Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Judgement day for Maria Bailey.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

Mind me asking Bowie, who are You referring to?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jennifer_Carroll_MacNeill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Yeah Miriam would be a poor replacement for Sean o'Rourke. Though I think if she were to take that slot (which is 5 days per week) it would mean she would have to give up Prime Time. I cant see her doing that, she wants to be on tv more than radio.
    Genuinely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »

Thanks for the heads up General Zhukov. For me who she is married to is her business, what would worry me more is the fact she was

She subsequently took a break from politics, not returning until October 2017 when she came to the aid of Minister for Housing, Planning and Local Government Eoghan Murphy, where she advised him on the National Planning Framework and the creation of the Land Development Agency. She worked with Murphy's office until January 2019 when she left to work for a Public Relations firm.

[end quote].

Look at the shambles Murphy made of the housing, and the total bull sh*t he spewed over the past few years. And now we discover she was behind a lot of this?

Speaking of housing, this in the Journal today:

https://www.thejournal.ie/rent-freeze-taoiseach-5081289-Apr2020/

The very thing Varadker said was UNCONSTITUTIONAL prior to the election.

And meanwhile this garbage from FF:

https://www.thejournal.ie/readme/fianna-fail-5079782-Apr2020/

Perhaps there will have to be another election in May.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Election is more that 2 months ago, yet Bailey is still making news even though she is political history lol

Must be some sort of record?

She's not making the news. There's been nothing but positive press about the great job FG have been doing over the last number of months. Go back to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

She's not making the news. There's been nothing but positive press about the great job FG have been doing over the last number of months. Go back to sleep.

https://twitter.com/normaburke/status/1252940393903243265?s=21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

She's not making the news. There's been nothing but positive press about the great job HSE have been doing over the last number of months. Go back to sleep.

FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,408 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Hah, those links woke You from your slumber Pat, good.

Regarding Bailey, yes directly my above link and comment has nothing to do with her, but INdirectly it certainly has - how? Well, she is ( or was at least ) a member of FG, which makes her a part of the untrustable and scurrilous bunch masquerading as politicians.

As for the FF link? Sure it only illustrates that both parties are of the same ilk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

salmocab wrote: »
    Is that for real? Ffs

Just to add to the tweet, the quickest vaccine ever is most definitely not 4 years. Swine flu was within 1 year, sooner actually, not sure of the exact timeline for mass rollout.

givyjoe wrote: »
    Just to add to the tweet, the quickest vaccine ever is most definitely not 4 years. Swine flu was within 1 year, sooner actually, not sure of the exact timeline for mass rollout.
    Swine Flu wasn't a Coronavirus though, was it?

Edit - https://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2020-04-17/coronavirus-vaccine-ian-frazer/12146616

Suckit wrote: »

Didn't specify coronavirus in his 4 year statement what virus family he was referring to. 4 years is not the record for vaccine development. Maybe less of the snipey smart arse comments.

Your link says we've never made a successful coronavirus vaccine, so your point and the 4 year claim makes no sense whatsoever. It's simply incorrect.

givyjoe wrote: »
    Didn't specify coronavirus in his 4 year statement what virus family he was referring to. 4 years is not the record for vaccine development. Maybe less of the snipey smart arse comments.

Your link says we've never made a successful coronavirus vaccine, so your point and the 4 year claim makes no sense whatsoever. It's simply incorrect.
    There genuinely wasn't any snipey smart arse comments. That is the way you may have read it, but not the way it was posted.

The link was added later.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭tmabr

And she is back in court claiming. Lol.

Didn’t take long.

tmabr wrote: »

Didn’t take long.

Don’t leave us hanging.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭christy c

Didn’t take long.

Not surprised. She acted like an entitled scumbag when elected, so she would not change now that she is a private citizen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,928 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Don’t leave us hanging.....

It's behind the paywall on the Indo site, but..

Maria Bailey sues news publisher in High Court over coverage of 'swing gate'

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/maria-bailey-sues-news-publisher-in-high-court-over-coverage-of-swing-gate-39241331.html
    Former TD initiates defamation proceedings over language used in two articles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

This is great news, in my opinion she has a slim chance of winning this case and also if she wants to fight this in court we will have great discovery of evidence on both sides. Including who was the solicitor who advised her to pursue the personal injury case in the first place. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Didn’t take long.

I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw that today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Probably that other spoofer Josefa madigan providing the advice!!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Does it say who is representing her this time? Could this be her having the last laugh at FGs expense?

I think the paper should let this one go to court. This exposure will be better than any advertising campaign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Looks like FG didn't deliver on any retirement promises.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Bowie wrote: »
    Looks like FG didn't deliver on any retirement promises.

She might get a Seanad nomination as part of government talks. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

Does it say who is representing her this time? Could this be her having the last laugh at FGs expense?

I think the paper should let this one go to court. This exposure will be better than any advertising campaign.

Looks like a firm in Naas from a Google search. Although, I don't know why she isn't representing herself this time, she must be an expert by now taking out an auld claim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Looks like a firm in Naas from a Google search. Although, I don't know why she isn't representing herself this time, she must be an expert by now taking out an auld claim.

I believe it's an American legal anecdote, ' the plaintiff who represents himself, has a fool for a client'.
    Maria is no fool, well not that foolish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

My god she is some fool, she just cant let it go and move on. I'd pity the poor judge who is going to have to listen to her whining

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Muahahaha wrote: »
    My god she is some fool, she just cant let it go and move on. I'd pity the poor judge who is going to have to listen to her whining

I read that in MrTs voice Muah.

mr-t-413140-1-402.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

McMurphy wrote: »
    I read that in MrTs voice Muah.

mr-t-413140-1-402.jpg

She aint gettin on no swing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

What is the basis of this particular claim?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    What is the basis of this particular claim?

Middle class entitlement?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,872 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

The runaway train had run out of energy... it was coming to a standstill and the driver just ordered her stokers to pour more coal in to the fire!!

CHOO CHOO!! Get out of my way peasants!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

She personifies all that is wrong with modern ireland and the political party of Fine Gael.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,512 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Just when it's all been forgotten with a worldwide pandemic, this.

Put away the shovel, pet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

It’s not like the reputation is at stake, more embarrassment for FG will spur her on. The media will get great mileage out of this one.

Alan Farrell TD can be her bag carrier..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Underground

Imagine being that detached from reality that you'd think this is an okay thing to do, bearing in mind the year or so that she's just had.

Unbelievable, her ego must be out of control.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

She got some roasting before (deservedly so). I'm amazed that she is willing to go back into the fire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Every citizen is entitled to seek redress from the courts. Why is she any different?

She obviously believes she has a case. The court will decide. Let her off t.f.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Mrsmum wrote: »
    She got some roasting before (deservedly so). I'm amazed that she is willing to go back into the fire.

I'd imagine she thought she could sneak under the radar in the pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

Fair play to her - Hope she bleeds them dry.

Bloody journalists think they can write anything. I experienced some nasty journalism myself and I can assure you, it really has a very long-lasting negative affect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,926 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

One wonders could the Justice demand the release of the video tape as a result of this.
    One can but hope. Gwan yer Honour!

p.s. Or to remember the swing...Gwan yer Offher! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

I believe boards has a long standing rule on not commenting on open court cases. This thread should be locked immediately, in line with policy.

I'd advise other posters not to comment further.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,926 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I believe boards has a long standing rule on not commenting on open court cases. This thread should be locked immediately, in line with policy.

How can you comment on a court case that hasn't begun?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,823 ✭✭✭Allinall

Arciphel wrote: »
    This is great news, she hasn't got a hope of winning the case and also if she wants to fight this in court we will have great discovery of evidence on both sides. Including who was the solicitor who advised her to pursue the personal injury case in the first place. :pac:

How do you know this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

:):). .
    Will the amigos be along to reiterate this ?

Heat_Wave wrote: »

Bloody journalists think they can write anything. I experienced some nasty journalism myself and I can assure you, it really has a very long-lasting negative affect.

Yeah, nasty journalists reporting on the pesky facts.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,302 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

One wonders could the Justice demand the release of the video tape as a result of this.
    One can but hope. Gwan yer Honour!

p.s. Or to remember the swing...Gwan yer Offher! :)

Now that I would like to see!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Heat_Wave wrote: »

Your comment is absolutely ridiculous!

Most of the damage Bailey suffered (both physically and reputationally) was self inflicted! The facts of her case are VERY well known. Were you also in the wrong like Bailey and youre upset at the media because they called you out?:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Allinall wrote: »
    How do you know this?

You're absolutely right - I will qualify my initial statement - I believe she has a very slim chance of succeeding in the case. I base this on past cases in Irish courts and also my understanding of defamation law in that in order to defeat the newspapers likely defence of qualified privilege, the plaintiff would have to prove malice in reporting the news article in question.

Does anyone know why the Irish Mirror in particular is being singled out here?

• Advertisement
Advertisement