Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

That replica made me a little bit ill. :p

But I did see something quite real yesterday.
    A VERY exiting day for me - I saw my all time dream car. A Ferrari 275 (or 330) GTS. :eek:

060709_002.jpg

060709_003.jpg

Driven by, who I suspect to be, Ruairi Quinn's brother, who I know lives close by where the pics were taken!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

The thing I love about this one is its not your typical colour, the dark blue is not common.Also its the hard top convertible model which is not often seen !

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

:D:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::D

Nice one MM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭plissken

bit harsh.. "bears no resemblance" makes it sound like i put up a picture of a snooker table and called it a ferrari.

it's an excellent replica and everyone thought it was real. i can see now how different the door is and behind the back wheel arches but i've never looked up pictures of dinos before so how was i to know.

Is this your car by any chance :D Its the only plausible explanation I can surmise for your staunch defense of such shoddy workmanship, may I point out some glaring ommisions that may have escaped your attention such as the lack of any side windows behind the door frames, lack of chrome bumpers and incorrect and quite cheap and nasty looking to be frank lights all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

I've seen pretty good replicas of the 246 GTS Dino (the targa top version), but all the GT Dino replicas (even the well built ones) aren't really in the ballpark at all.

1024720-5.jpg
    Decent looky-likey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭brosnadog

plissken wrote: »
    Is this your car by any chance :D Its the only plausible explanation I can surmise for your staunch defense of such shoddy workmanship, may I point out some glaring ommisions that you may have escaped you such as the lack of a side window behind the door frames, lack of chrome bumpers and incorrect and quite cheap and nasty looking to be frank lights all round.

i normally like the CC section of boards, no egos or Bulls****. that is until today!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Is this your car by any chance :D Its the only plausible explanation I can surmise for your staunch defense of such shoddy workmanship, may I point out some glaring ommisions that you may have escaped you such as the lack of a side window behind the door frames, lack of chrome bumpers and incorrect and quite cheap and nasty looking to be frank lights all round.
    So the guy didn't recognize a replica - big deal. We all have differing levels of knowledge about classics, I think the point of this forum should be to encourage people rather than to make fun of them. Might we leave it at that?

Anan1 wrote: »
    So the guy didn't recognize a replica - big deal. We all have differing levels of knowledge about classics, I think the point of this forum should be to encourage people rather than to make fun of them. Might we leave it at that?

.......yeah thats a fair comment. I certainly didn't mean to offend, sorry if I did !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭plissken

Anan1 wrote: »

Why exactly did you quote my post, I was not mocking anyone nor was I attempting to be some sort of smart arse.

A photo of a car was posted which as plenty of others pointed out was not the car the op originally believed but was infact a replica, of which Ive nothing against when done right (which this particular car was certainly not)

All I was merely trying to assertain was why the op maintained that the car was
    it's an excellent replica and everyone thought it was real.
    even when so many other posters pointed out its obvious flaws, of which there are many.

What exactly are you claiming I've done wrong when my language was neither beligerent nor condesending. If someone were to post a picture that they say is of a Saab when in fact its actually a Volvo, are we not to point out the ops error, and if the op were to continue proclaiming the photo is of a Saab are we not meant to clarify further why he is wrong ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Maybe I shouldn't have checked the reg. on Cartell........

• Advertisement

Why exactly did you quote my post, I was not mocking anyone nor was I attempting to be some sort of smart arse.

A photo of a car was posted which as plenty of others pointed out was not the car the op originally believed but was infact a replica, of which Ive nothing against when done right (which this particular car was certainly not)

All I was merely trying to assertain was why the op maintained that the car was even when so many other posters pointed out its obvious flaws, of which there are many.

What exactly are you claiming I've done wrong when my language was neither beligerent nor condesending. If someone were to post a picture that they say is of a Saab when in fact its actually a Volvo, are we not to point out the ops error, and if the op were to continue proclaiming the photo is of a Saab are we not meant to clarify further why he is wrong ?
    Whoa there - thank God Ads by Google isn't as sensitive as your good self!:D I'll freely admit that I laughed a bit myself, but I think the joke's run its course at this stage. That's directed at all of us, myself included. Fair enough?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Break it up lads...lol!!
    Heres a few from a local show in kerry on sunday.

Image063.jpg

Image064.jpg

Image068.jpg

This BMW was in very good shape.
    Image065.jpg

And nothing to do with cars,but i just liked the fact this tractor had its original reg plates..
    Image067.jpg

Image066.jpg

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

Image066.jpg

Nice old style curvy digits too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

macplaxton wrote: »
    Nice old style curvy digits too :D
    Lol,yup, i thought the exact same,theres only a few of us plate freaks that would get a kick outta that...:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Forgot the back of the Manta in my earlier post :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Blue850

didn't get a pic but an S-reg white Aston Martin DBS V8 pulled up near my house last night, bonnet up as it had over heated, the owner was an English chap who's living in Clare says he's had it 20 years and its his daily driver, let it cool down, topped it up with water and away he went.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Landyaddict

Saw this last night in the Applegreen garage at Rathcoole.
    Really nice condition leather interior

Landy

Saw this last night in the Applegreen garage at Rathcoole.
    Really nice condition leather interior

Landy

...........now that is sweet !

I would love one in that great shape as my daily !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭sogood

Nice Pontiac in Graigenamanagh, lovely day too, on Sunday, following the Saturday monsoon down there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Love the mantas ! This one was down Dun Laoghaire recently

3707241951_fc3f6c74a1.jpg?v=0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭DaveCol

Trev M wrote: »
    Love the mantas ! This one was down Dun Laoghaire recently

3707241951_fc3f6c74a1.jpg?v=0

There is a gold one around fairly often

My uncle's friend's '88 T3:

Image007.jpg

Getting rare nowadays, especially in the van form. This one is still in everyday use.

What I've spotted over the past few weeks:

S2300243.jpg

S2300253.jpg

S2300254.jpg

Image005-1.jpg

Image000-1.jpg

Image005.jpg

Image000.jpg

Image001.jpg
    ^ Sellotape holding down the headlights! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭briana7214

spotted this in the car park at work yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭briana7214

and some form our local show couple of weeks ago,(One in there for landyaddict)
    also that unimog on top of the bedford is for sale if anyone is interested,can pass on sellers number

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Spotted these on Saturday, posted them on the HWIST thread over in motors but nobody even commented on them! Sad, because they are very unusual cars. I probably should have posted them here in the first place!

Anyone jnow what they are?

IMG_0866.jpg
    IMG_0858.jpg
    IMG_0844.jpg
    IMG_0843.jpg
    IMG_0846.jpg
    IMG_0875.jpg
    IMG_0881-2.jpg
    IMG_0882-2.jpg

Yes I know - the Merc's are kinda ovious!

OZY 565's an NSU RO80, for starters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭tc20

the red & grey car (in profile) is a DKW, but what model i wouldn't know without a google. There's another parked next to OZY 565 in the 3rd pic.

ZV5999 (the red & white cabrio) is also from the Auto Union stable

Possibly an early Volvo 544 (i think) at the end of the row in the last pic (grey car behind the Mini)

Spotted this Fiesta earlier on in the car park of Nutgrove shopping centre:

Image000-2.jpg

Good condition too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Landyaddict

briana7214 wrote: »
    and some form our local show couple of weeks ago,(One in there for landyaddict)
    also that unimog on top of the bedford is for sale if anyone is interested,can pass on sellers number

Hi Briana,

Two there for me, the series swb and the forward control truck, NICE. Can't wait till my 1960 is ready to show

Landy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement