Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Gavlin on the Late Late.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Sardonicat wrote: »
    What subjects did he teach?

He came across as very nervous to me and I think he may have been getting a bit pissed off with Tubridy over the constant questioning on his interest in fashion.

Not sure I like tha "typical witless Kerryman" comment. We Kingdomers have a lot of traits that could be accurately attributed to us in general terms but being devoid of wit is not one of them. We tend to be good at the old verbiage. He doesn't seem so typical to me.

Self-praise, at which you excel, is no praise. Except within the parish, maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Why do you guys hate me?

Well, I hate you because I once bought a gas cylinder refill from your Hardware Store in Swords and it was empty :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

nothing new here, iv never met a kerryman that wasnt full of themselves!

Galvin is a great footballer but a lunatic as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

delaad wrote: »
    Self-praise, at which you excel, is no praise. Except within the parish, maybe
    What self praise? I'll make a list a mile long for you of things I dislike about Kerry people. But we do, like Dubs, tend to be good at the witty banter.Galvin, judging from that interview anyway, doesn't seem to haven any talent for it. To say his lack of wit is typical of Kerrymen is incorrect. He came across as utterly boring and devoid of personality.

I'm not aware of what parish I live in. I don't care either.

Can anyone answer my question regarding what subjects he taught in school? I'd hate to think it was English!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

he taught geography

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭brokenhinge

RonMexico wrote: »
    The steamer is more likely to have a **** watching himself.

It's offensive to the gays to associate him with them.

Also they would never wear that outfit.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Tool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

He is livin' it up, and high-fiven down in Coppers as we speak.

Cool dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

He looks like a younger version of Fagin from the 1968 Oliver! film.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Bellend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

I was fast forwarding through the late late as I had it recorded. Flew through that fella whoever he is and from the picture I saw, I thought he was an Al Qaeda member

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Just watched the interview. Jesus he comes across as some wierdo. What kind of a man would wear that outfit he was wearing in New York?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

He'd want to go up a size in the skinny jeans fat-ass! Someone should tell him they went out of style about a year ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

wellboy76 wrote: »
    I was fast forwarding through the late late as I had it recorded. Flew through that fella whoever he is and from the picture I saw, I thought he was an Al Qaeda member

Al Qaeda wouldn't have him.. he's too violent:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭sollar

Sardonicat wrote: »
    He came across as very nervous to me and I think he may have been getting a bit pissed off with Tubridy over the constant questioning on his interest in fashion.

I don't even like people mentioning if i got new clothes on. I can't imagine how embarrassing that line of questioning would have been if he wasn't expecting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭wyndhurst

It was always known the guy is a looper.
    What was totally freakish was the New York clip of him prancing around in his gay outfit. Does anyone know which side he bats for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

TheZohan wrote: »
    He alledegly threw a duster at a child he was teaching, he quit being a teacher after the incident. Going by what I've seen of him he has anger management issues.

Well, at least he quit.

I'm 8 years out of school now, but in my secondary school there were 2 GAA players teaching. A couple of others who were big into GAA/coaching etc. Of all the teachers in the school they were the weirdest. They behaved strangely and were prone to violence. A duster? I saw that, and much more. I saw a second year pupil being punched in the stomach by one of these men. One of the others was a complete tool, prone to very weird tantrums.

And no one really said anything, it was all quietly tolerated. I thought dusters being thrown around was fairly normal based on my experience, but glad to hear people are actually shocked by stuff like this!

edit - I sympathise with this guy Paul Galvin on one thing though, and that is the judgmentalism of a lot of people here. We can be so parochial about everything, including fashion and how people look. The fantastic thing about a place like new york is you could go out wearing an elephant suit and no one would bat an eyelid. Over here if you wear the clothes he was wearing, it's automatically considered that you're gay, and it's sneered at. We're really very immature on many levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Hate all those people........pete galvin, richard tubridy, trevor farrell, phillip brosnan, frank flately, joe aherne......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭RockinRolla

Who the f*ck watches the Late Late Show?? :eek:

I cant believe we are paying for this ****..

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭dapto1

LookingFor wrote: »
    edit - I sympathise with this guy Paul Galvin on one thing though, and that is the judgmentalism of a lot of people here. We can be so parochial about everything, including fashion and how people look. The fantastic thing about a place like new york is you could go out wearing an elephant suit and no one would bat an eyelid. Over here if you wear the clothes he was wearing, it's automatically considered that you're gay, and it's sneered at. We're really very immature on many levels.

You think people would be having a go at him as much if it wasn't for what he did to the ref in 2008, or to Cadogan this summer, or the duster throwing? Or if he took any responsibility for what he did, instead of saying it "didn't look well"? Or even if he just came across as a nice guy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

dapto1 wrote: »
    You think people would be having a go at him as much if it wasn't for what he did to the ref in 2008, or to Cadogan this summer, or the duster throwing? Or if he took any responsibility for what he did, instead of saying it "didn't look well"? Or even if he just came across as a nice guy?

I wasn't talking about any of that though, just about how he dresses/looks/etc. Have at him for the rest, sure. Bonus points if people can do it without falling back to how gay they think he looks, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I always thought that if Roy Keane, Stephen Ireland and Eric Cantona were sitting in a room together and Paul Galvin walked in, there'd be a hell of a fight for the last piece of pudding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

mikom wrote: »
    I always thought that if Roy Keane, Stephen Ireland and Eric Cantona were sitting in a room together and Paul Galvin walked in, there'd be a hell of a fight for the last piece of pudding.

Aye. My money would be on Roy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭bazza1

I thought it was Mahmoud Ahmadinijad, President of Iran! Though Mahmoud dresses a bit better than western GAA infidels!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Daisy!

Absolute tool! Make him go away soon please. You just know he'll end up getting his own show on RTE :rolleyes::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,264 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Remember there was a newspaper article last year connecting him to the job on tv3 expose.
    It was a joke at the time - kerry hardman for expose job but going by his interview last, its pretty close to the mark in terms of how he sees himself. Unfortunately, he is nothing but a thug, that fish hook thing is just a sick action. Should be criminal charges brought for such behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

Who?

And why are you watching The Late Late show? What age are you? 50?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

dapto1 wrote: »

He did take responsibility - http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/sorry-galvin-2238461.html. He got singled out for that this Summer, plenty of worse incidents were let go by others but he had to do the time.

That interview was painful. Yes Tubs he likes fashion, most football people already know this. What a woeful interviewer he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Did anyone else think he was pissed drunk???

I can't bear him. He doesn't have to say anything to annoy me, just the sight of him is enough to piss me off.

And what the fcuk was the story with the gaylord clothes?
    If that's fashion then he should stick to playing football. I wouldn't let him dress a salad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

You need to edit the title of this thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement