Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter V: Despite all his ragé he's still just a rat in a Kage

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

I'd be surprised if USF4 wasn't present for the next 2-3 evos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Sairus wrote: »
    Remember when SFxT was gonna replace SF4? Good times.

What delusional fools said that? And I mean even BEFORE that game out? I thought it would complement SF4, not outright replace it and well..... we all know what happened there. :pac:

I agree that this years EVO will ( probably ) be the last where SF4 is the final game played though. I still imagine that SF4 will a presence at EVO in some shape or form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

Maybe they'll do something with omega next year, who knows

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yeah I kinda specifically meant as the main event. Obviously there'll be a SFIV side tournament the way there's 3S now. Then in 2-3 years time there'll be a MASSIVE outcry when SFIV is not on the list despite 20 people playing it in the tournament :D

You're deluding yourself though if you think Capcom or Sony will be putting their resources into anything but V next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

You're deluding yourself though if you think Capcom or Sony will be putting their resources into anything but V next year.

QFT

But yeah, SF4 will likely be side tourney at most events, just not as big. No pro tour and not as big payout + new SF game = SF4 wont be played as much. But wont die just yet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Anyone manage to get a ticket to the London event? They're all gone now.

Sickened I missed it; was refreshing the page all day:(

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJUgQQXVEAIISAd.jpg

A new stage? Reminds me of particular Tekken 6 stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Merces

Ireland, Wales, New Zealand?

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Merces wrote: »
    Ireland, Wales, New Zealand?

Too much blue sky to be Ireland :P

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

PS4 beta details, no offline play or ps3 stick support. Hope there's at least a training mode (besides waiting in training mode for the next online match).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Constant Markievicz

"Stages

While players are awaiting their match, they’ll be training in the Grid. Versus matches will take place in either the Bustling Side Street (China), Terminal Station (London) or in the brand new stage the Forgotten Waterfall. Here’s a look at what the Forgotten Waterfall looks like.

Look familiar? Maybe you’ve seen the top of it in a previous Street Fighter. Each of the stages has been inspired by various locales throughout the world with the Forgotten Waterfall’s inspiration being directly pulled from New Zealand."

-That's from Combofiend's description of the beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Any details on when the PC Beta is?

Any details on when the PC Beta is?

http://www.streetfighter.com/beta/

Beta sign-up page says "this fall"

Unfortunately there will be no local versus mode during this BETA

Rip xgc sf5 beta casuals

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

This is waaay too on the nose to be Blanka :P I figure Sean and Blanka will both be announced in Brazil. (Or that Laura character if Ken Bogard is to be believed)

Stage looks really nice. It's a cool take on Brazil. I really hope they remove that desaturation on the colors though. It looks really washed out.

October is when Brazil Game Show takes place, which I assume Capcom will be attending. Maybe the new stage is not pointing to Blanka/Sean/Oro in any way, but just pointing to the fact that the character will be revealed at Brazil Game Show on the new Brazil stage? Capcom did say they aren't doing stages for characters, but rather stages for the sake of stages. I'm willing to bet it's not a Brazillian character, at all, but the Brazil theme is just to match the venue, aka, Brazil

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

So... Ono in a Blanka suit, with 3 Blanka heads, and his trademark Blanka figure?

... yeah, must be a Sean teaser.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

I have applied for the beta code on PS4. As I don't have a PS4 and if I get a code I'll just give the code to someone in the community who does (assuming they don't get in).

If anyone who gets into the beta is inviting people over to there house to try it out the beta, I've got first :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Desperately don't want to see Blanka in this game. :pac:

No charge Blanka would be so annoying.

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    So... Ono in a Blanka suit, with 3 Blanka heads, and his trademark Blanka figure?

... yeah, must be a Sean teaser.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he's trolling, and they're going to reveal Oro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

Maybe sean has a mate that does capoeira

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

airmax87 wrote: »
    Maybe sean has a mate that does capoeira
    Elena is from Africa though.

Real talk, I still half expect they want to harvest animations from SFxT so another Capoeira character that is loosely based on Christie wouldn't be too far out imo.

But this is Street Fighter, so a new Brazillian character would probably have a soccer based playstyle.

EDIT: Also: http://www.siliconera.com/2015/07/08/street-fighter-v-will-include-alex-and-urien-from-street-fighter-iii/
    Apparently Urien and Alex are baack, but Siliconera won't mention their source.

I'll have money on the fact that it wont be a Brazilian character revealed, Ono throwing a curve ball as per usual

That being said, plz Capcom, Urien ;__; Answer my prayer, for the last 10 years I've wanted this character back

Urien would fit the SFV engine well too.

Aegis could be a V-Trigger only move.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Got to play this for the first time tonight in Leeds! Won my matches, so had a great time haha.

The game feels really weird at first, not at all like you'd expect. More like alpha than 3s; it's hard to describe. Ranges have gotten WAY shorter. Everyone was just whiffing normals next to each other all evening. Punishing stuff is tough unless it's blatantly unsafe, but that could just be because we didn't know how to punish yet. You really need to be making a lot more reads now.

I cornered Matt Edwards, the capcom uk guy and had a long chat with him. I asked about bringing SFV over here at which point I kinda turned into Mrs. Doyle; ah shur you will, ah go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, GO ON :pac: He says if he has a new build by September he would like to bring it over to Celtic throwdown. But I couldn't get him to promise anything. Sorry guys, I tried! I did an interview for him after but I hope it doesn't go up on YouTube because I get a bit flustered on camera.

I only played ryu, so bare that in mind if anyone has any questions. I'll answer what I can!

Oh and I'm to say hello to Fergus, who's reputation now precedes him internationally.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Silicon Era have "leaked" Alex, Urien, Karin and R Mika, basically saying they're 100% in without providing any form of evidence whatsoever. Take from that what you will.

That's sick Rob, gg! Hopefully RS can make the push on this side for SFV at CT.

Fergie-chan, yUsoFAMOUS

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Silicon Era have "leaked" Alex, Urien, Karin and R Mika, basically saying they're 100% in without providing any form of evidence whatsoever. Take from that what you will.

"Guaranteed" leaks without actual sources?

Sounds like some QUALITY games journalism! :pac:

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    "Guaranteed" leaks without actual sources?

Sounds like some QUALITY games journalism! :pac:

FTFY :P

Advertisement