead of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TinCanMan

I received an email from Gamestop last night saying that my PS5 order would be delivered before February 1st. I placed the order in store in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,028 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Wow, that’s great. I really feel for all the GameStoppers

Advertisement