Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,405 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

FatherTed wrote: »

I wonder if there could possibly be some context to police officers handling stolen goods....

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Overheal wrote: »
    Why single out black people? Or Antifa?

Is this not par for this course?

Do you know white opportunists were not involved in looting her store? I’ve seen lots of evidence of white opportunists

You said you hope that white opportunists and thugs are caught. I never mentioned race. You did.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,825 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

But like, peaceful protesters should be gone home by 7 or 8 o clock..

Civil disobedience can be peaceful. Conservatives did a load of that in April, protesting law and order to stay in quarantine. Basic first amendment stuff.

Curfew is designed to justify, from what we’ve seen, tear gassing and shooting at nonviolent people because it’s 7:01 and not 6:59.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

I have seen some very interesting videos of looting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I wonder how much Corona was spread yesterday during that protest?

I was thinking about this as an added amount of deaths the cop may have caused.

If he didn't kill the guy then no protest and less spread of the virus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,499 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

FatherTed wrote: »

Erm, looks like they may be recovering stolen goods tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

:D:D

Civil disobedience can be peaceful. Conservatives did a load of that in April, protesting law and order to stay in quarantine. Basic first amendment stuff.

Curfew is designed to justify, from what we’ve seen, tear gassing and shooting at nonviolent people because it’s 7:01 and not 6:59.

Haha.. yeah..Tbh man, I dunno..

Be careful what you wish for..

You said you hope that white opportunists and that thugs are caught. I never mention race. You did.

I never said you did.

I just took for granted you were following along and know that by and large BLM, Antifa, blacks, the protestors etc. have been blamed for the looting when there’s little clear evidence to blame all of it on one or all of these groups. I’ve even heard aiding and abetting thrown around to describe peaceful protestors who have looting happen in their area without their direct knowledge.

Shhh...

We don't right like your logical types round these parts.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

nullzero wrote: »
    I wonder if there could possibly be some context to police officers handling stolen goods....

Into vehicles that don’t appear to be government issued?

BoroMan32 wrote: »

55 years of liberalism summed up in 24 seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 13,308 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

nj27 wrote: »
    People are having their lives ruined right now? I am a small business owner, if my premises were destroyed I'd be basically destroyed for life, as would my kids. And this is due to a matter which appears to be statistically questionable at the very least? But if I say that I'm racist? Sorry, I know bull**** when I hear it.

Overheal said black and Asian business owners like you should claim insurance.

He isn't a Klan member he supports the protesters.

Easy to see the life he has had to date. He couldn't understand the pressures or losses incurred for life even with insurance.

Reminds me of the Christy Moore song.

He'll drive his big car and smoke his cigar, he'll never lose.

Into vehicles that don’t appear to be government issued?

For somebody who spends so much time on the conspiracy theory forum here making fun of people for being so easily duped by stupid theories you really have no issue lapping this type of nonsense up.

Glazers Out!

I never said you did.

I just took for granted you were following along and know that by and large BLM, Antifa, blacks, the protestors etc. have been blamed for the looting when there’s little clear evidence to blame all of it on one or all of these groups. I’ve even heard aiding and abetting thrown around to describe peaceful protestors who have looting happen in their area without their direct knowledge.

You are on crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,032 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

nj27 wrote: »
    People are having their lives ruined right now? I am a small business owner, if my premises were destroyed I'd be basically destroyed for life, as would my kids. And this is due to a matter which appears to be statistically questionable at the very least? But if I say that I'm racist? Sorry, I know bull**** when I hear it.

Well your life would be a lot more destroyed if a police officer shot you or your kid or you lived in consistent fear of that happening.

No one is saying looters or rioters aren't bad and everyone agrees they should be stopped.

However, the priority you put on bricks and mortar over actual lives shows, at minimum, you relate or simply care more about business owners than what minorities are facing on a daily basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

How is this related to the instance of cops loading up looted goods into a private vehicle?

Nothing. It has to do with that the 'peaceful protestors' are doing. Instigators is more like it for many of them which is unfortunate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Are there people* too stupid to know its not OK to throw a brick? Jesus

*any race

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

The riots are ridiculous , the blm blaming the "white man" are ridiculous , let's burn down our city to make a point !

Everyone was in agreement it was horrific and tragic blacks and whites alike yet select groups are trying to make it into black vs white , you ve spastics then like Billie elish and pink preaching to everyone about white privilege all whites are privileged apparently

The whole thing has just become a joke tbh .

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Well your life would be a lot more destroyed if a police officer shot you or your kid or you lived in consistent fear of that happening.

No one is saying looters or rioters aren't bad and everyone agrees they should be stopped.

However, the priority you put on bricks and mortar over actual lives shows, at minimum, you relate or simply care more about business owners than what minorities are facing on a daily basis.

Business generates revenue without that none of us have food power public services and so on.
    Loss of jobs will cause deaths.

2u2me wrote: »
    Nothing. It has to do with that the 'peaceful protestors' are doing. Instigators is more like it for many of them which is unfortunate.

So one person among millions and you’ve attributed the sin to the entire group?

Imagine that.

Business generates revenue without that none of us have food power public services and so on.
    Loss of jobs will cause deaths.

If this is your argument:

40M people lost jobs last month. The dozens, even hundreds of shop fronts damaged will be a drop in the bucket. Many vandalized stores are already rebuilt from earlier in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,032 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Cupatae wrote: »
    The riots are ridiculous , the blm blaming the "white man" are ridiculous , let's burn down our city to make a point !

Everyone was in agreement it was horrific and tragic blacks and whites alike yet select groups are trying to make it into black vs white , you ve spastics then like Billie elish and pink preaching to everyone about white privilege all whites are privileged apparently

The whole thing has just become a joke tbh .

You were so close to going on an 'all lives matter' rant that you clearly really want to do...

40M people lost jobs last month. The dozens, even hundreds of shop fronts damaged will be a drop in the bucket. Many vandalized stores are already rebuilt from earlier in the week.

So the damage that has been caused is inconsequential? And that is BECAUSE people already had experienced hardships due to Covid19?

Glazers Out!

Have a look at many of my Covid 19 posts I have said the lockdown will cost lives.

It's not an argument it is fact many businesses are already on the brink this is not going to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

So one person among millions and you’ve attributed the sin to the entire group?

Imagine that.

There are reports of piles of bricks being found in many places. So you've guessed I only saw one story and assumed I made a sweeping generalization... Imagine that! (don't expect much less tbh)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8377069/Bricks-randomly-appear-protests-sparking-theories-planted-stoke-violence.html

• Advertisement

Foxtrol wrote: »
    You were so close to going on an 'all lives matter' rant that you clearly really want to do...

Or you wish they would....

Glazers Out!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement