Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do Men hate Sex & The City?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

rovert wrote: »
    They have really gotten to you havent they?
    lol just read it back :o

but its a good show and not as shallow as people think it is thats my point...i think lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭DEEP THROAT

Haven't read ANY of the posts just saw the thread in the main section but it I think its quite obvious......

Men Hate Sex & The City because........

It's Absolute Crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

must be me so- i like it! i'm a wuss!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

The reason it's crap is because the women are too old. That lead wan is ugly. No story to it only same sh1te every episode. They should rename it milf's in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

6.) it hasn't got Leonard Nimoy in ANY role. ( a major let-down. )

Yeah... what's the deal with that? How did the show ever get past the planning stages with that sort of attitude.
    Sam Kade wrote: »
    The reason it's crap is because the women are too old. That lead wan is ugly. No story to it only same sh1te every episode. They should rename it milf's in the city.

But 'MILFS' are by definition someone you would like to have the sex with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

I think its fairly sh*ite now alright. F BTW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Interesting how people are saying that the women in it are narrow minded, shallow and obsessive about men and at the same time half the men on here are complaining that the women on the show aren't good looking enough for them to watch the show.

Interesting how people are saying that the women in it are narrow minded, shallow and obsessive about men and at the same time half the men on here are complaining that the women on the show aren't good looking enough for them to watch the show.

Exactly... they aren't attractive, so they should be compensating for that by having interesting and appealing personalities.... They're giving us absolutely nothing to work with here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

????

Kristin Davis is gorgeous!

kristin-davis-10th-annual-screen-actors-guild-awards-arrivals-08PZ2u.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Unattractive she is not.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I think they all look like men TBH.

I like Desperate Housewifes becuase some of the characters are kind of hot and the shows story lines are so ridiculous, you can't help but laugh at them.

Sex and the City isn't like that, you can't laugh at the speeches about men and how bad/sexy they are! In Desperate Housewifes there are more characters and they play off each other better.

I hate almost all soaps but I can watch Desperate Houswifes. I can't watch a full episode of sex and the city without being bored out of my mind.
    Short version, sex and the city not aimed at men.

Desperate Housewifes, so fooked up its funny.

Top Gear, aimed at men and well written :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

The main reason is that it tries to be funny but it isn't; its just cringeworthy. The trailer is just bad...the botox joke?? :eek:

I can understand Desperate Housewives being entertaining...some good storylines and sometimes funny, one of the few women's programmes I wouldn't mind watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

IanCurtis wrote: »
    ????

Kristin Davis is gorgeous!

kristin-davis-10th-annual-screen-actors-guild-awards-arrivals-08PZ2u.jpg

Giggidy..

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

smccarrick wrote: »
    My wife is demanding I bring her to see the Sex and the City film and I am trying to think of some way of knocking myself for the 2 hours (or however long it is). Perhaps I'll be able to sleep through it? Last time I did that though, the bollicking I got for snoring in the cinema wasn't worth it :( Perhaps an audio book on my phone and a discrete headset? Seriously- answering ridiculous gardening questions from random members of the public is positively rivetting in comparison :(

Eh just refuse to go. That's what I'm doing. Worked a charm with 'P.S. I Love You' too. She even waited til I went out on a night out with the lads to rent it out. Not a hope of me watching any of that drival :cool:
    And the only good things Kim Cattrall ever did were Big Trouble in Little China and Star Trek VI.

Police Academy?

IMO the show is mind numbing tv at its best. The characters are more irritating and superficial than anything else and hold zero appeal to guys. Probably one of the worst shows ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

off topic slightly it may be but kristin davis done nudey homemade pics recently didn't she..happy days for all involved :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Sex and the City utterly objectifies men.

If a similar show had a group of guys who slept around, dumped girls for being too fat or not having big enough breasts, demanded a perfection trophy-wife in exchange for cash and security, set out to define perfect relationship material, and then had the main characters slapping each other on the back for their decisions, women would hate it too.

What amazes me is that it's a show that has the awesome Special Agent Dale Cooper in it and yet somehow still manages to suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,254 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

If a similar show had a group of guys who slept around, dumped girls for being too fat or not having big enough breasts, demanded a perfection trophy-wife in exchange for cash and security, set out to define perfect relationship material, and then had the main characters slapping each other on the back for their decisions, women would hate it too.

exactly.

But I'd take the redhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Overheal wrote: »
    exactly.

But I'd take the redhead.

:eek: You have to be joking me. Wouldn't let me worst enemy touch that dyke.

080416_cynthia_nixon.jpg

You'd take the redhead and.... drown her in a lake???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

the thing that annoys me the most about the show is the serious lack of lookers, bradshaw is a sheer ditch pig, an absolute travesty to the female form and i wouldnt ride her into battle, Samantha is getting on in years and looks like she's had half of New Yorks porridge in her mouth at some stage and Miranda (sp?) is a dirty ugly ginger dyke with red nipples.

The show is fun for what it is, but when you consider how much time they spend without clothes / talking about sex i find its hard not to be repulsed by them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

You'd take the redhead and.... drown her in a lake???

Lmao YES shes Horrid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Leave our girls alone ye bullies :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Leave our girls alone ye bullies :(

I know some girls who are borderline obsessed with aping the characters in this show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭milod

caoibhin wrote: »
    I know some girls who are borderline obsessed with aping the characters in this show.

+1

My ex actually thought she was Carrie Bradshaw... It became embarrassing to watch...

I think the reason men don't get SATC is the fact that the storyline is awkwardly draped around New York centric lifestyle 'issues'. The ladies 'get' the glamour, shoes, and gossip thing which leaves us guys cold.

To be fair though, when watching Top Gear, my g/f doesn't really 'get' the importance of brake-horsepower and torque on the latest BMW M5...

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭JackieO

What about "Men behaving badly"?????? A big hit with the ladies aswell I'm sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

JackieO wrote: »
    What about "Men behaving badly"?????? A big hit with the ladies aswell I'm sure.

LoL, the general humour behind MBB was based around the patheticness of the two male leads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

Im a girl and i hate sex in the city & desperate housewives!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

I think it's funny and entertaining and not to be taken seriously, although one must ask the light it portrays women in, not every bird is like that, in fact things would generally be better if birds were more like your woman Samantha (and quit bleedin moaning over men,etc it's BORING) :D:pac:

Give me the football anyday though :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

I actually think there should be a show like that:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement