Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 35 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

FHFC wrote: »
    I'd be tempted by Benteke to Kane but have a feeling Spurs City could be a 4-3 kinda game.

You know Remy is likely to play v Palace? I'd not be so sure about shipping him for either Benteke or Giroud for this week.

How likely is he to play though? I've been burned badly by him. Don't think I could stomach another no show from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

iroced wrote: »
    I see you're Silva-free. Would you recommend to me to ditch him ahead of Fab?

I've been silva free for a long time and it's not been a good thing! But too late to get him in now for me.

It's hard to sell either this week, given my gut about a high scoring Spurs City game. Silva scares me, having gotten away without him hurting me for the past few weeks makes it even more worrying.

Would probably sell Fab this week if I really had to sell one.

*stumbles in with a pager in one hand and a beer in the other*

You have my approval for Giroud, unless I can interest you in a Danny Welbeck :)

He's differential enough this week as attention hasn't turned to GW37 just yet. Plus you can watch him on Monday night football.

Although how about that Andi Weimann, are you sure you're not interested?

Welbeck is actually a worry when it comes to Giroud. I know the track record is Wenger not going to wholesale rest players even if 3rd sewn up, but if anybody might get a run it's Welbeck for Giroud IMO. But probably a chance I'll have to take.

As for weimann, you just run along back to that lap dancing club, sorry I bothered you....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

How likely is he to play though? I've been burned badly by him. Don't think I could stomach another no show from him.
    In that case for all the reasons I gave in my previous post I'd get Giroud.

In addition Everton only conceded 2 goals in their last 6.

Dunno, they've been poor with Drogba leading the line to the point that he went with no striker for 45 mins last week, and Jose's quotes seemed positive to me. In FFS and guardian lineups fwiw.

• Advertisement

I've been silva free for a long time and it's not been a good thing! But too late to get him in now for me.

It's hard to sell either this week, given my gut about a high scoring Spurs City game. Silva scares me, having gotten away without him hurting me for the past few weeks makes it even more worrying.

Would probably sell Fab this week if I really had to sell one.
    Yeah this situation annoys me. It should be a no brainer but Silva is on feuquing 3-4-2-1 (no it's not City tactical formation :p)... Fab is home to QPR but plays very deep... but manages to keep his assist machine working... Aaaahhhh...

Or. Disappointing Sterling out.

I may end up tossing a coin :pac:...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Welbeck is actually a worry when it comes to Giroud. I know the track record is Wenger not going to wholesale rest players even if 3rd sewn up, but if anybody might get a run it's Welbeck for Giroud IMO. But probably a chance I'll have to take.

As for weimann, you just run along back to that lap dancing club, sorry I bothered you....

The chairman is very generous with his money :)

Well lets just see about Master Weimann tomorrow when he goes and gets a goal and assist!

I still haven't made my transfer either...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Yeah this situation annoys me. It should be a no brainer but Silva is on feuquing 3-4-2-1 (no it's not City tactical formation :p)... Fab is home to QPR but plays very deep... but manages to keep his assist machine working... Aaaahhhh...

Or. Disappointing Sterling out.

I may end up tossing a coin :pac:...

Is it to get an Arsenal MF in? I'll debate the pros & cons til 11.25 then more than likely bank!

In that case for all the reasons I gave in my previous post I'd get Giroud.

In addition Everton only conceded 2 goals in their last 6.

All the logic in my head is telling me to get Giroud. But I have a gut feeling Benteke will do something against Everton.

I'm conscious of the Everton cleanies recently. The United game was very impressive. The others were all at home. 2 were Southampton and Newcaslte, 2 teams in cruise control. The other was Burnley, a team that doesn't seem to score goals. They are away to Villa (a team with a lot to play for, and a team scoring goals), and they have conceeded in their last 5 away games.

Funnily, the DGW has me steering clear of Giroud temporarily. I got burned by Remy by bringing him in early. I would have gotten Ivan in if Remy wasn't taking up my 3rd Chelsea spot. More than likely I will go for Giroud, but I think I'd rather make that decision closer to the DGW.

Dunno, they've been poor with Drogba leading the line to the point that he went with no striker for 45 mins last week, and Jose's quotes seemed positive to me. In FFS and guardian lineups fwiw.

Hmmm. Might need to sit up a bit figuring this out!

• Advertisement

Just to counter the Giroud in debate, what about Rambo & Sanchez with either Kos or Bellerin for the DGW? Could be massive potential there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

As for me, plan was to ditch Fabregas to an Arsenal midfielder. But shouldn't I drop Silva instead? I do feel though he has more chances to get involved in goal(s) but City are so misfiring. Fabregas plays deeper but takes corner and is an assist machine this year. And Chelsea are cruising.

I ended up keeping Sterling and Fabregas and ditching Silva for Sanchez.

I really hope it doesn't backfire. I just think Silva has been a little of form of late....

Just to counter the Giroud in debate, what about Rambo & Sanchez with either Kos or Bellerin for the DGW? Could be massive potential there

This is why I'm reluctant to get him in now...it's make my decision a good few weeks out. This backfired with Remy last GW

I might just role my transfer over. Hope Kramaric plays and I've got Phillips coming in if he doesn't. Plus I'll be a week wiser then and able to afford Giroud if I'll want him.

I'm so sensible :)

Is it to get an Arsenal MF in? I'll debate the pros & cons til 11.25 then more than likely bank!
    Yeah Sanchez or Rambo in.
    All the logic in my head is telling me to get Giroud. But I have a gut feeling Benteke will do something against Everton.

I'm conscious of the Everton cleanies recently. The United game was very impressive. The others were all at home. 2 were Southampton and Newcaslte, 2 teams in cruise control. The other was Burnley, a team that doesn't seem to score goals. They are away to Villa (a team with a lot to play for, and a team scoring goals), and they have conceeded in their last 5 away games.

Funnily, the DGW has me steering clear of Giroud temporarily. I got burned by Remy by bringing him in early. I would have gotten Ivan in if Remy wasn't taking up my 3rd Chelsea spot. More than likely I will go for Giroud, but I think I'd rather make that decision closer to the DGW.
    I'm having the same struggle than yourself with my midfield to ditch... Plan was and still is Fab. Plays deep. Does take corner kicks though. But doesn't seem to get the same good relationship with Drogba/Rémy/Oscar/etc than he had with Costa earlier in the season.
    But Silva's form frustrates me. If City play 4-4-2 like Guardian are predicting, he may be quite deep too. But he does get in scoring positions often enough in games...

Yeah Sanchez or Rambo in.

I'm having the same struggle than yourself with my midfield to ditch... Plan was and still is Fab. Plays deep. Does take corner kicks though. But doesn't seem to get the same good relationship with Drogba/Rémy/Oscar/etc than he had with Costa earlier in the season.
    But Silva's form frustrates me. If City play 4-4-2 like Guardian are predicting, he may be quite deep too. But he does get in scoring positions often enough in games...

I feel Pellegrini has figured out that they are much better as a 4-5-1, and he want them to finish on a high with a view to keeping his job. I feel Silva is more likely to grab a goal, so personally I'd be keeping him. But it's a close one!

Seeing all this Giroud/Benteke debate and my unability to choose between Fab & Silva to ditch I just thought of that. Ditch both and get Sanchez & Rambo in. Problems solved :D.
    This is why I'm reluctant to get him in now...it's make my decision a good few weeks out. This backfired with Remy last GW
    This is true but does it mean you'll only get your Arsenal cover in GW37?

Seeing all this Giroud/Benteke debate and my unability to choose between Fab & Silva to ditch I just though of that. Ditch both and get Sanchez & Rambo in. Problems solved :D.

It'd be a kicker to get rid of Fab or Silva & then Sterling to have a stinker, which is my biggest fear. Will need another transfer to get rif of him next week!

Well it does worry me that I would be Arsenal-less for this week at least. That's why I was considering a hit earlier tonight to bring in both this week (I think I'm over that now!).

Arsenal have Swansea at home next week, so would bring in someone next week for that (either Giroud or Ramsey probably). Then would have 1FT for GW37, so would need to decide if I wanted to take a hit to have 3xArsenal.

Edit: on the Benteke vs Giroud thing, the ownership should be noted. In the top 1k, 25% own Giroud, vs 5% Benteke. I presume the top 10k figure (more approporiate for me!) are similar.

Considering Ramsey/Sanchez and Benteke now.

Remy and Oscar to start probably, and Willian played well lately. Fab may be more deep.

Sanchez and Giroud similar,ownership at around 30%. Benteke still a real differential at 7ish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Remy & Silva out, Benteke & Ramsey in for a -4.

Was half tempted to stick with remy but he's after doing enough damage the past few gw's so regardless of what he does tomorrow, good riddance to him.

Remy and Oscar to start probably, and Willian played well lately. Fab may be more deep.

Sanchez and Giroud similar,ownership at around 30%. Benteke still a real differential at 7ish.

Ramsey. Never doubted that guy.

As your DOF I command that you buy Ramsey and Benteke and go to bed.

F*ck it, I'm getting Benteke in.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Pulled trigger on Silva to Rambo.

Was going to bank the transfer, but rambo rising and silva dropping, it felt like a good time to go.

It'd be a kicker to get rid of Fab or Silva & then Sterling to have a stinker, which is my biggest fear. Will need another transfer to get rif of him next week!
    You b@st@rd :pac:! But you're right...

Plan was to ditch Sterling next GW away to Chelsea anyway. I may actually give a lot more credit to the Arsenal mids double up for the DGW...

So if I look at it long-term it's
    Fab (QPR, LIV, wba, SUN) vs Silva (tot, QPR, swa, SOU)

But Chelsea may have season over after this GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Boring transfer to stock up for DGW

Out: Moreno

In: PvA

Already have 3 Arsenal players

In addition to their respective fixtures I've just analysed, you may have eventually convinced me to ditch Fab and "gamble" on Silva :p.

And I may get Benteke for Vardy next GW and Rambo in midfield instead of Giroud upfront.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Remy out, Lukaku in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Haven't been paying as much attention recently, think i'll bank the transfer. Who to play out of silva/vardy/fab? And which 2 of bellerin/alderweireld/schlupp? Leaning towards benching fab & schlupp atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I'm having a tough time with this transfer(s). I'm currently putting serious consideration towards getting Defoe back in with that Dgw in mind, allows me to keep the two Liverpool mids, I feel they will score a few today:o and the Chelsea defensive double up. I want Grealish though

Advertisement