Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 35 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

He was suspended for 10 yellows

Thats good to know, I thought he might have been dropped by Dick.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

With Rooney injured getting in RVP (who scored 2 for their U21s last night) could be a great bit of craic for anyone with the cash!!

http://metro.co.uk/2015/04/29/robin-van-persie-must-be-given-the-chance-to-fill-the-void-left-by-the-injured-wayne-rooney-as-manchester-united-chase-top-four-spot-5172704/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

iroced wrote: »
    So this week, looks like it's my midfield I need to sort out. One of Silva, Fabregas or Sterling out for an Arsenal midfielder. Original plan was Fab to Sanchez but Silva has me worried...

I'm in exactly the same position. Original plan was to get Fab out but they will be absolutely going for it against palace at the weekend and if Costa is not playing he might be advanced again. Would love to ditch Sterling but they are home to QPR.
    Silva looks most likely but maybe the wise move is to bank the transfer and reassess next week? I can do 2 out for Sanchez and Ramsey (or Giroud) then

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

menoscemo wrote: »
    I'm in exactly the same position. Original plan was to get Fab out but they will be absolutely going for it against palace at the weekend and if Costa is not playing he might be advanced again. Would love to ditch Sterling but they are home to QPR.
    Silva looks most likely but maybe the wise move is to bank the transfer and reassess next week? I can do 2 out for Sanchez and Ramsey (or Giroud) then

Similar boat and definitely banking my transfer - will reassess next week with 2FT's and another GW to go before the DGW

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

menoscemo wrote: »

I'm thinking of banking myself. I'm sure I'll continue to lose value on Silva, but sure, these things happen. Value not as major now as it was at the start of the season. Still have loads to play around with and will appreciate more being able to make 2 transfers towards the end of next week in prep for the double in 37. The players i have now still have good fixtures for this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Kos in I think.

FHFC wrote: »
    With Rooney injured getting in RVP (who scored 2 for their U21s last night) could be a great bit of craic for anyone with the cash!!

http://metro.co.uk/2015/04/29/robin-van-persie-must-be-given-the-chance-to-fill-the-void-left-by-the-injured-wayne-rooney-as-manchester-united-chase-top-four-spot-5172704/

And I knew only Prodston would thank that post!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

And I knew only Prodston would thank that post!! :D

I was going to thank it, but I didn't want you to think I thought the move was a good idea!

I was going to thank it, but I didn't want you to think I thought the move was a good idea!

Thats how I knew only Mr P would thank it!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Thats how I knew only Mr P would thank it!

Maybe it'd be 3rd time lucky this season :pac:

:o

• Advertisement

Maybe it'd be 3rd time lucky this season :pac:

:o

It's becoming something I might actually do. :eek::cool:

It's becoming something I might actually do. :eek::cool:

I'll do it if you do it :D

Assuming I can work some magic on the balance sheets :pac:

I'll do it if you do it :D

Assuming I can work some magic on the balance sheets :pac:

Jesus! Were you just sitting there hitting refresh waiting for me to post that or what! ! :D

Has this type of collaboration ever ended well. Remember Jovetic (c)....

Jesus! Were you just sitting there hitting refresh waiting for me to post that or what! ! :D

Ummm....no, definitely not :o Ahem....nah was just after coming to the end of my notifications and you popped up :pac:

Ah Jovetic, if I hadn't gone for him I was getting Pelle even a week earlier than everyone else. We can't always be wrong though, can we? :)

Seriously though he's been awful all season, may not start and is an expensive gamble. If you're happy to try something to push on rather than consolidate 10k then we can continue negotiations. I'm living my season through you now. Director of Football has a nice ring to it :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

hhhmmmmm if aguero didn't have QPR at home next weekend I'd be in on this too :D
    I also remember Jovetic captain
    I also remember Balotelli captain gw4 when I sold Costa due to his "injury"
    never recovered from that week

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

km79 wrote: »
    hhhmmmmm if aguero didn't have QPR at home next weekend I'd be in on this too :D
    I also remember Jovetic captain
    I also remember Balotelli captain gw4 when I sold Costa due to his "injury"
    never recovered from that week

I also remember rvp captain gw 3 and 4 away to burnley 2 pts home to qpr 1 pt while injured costa tore it up.
    Its been a strange season from an FF point of view both utd and pool players have been a disaster bar DDG and Mig and adm for his brief purple patch. Utd havent had any consistent attacking scorers all season and the likes of henderson slipped under the radar a bit and by the time we all got on we seem to have missed the boat.

Ummm....no, definitely not :o Ahem....nah was just after coming to the end of my notifications and you popped up :pac:

Ah Jovetic, if I hadn't gone for him I was getting Pelle even a week earlier than everyone else. We can't always be wrong though, can we? :)

Seriously though he's been awful all season, may not start and is an expensive gamble. If you're happy to try something to push on rather than consolidate 10k then we can continue negotiations. I'm living my season through you now. Director of Football has a nice ring to it :cool:

Everything would depend on what Van Gaal says tomorrow, and he's usually pretty forthright. After that my position is that I could afford over the next two weeks to get RVP for Studge (yes, I still have 11.1m of nothing on my bench and have done for the last two weeks, while still getting green arrows I might add) and still also get Ramsey and Sanchez for Fab and Sterling. After Studge to RVP I'd have 2m in the bank.

I'd then see it most likely that I'd get Giroud for RVP for the DGW.

The cons of this plan are...
    1. It's hard to justify Sterling or Fab out this week given the fixtures. So I'd go another week with zero Arsenal coverage.
    2. It would mean no Benteke who I had firmly planned on for the run in.
    3. I've no wriggle room on price changes so might end up not getting Rambo / Alexis till the DGW.

I've considered going with Ramsey as my only Arsenal mid, and maybe getting. Belerin or Kos, but I feel Ramsey or Alexis are going to tear it up some of these weeks and want to cover both. Hence the unease of leaving one out for two more weeks.

So, do I tear up the relatively safe three arsenal and Benteke plan for a two week punt on a retired postman?

So can you run that all by the board and see how it flies.....

PS. Not matter how crazy things get it will not be captaining him........definately.

No, seriously. I won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Ramsey, ozil or carzola is a serious headwrecker , I'm thinking Rambo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

don't want sterling anymore as Liverpool are pure poison. Think I'll double up early on the Arsenal and get Rambo in for him. Obviously already have Sanchez.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

PS. Not matter how crazy things get it will not be captaining him........definately.

No, seriously. I won't.

i would ONLY sign him I was captaining him. otherwise just sign benteke

km79 wrote: »
    i would ONLY sign him I was captaining him. otherwise just sign benteke

I'm not in complete roll the dice and fukit territory. Way to risky to not captain Hazard this week. The point of an rvp punt for me would be the gamble that he could nicely outscore Giroud, Benteke, Vardy over the next two gws.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I'm not in complete roll the dice and fukit territory. Way to risky to not captain Hazard this week. The point of an rvp punt for me would be the gamble that he could nicely outscore Giroud, Benteke, Vardy over the next two gws.

And he could just as easily not outscore them! I like your gambling instinct though...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Arsenal play (Sunday-Wednesday)-Sunday before the cup final six days later. They'll have a top three place guaranteed with the league already won by Chelsea. Yet everybody seems hell-bent on getting three of their players for the DGW. Surely few of the top players will start both DGW games.

I think I'll be keeping a close eye on whoever else is in formand maybe only have two Arsenal players. The only caveat is that Sunderland at home could be a bloodbath.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Arsenal play (Sunday-Wednesday)-Sunday before the cup final six days later. They'll have a top three place guaranteed with the league already won by Chelsea. Yet everybody seems hell-bent on getting three of their players for the DGW. Surely few of the top players will start both DGW games.

I think I'll be keeping a close eye on whoever else is in formand maybe only have two Arsenal players. The only caveat is that Sunderland at home could be a bloodbath.

In relation to this, I came across this post by Kolonnawa 42 on FFS:

"I am seeing a lot of chat of potential rotation for the Arsenal DGW, but I think this just paranoia. I am by no means an Arsenal fan but from my understanding Arsene Wenger doesnt make wholesale changes for the sake of it.

In 2014 going into GW38 Arsenal had already secured 4th spot and all the hype was about the FA cup final the following week. Could Arsenal finally end the drought. Here are the teams which were fielded -

11th May 2014 – Norwich 0-2 Arsenal (GW38)

Fabianski
    Gibbs Koscielny Jenkinson Sagna
    Arteta Rosicky (Abou Diaby - 74' )
    Podolski Özil Ramsey (Wilshere - 63' )
    Giroud (Sanogo - 74' )

17th May 2014 – Arsenal 3-2 Hull (FA Cup final)

Fabianski
    Gibbs Koscielny Mertesacker Sagna
    Arteta Cazorla (Rosicky - 105' )
    Podolski (Sanogo - 61' ) Özil (Wilshere - 105' ) Ramsey
    Giroud

You would think that going into GW38 with nothing to play for Arsene would have rested all his big names with the FA cup final only 6 days later. Looking at the teams we can see rotation was minimal –

Jenkinson started over Mertesaker
    Rosicky started over Cazorla.

Now the Arsenal squad of 2014 wasn’t as strong as the squad of 2015 and Arsene does have more (fit) options available to him but I still don’t think we need to worry about significant rotation in GW38 and certainly not in GW37."

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Ballotelli is injured. Brilliant news for everyone with Liverpool attackers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Top 3 won't be guaranteed before the last day of the season if we lose at Old Trafford (assuming ManU and Man City don't slip up the next two matches)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Ballotelli is injured. Brilliant news for everyone with Liverpool attackers.

I am not sure that it is! Liverpool have been pants recently. No cutting edge up front.
    With Mario out Sterling will likely play up front unless Lambert gets the call...but it is hard to see Liverpool filling their boots with goals.

But they are playing QPR.....!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭cottager83

Already have cazorla n benteke, thinking of bringing in giroud for Rooney ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Any suggestions?

7ce610f1b032f122bc723450571ac84c.png

Advertisement