Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 35 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

stephenl15 wrote: »
    I wouldn't sell Aguero. Last time he played spurs in the league he ended with 4 goals and a missed pen.

While I'm not a fan of making decisions based on the reverse fixture, Pellegrini seems to have realized that Aguero has to be played as a lone striker. Agreed, I certainly wouldn't get rid of him right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Would ye go for benteke or pelle so for Rooney?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,039 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

As a Villa fan, I will just point out that anything Benteke does is likely to feature Grealish or Delph, in terms of assists. Those three are forming a nice little attacking trio, and the latter two are good budget midfield options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Neil3030 wrote:
    As a Villa fan, I will just point out that anything Benteke does is likely to feature Grealish or Delph, in terms of assists. Those three are forming a nice little attacking trio, and the latter two are good budget midfield options.

Is Grealish nailed on? Only 4.3 so could make a handy 5th mid enabler to help afford to get 2 big Arsenal mids in.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Is there any cheap Sunderland midfielder worth a punt? Someone like Pauly D may know. They have a double coming up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Lemlin wrote: »
    Is there any cheap Sunderland midfielder worth a punt? Someone like Pauly D may know. They have a double coming up.

I would think just Larsson is nailed, maybe Rodwell. Gomez is on pens when on the pitch

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Not much to choose from there! Gomez at 5.1m if you feel you must. He averages an attempt a game and is on a few set pieces. If he is on the pitch might be good for a penalty too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Could Conor Wickham be resurrected to do what he did last year?

Scored at the weekend too. I wouldn't be too interested just yet though

• Registered Users Posts: 17,039 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

spock. wrote: »
    Is Grealish nailed on? Only 4.3 so could make a handy 5th mid enabler to help afford to get 2 big Arsenal mids in.

As nailed on as any teenager showing terrific promise, in that the only things that would keep him out would be an injury or off-field daftness.

Has started the last 4 games including the cup game, and seems to be getting better and better.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

Could Conor Wickham be resurrected to do what he did last year?

Scored at the weekend too. I wouldn't be too interested just yet though

He's on the watch list. Wickham usually wakes from hibernation at this time of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Sanchez is coming in.
    Who would you take out? Bear in mind it will stay like this for the rest of the season..... Sterling (home to QPR) Silva (away to Spurs) or Fabregas (home to C Palace). Keeping Hazard and Boyd.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I have half an eye on Will Buckley after seeing this headline in a tweet today.... He is an attacker from what I know, and has been known to pop up with a goal in the past.

I await Paully's verdict!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I would think just Larsson is nailed, maybe Rodwell. Gomez is on pens when on the pitch

Larsson hasn't started the last couple of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Larsson hasn't started the last couple of games.

He was suspended for 10 yellows

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Remy to Kane this week

Week after monsieur Ramsey will be re-united with team Ramsey Brigadier barring injury :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Time to start getting a bit of Arsenal coverage back. 3 questions lads.

1. Sterling or Coutinho out?
    2. Best replacement?
    3. Do transfer this week or bank. Pool home to QPR, Arsenal away to Hull...

I'm thinking about holding off this week and then Coutinho to Ozil.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Paddy_Irishman

PARlance wrote: »
    Time to start getting a bit of Arsenal coverage back. 3 questions lads.

1. Sterling or Coutinho out?
    2. Best replacement?
    3. Do transfer this week or bank. Pool home to QPR, Arsenal away to Hull...

I'm thinking about holding off this week and then Coutinho to Ozil.

Liverpool have been poor but you'd have to fancy them at home. Sterling will be up front again I'm sure but seems uninterested!

Arsenal have to win to put any pressure on Chelsea but more importantly to secure second. They do tend to finish strong! I would suggest Ramsey/Sanchez as stronger transfers but funds may limit you on Sanchez!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Which Arsenal players do people think are the best option for the last few gameweeks?

1. Sanchez
    2. Giroud
    3. Ramsey?

Or am I forgetting someone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Am I mad to consider Kane out for Giroud? Spurs have nothing to play for and their run in is City(H), Stoke (A), Hull (H) and Everton (A). The other option is to ditch Vardy who is playing in a Leicester team who are fighting for their lives. The run in for them is Newcastle (H), Saints (A), Sunderland (H) and QPR (H). I fancy them to score in at least three of those games and Vardy will be involved in the majority of the attacking play.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,163 ✭✭✭✭km79

Am I mad to consider Kane out for Giroud? Spurs have nothing to play for and their run in is City(H), Stoke (A), Hull (H) and Everton (A). The other option is to ditch Vardy who is playing in a Leicester team who are fighting for their lives. The run in for them is Newcastle (H), Saints (A), Sunderland (H) and QPR (H). I fancy them to score in at least three of those games and Vardy will be involved in the majority of the attacking play.

I'd keep Kane this week as city are shaky at the back but I'd have no hesitation selling him next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

With Vardy's form I may keep him for one more week and get Giroud in for Swansea at home.

So this week, looks like it's my midfield I need to sort out. One of Silva, Fabregas or Sterling out for an Arsenal midfielder. Original plan was Fab to Sanchez but Silva has me worried...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Which Arsenal players do people think are the best option for the last few gameweeks?

1. Sanchez
    2. Giroud
    3. Ramsey?

Or am I forgetting someone?

An arsenal defender is worth a dart too. 2 clean sheets in a row and only one tricky game in their last 5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Unsure what do to with my team this week. Any ideas?

Fabianski
    Cresswell Coleman Cahill (Subs Taylor-Swansea & Duff)
    Cesc Cambiasso Hazzard Eriksen Henderson
    Vardy Kun (Sub Kane)

Had the Leicester and Chelsea lads due to double game week and dont really want to change or take them out due to their current form and nice run in.
    Hendo brought in for double gw to but was a let down.

I think Spurs will beat City on Sunday, but will Kane score more than Vardy v Newcastle who are spineless. An early Leicester goal and they could get 3-4..

Happy with back 3 also.

Maybe go with a 3-4-3, bringing in Kane or Hendo?

Taughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

How does this sound?

GW 35 – Kane to Vardy
    GW 36 – Fabregas to Sanchez
    GW 37 – Baines/Ivanovic to PVA and Benteke to Giroud

Mig
    Ivanovic, Baines, Bertie, Dawson, Bellerin
    Fab, Haz, Sterling, Couthino, Albrighton
    Kane, Benteke, Aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Unsure what do to with my team this week. Any ideas?

Fabianski
    Cresswell Coleman Cahill (Subs Taylor-Swansea & Duff)
    Cesc Cambiasso Hazzard Eriksen Henderson
    Vardy Kun (Sub Kane)

Had the Leicester and Chelsea lads due to double game week and dont really want to change or take them out due to their current form and nice run in.
    Hendo brought in for double gw to but was a let down.

I think Spurs will beat City on Sunday, but will Kane score more than Vardy v Newcastle who are spineless. An early Leicester goal and they could get 3-4..

Happy with back 3 also.

Maybe go with a 3-4-3, bringing in Kane or Hendo?

Taughts?

I would definitely be starting Kane ahead of Eriksen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

G1032 wrote: »
    How does this sound?

GW 35 – Kane to Vardy
    GW 36 – Fabregas to Sanchez
    GW 37 – Baines/Ivanovic to PVA and Benteke to Giroud

Mig
    Ivanovic, Baines, Bertie, Dawson, Bellerin
    Fab, Haz, Sterling, Couthino, Albrighton
    Kane, Benteke, Aguero

Sorry mate but you have missed the boat with this one. Bite the bullet and look elsewhere. Coming to the end of the season surely you will be looking at a diffrential?

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Sorry mate but you have missed the boat with this one. Bite the bullet and look elsewhere. Coming to the end of the season surely you will be looking at a diffrential?

Never considered him for the DGW at all as I didn't think they would so a whole lost v Burnley and Chelsea. (also why I left Albrighton on the bench)

Leicester have nice fixtures and have to go for goals/wins. Vardy is the obvious attacking choice?

Why are you saying to look elsewhere??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

G1032 wrote: »
    Never considered him for the DGW at all as I didn't think they would so a whole lost v Burnley and Chelsea. (also why I left Albrighton on the bench)

Leicester have nice fixtures and have to go for goals/wins. Vardy is the obvious attacking choice?

Why are you saying to look elsewhere??

Why not do Kane to Giroud this week. Then see how Benteke goes...Villa have good fixture and need to get a few results. Could save yourself a -4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

My main league is gone but I'm in a side league where we can make 3 transfers a week (max) and only your match day score is taken into account,not hits.

Team is
    Ming myhill
    Moreno azpil alderwield wolly schulp
    Oscar hendo hazard albrighton fellani
    Rooney Kane Aguero

I'm about 30 points behind so need some differentials aswell, any thing crying out too people?

• Advertisement

Why not do Kane to Giroud this week. Then see how Benteke goes...Villa have good fixture and need to get a few results. Could save yourself a -4.

I have no money for that because I've about a kazillion spent on my defense!

Advertisement