Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hellboy 3/reboot

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

The opening to Hellboy was and is still amazing , there great films

Looking forward to this version though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,827 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

The film has been delayed till mid 2019 now from it's January release date.

No official reasons being cited either. So could be anything from problems with the film as is, to them thinking it just might do better in the new slot (although mid-year would mean they think they have a hit on their hands). Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,500 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

No official reasons being cited either. So could be anything from problems with the film as is, to them thinking it just might do better in the new slot (although mid-year would mean they think they have a hit on their hands). Fingers crossed.

It will be going up against Shazam so maybe they are thinking no one will want to see another DC film.

I'd pick Hellboy myself over Shazam.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Looks pretty damn cool.

picture.php?albumid=787&pictureid=15474

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,136 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Still kinda looks like Ron Perlman (or should that be Perlman looks like Hellboy? :D )

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,136 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

A new imagine popped up from this; with an April release, I suspect we're not far off from a trailer;

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/hellboy-reboot-violent-bloody-says-director-neil-marshall-exclusive-image/

A small interview with director Neil Marshall confirms it's going to be a gory, violent reboot. With Marshall at the helm and having watched this previous films, I believe him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,827 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I'd have liked to see more from Del Toro and Perlman, but still reasonably hopeful for this. He's had some misfires, but when he gets it right Marshall's movies can be gory fun.

Sure enough, with the promotions ramping up, there's a trailer due Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭ThePott

https://streamable.com/6c6tq

Psst... early trailer ;)

I enjoy the look of this, wondering how R-rated it's going to be, definitely a real buddy cop comedy vibe to it.

Just recently got some of the Hellboy omnibuses so looking forward to this now.

Glad the trailer didn't use any obvious music choices like Red Right Hand :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Looks absolutely terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Looks a bit a bit better.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Oof that trailer was extremely messy. Very little hooked me from that anyway. It seems a very 'british' type comedy, which has opposite ends of spectrum of course. It didn't come across great from that snapshot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭brevity

Seemed fun but a bit all over the place at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Quite liked the Hellboy design in stills, but Harbour really seems to be struggling with the facial prosthetics there. It seems far too cumbersome and heavy for him to emote in.

I didn't realise this was set in England, I was thrown off initially by the very British location and cast - though Daniel DaeKim's English accent is bloody brutal. Alkost Dick VanDyke level there.

Overall looks like the "working stiff" resignation is there, some of the comedy made me laugh. Cautiously optimistic on this one, will wait n see though

• Registered Users Posts: 85,888 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is that Big Mo Harris Slater from Eastenders?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Had to have a listen now.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭p to the e

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is that Big Mo Harris Slater from Eastenders?

Gary Oldman's sister.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,888 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

p to the e wrote: »
    Gary Oldman's sister.

Yes Laila Morse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Trailer looks pretty terrible tbh. And I never thought I'd say this but they need a bit of CGI on his face.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

It looks dreadful. From the trailer it looks like they have made a complete utter mess of it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Hmmmmm......

I am unimpressed. There's parts of that trailer that look like something out of an episode of Buffy the vampire slayer.

Hopefully they turn it around, somehow.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,295 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I’m always reticent to judge on a trailer, but was taken aback at how cheap this looks. Marshall has been working in TV primarily for a while now, and dare I suggest it shows - just has a strange, jarringly low-budget look to it, at least in the YouTube encoding.

The first two Hellboy films are hardly masterpieces, but del Toro made them look rich and colourful and even probably a bit more expensive than they actually were. Even allowing this is a lower budget take on the material... it looks retrograde and like something you’d get on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,796 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

maybe its on purpose but the arms looks terrible, that wrist part is too long, it too much looks like he is holding a fake fist.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Comedy looks good, not sure I'm on board the OTT CGI gore though. Ditto the citywide destruction, bit sick of films trashing entire cities just 'cos they can.

Some of the monster design looks pretty spectacular though. And it's also weird seeing Milla Jovovich in a non Resident Evil film. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Everything in the second trailer looked good except for Hellboy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Sold! :D

Oh so sold!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,796 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

jokes didn't land

Advertisement