Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

21-03-2008, 14:29   #1

Bailey point, Salthill

Anyone live in Bailey Point? Whats it like? Any problems? Thinking about moving in there but have heard some mixed reviews.
Advertisement
21-03-2008, 21:44   #2
majiktripp

Baileys Point seems to be cursed, doesn't have very many people living in it (it would appear) so much for the club and cinema proposed for it too, I think you could find a better place to call home somehow.
21-03-2008, 21:55   #3
galwayrush

Should be some good views from the higher floors.
22-03-2008, 01:26   #4
Sponge Bob
Banned

It was ALWAYS supposed to have a "bar and nightclub, cinema and restaurant" and the ongoing lack of a cinema ( and the lack of lights on at night) scares me, frankly ! I hate empty cinemas , they are soooo 1950s rural Ireland . I would wait until the court case is settled , its imminent .

The original court case was dismissed

Then a certain Solicitor named Michael Lynn 'appeared '

Quote:
In 2003, property developer Brian Cunningham and his wife Marian made a complaint to the Law Society after Lynn deducted professional fees of €817,747 from a sale deposit of €1.4 million held in a client account after a property sale at the Finglas Shopping Centre.

As part of its investigation, the Law Society probed six allegations made by the Cunninghams in relation to Lynn.

In addition to the professional fee deduction, the Cunninghams also claimed that Lynn had acted ‘‘negligently’’ in relation to the title of a property development at Salthill.

According to the Law Society report at the time: ‘‘First Active apparently had issued loans totalling IR£25 million but, because of the title problems, the site was now valued at only IR£15 million. The Cunninghams stated that they would be filing a claim of IR£10 million against the solicitor, the Law Society and the compensation fund.”

They also alleged that Lynn had acted negligently and recklessly in several other cases, and, that due to this negligence, they believed he was partially responsible for three of their companies going into receivership.

Despite all of this, the Law Society ‘‘came to the conclusion that the complaint made to the Society did not constitute grounds to warrant intervention,” according to Law Society documents.

In light of the recent evidence against Lynn, Cunningham and his wife have now issued a writ to recover €817,747 from the Finglas Shopping Centre sale.
This ties in with Cunningham losing the Bailey development to teh bank and with the the lease on the bar/cinema/nightclub

Unsurprisingly there is a new court case in train and being heard as a matter of urgency .
Thanks from:
22-03-2008, 01:43   #5
galwayrush

Shocking.
Advertisement
23-03-2008, 10:12   #6
Interceptor

It is a very ugly building - I wouldn't want to live in it

'cptr
08-04-2008, 00:22   #7
galwaytt

Send a message via Skype™ to galwaytt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
It is a very ugly building - I wouldn't want to live in it

'cptr
only topped by the Burren Mount, beside it.......
Thanks from:
09-04-2008, 00:01   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by galwaytt View Post
only topped by the Burren Mount, beside it.......
YEAH!!!! WHAT IS THE STORYYYYYY WITH THAT PLACE?? What's spooky is that it's closed up completely, but sometimes you see a lightbulb on from the side windows, spooxfest I tell ya!
It hasnt been touched in YEARSSSS, all the furniture's covered in blankets, all 60's retro style beds and all, haha! Dust bunnies galore!-put that on your breakfast toast and eat it. Another of Galways delicious sights! Just atomic bomb the place and start again, minus the boggers!
09-04-2008, 16:05   #9

burren mount?
pics?
Advertisement
09-04-2008, 16:43   #10
cornbb

Its right across from the car park on the prom. It looks like a giant grey soviet-era lego brick.
09-04-2008, 17:50   #11
ronnie3585

Dont forget the 'massacre house' curtains
09-04-2008, 17:56   #12
biko
Arbiter

I once stayed in Eastern Europe, before the Wall came down.
The hotels there looked like Burren Mount.

Bailey Point agus Burren Mount

Last edited by biko; 09-04-2008 at 17:58.
09-04-2008, 23:39   #13
GerardKeating

Send a message via ICQ to GerardKeating Send a message via AIM to GerardKeating Send a message via MSN to GerardKeating Send a message via Yahoo to GerardKeating Send a message via Skype™ to GerardKeating
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornbb View Post
Its right across from the car park on the prom. It looks like a giant grey soviet-era lego brick.
I actually like the Building, almost Art Deco...
10-04-2008, 09:25   #14
Sherifu

I always liked how the building looks. Had no idea Michael Lynn was involved. Doomed, lol.
10-04-2008, 12:58   #15

Ive a mate living in there, and however abandoned it looks on the outside, inside its as plush a place as ive ever seen. The flats are all brand new (obviously) and well maintained. The rent aint cheap, but when you have a talking elevator (with a sexy, flirty voice) taking you to your domicile in comfort, then what matter?
Thread Closed